PDA

View Full Version : One bright moment in a tragic start to 2019

Uncle Wally
01-01-2019, 21:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJUv-V0R3gs

TolkoRaz
01-01-2019, 21:07
Incredible to think that the partially clothed baby has not only survived the collapse of the building, but also the very extreme cold temperatures for approx 24 hours.

Although this baby, who is cleary a fighter, has a few broken bones, it seems to have resilience and strength to became a future prize fighter, or may be a priest! :)

Uncle Wally
01-01-2019, 21:13
Incredible to think that the partially clothed baby has not only survived the collapse of the building, but also the very extreme cold temperatures for approx 24 hours.

I heard 35 hours.

Uncle Wally
01-01-2019, 21:15
Let's us thank all the emergency services that work to save us 365 days a year, great work guys and girls!

TolkoRaz
01-01-2019, 21:16
Yes, it was well over 24 hours but was unsure of the exact period...

Benedikt
02-01-2019, 05:11
suppose the first miracle is, that the baby's mother also had survived. she was found earlier and is in the local hospital. the baby survived that long out in the cold under the rubble because it was wrapped in a blanket. still found in its crib. it was flown to Moscow to a special kids hospital where its serious injuries will be cared for.

TolkoRaz
02-01-2019, 09:13
Imagine if the explosion had occurred later in the day when more residents would probably have been at home celebrating the arrival of the New Year.............

Being the victim of such an event is totally unthinkable, especially if subsequently trapped in the collapsed building!

Uncle Wally
02-01-2019, 10:43
suppose the first miracle is, that the baby's mother also had survived. she was found earlier and is in the local hospital. the baby survived that long out in the cold under the rubble because it was wrapped in a blanket. still found in its crib. it was flown to Moscow to a special kids hospital where its serious injuries will be cared for.

Mother and father were found alive. The too is very good news. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my daughter. We spend so much time together having fun all day she has become a big part of my life.

Uncle Wally
02-01-2019, 10:45
Imagine if the explosion had occurred later in the day when more residents would probably have been at home celebrating the arrival of the New Year.............

Being the victim of such an event is totally unthinkable, especially if subsequently trapped in the collapsed building!

Yes one of the most horrible things you could think of.

Alan65
02-01-2019, 16:02

A very similar thing happened in the UK in the 1960s, the conditions surrounding the original construction and cause of the collapse look very similar which leads to the question how many more could be out there..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

It was only circa 15 years ago that when looking to buy a new oven/stove that when going to get a new one was told that I needed one with a fire safety device (FSD), basically it is some sort of switch that stops gas coming out into the atmosphere/room if it is not alight, therefore preventing the cause of an explosion, for all we know this could simply have been down to someone putting the kettle on, the flame goes out, lighting a cigarette etc and bang.

Recently I was around a friends house and she still has a non compliant stove, I told her the story about how i found out about this, basically I was about to go on holiday for 2 weeks, just as we were leaving my apartment a friend says "i can smell gas", sure enough, the flame had gone out, gas was still coming into the room, it does not bear thinking about the consequences of what could have happened if we had gone on holiday and not realised this.

Result of part of the inquiry, basically, a construction system not suitable for high rise and very bad workmanship (look at some of the illustrations)

https://buildingfailures.wordpress.com/1968/02/06/ronan-point-disaster/

Current situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBtqhlDFRo

Uncle Wally
02-01-2019, 16:36
I seems the father was the one who helped save his son. He had to put on work clothes so he could get pass the security but once he did he directed people to where his son could be.

Uncle Wally
02-01-2019, 18:40
Good time for a "Saved by Dad" video!

Uncle Wally
02-01-2019, 18:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b86NK39POQ

Benedikt
02-01-2019, 18:48
Current situation

one important thing was not mentioned and that was already the cause of several accidents. in Russia, all the gas pipes are laid OUTSIDE along the walls of a building. and scum is stealing connections and connectors that a being made of lead or brass or other - expensive- metal. stickig then the pipes together, wrapping some -scotch- tape around and dissapear. when the whole building is using gas, the duct tape just can not hold and somethign goes. often the whole building or part of it.and as we all know from the way these -panel doms- are beign clapped together, if one piece goes the rest collapeses like a deck of cards.

Alan65
15-01-2019, 13:05
Current situation

one important thing was not mentioned and that was already the cause of several accidents. in Russia, all the gas pipes are laid OUTSIDE along the walls of a building. and scum is stealing connections and connectors that a being made of lead or brass or other - expensive- metal. stickig then the pipes together, wrapping some -scotch- tape around and dissapear. when the whole building is using gas, the duct tape just can not hold and somethign goes. often the whole building or part of it.and as we all know from the way these -panel doms- are beign clapped together, if one piece goes the rest collapeses like a deck of cards.

It looks like this tower will be coming down

https://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/-/media/Files/DPE/Reports/Opal-Tower-Investigation-Draft-Interim-Report-2019-01-15.pdf