PDA

View Full Version : It's not only Amazon

Uncle Wally
21-12-2018, 07:23
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/dec/20/facebook-contractors-filter-digital-labor-dispute-christmas

Facebook too.

Remington
21-12-2018, 08:32
Not surprised since Facebook is in the tech valley of the bay near San Francisco where the cost of living is absurdly high.

Benedikt
21-12-2018, 09:37
though one thing wonders me. why always before Christmas? when business is high? the same like the Italians. Strikes only in summer. When tourist business is high. Same as the yellow vests now. to disrupt the Chrismas-New Year shopping and visitors. Same in Austria,in Vienna, the -Ringgroad- (Ringstrasse, like the Boulevard Ring in Moscow) was blocked off more or less a whole day.Of course not on Monday, but on a -special- shopping day...

Uncle Wally
21-12-2018, 11:16
To be the most effective.

Ignatius
21-12-2018, 13:45
Not surprised since Facebook is in the tech valley of the bay near San Francisco where the cost of living is absurdly high.

Correct, and explains why they and others like Google are relocating to cheaper rents. It can't be cost effective paying research assistants $22 (1,503R) an hour. Neoliberalism at work.

TheInterocitor
21-12-2018, 18:44
“Many of us work second jobs, have subpar living arrangements, and/or cannot afford necessary medical care for ourselves and our families …"

The fact that they can not afford to pay $2000/month to rent an apartment, or buy the only available housing at $500,000/house, is reflective of living conditions in Governor Moonbeam's Progressive state of California, not Facebook policy. And the fact that they have to pay $500-$1000/month for their health care premiums is because of Barack Hussein Obama's progressive and socialized health care.

Uncle Wally
21-12-2018, 19:10
Correct, and explains why they and others like Google are relocating to cheaper rents. It can't be cost effective paying research assistants $22 (1,503R) an hour. Neoliberalism at work.

http://time.com/money/5481695/jeff-bezos-net-worth-amazon-2018/

But that's capitalism, isn't it? Let the poor people protest, he government will just beat them down.

Remington
22-12-2018, 00:03
The fact that they can not afford to pay $2000/month to rent an apartment, or buy the only available housing at $500,000/house, is reflective of living conditions in Governor Moonbeam's Progressive state of California, not Facebook policy. And the fact that they have to pay $500-$1000/month for their health care premiums is because of Barack Hussein Obama's progressive and socialized health care.

I can't even afford US health insurance and I'm not eligible for ACA. I'm stuck in the crack like many Americans without insurance. ACA is a joke to begin with and I would support Medicare for all but that's not going to happen with powerful health insurance lobbyists in DC. US is being run by corporate thugs behind the scene.