PDA

View Full Version : UK wants to put Moscow's lights out!

Uncle Wally
08-10-2018, 08:58
https://qz.com/1416362/the-uk-war-games-cyberattacks-that-could-black-out-moscow/

Judge
08-10-2018, 09:24
They don't want to, only if they are at war with Russia, and both sides practice such scenarios.

Here's the Times article ,

Defence chiefs have war-gamed a massive cyber-strike to black out Moscow if Vladimir Putin launches a military attack on the West, after concluding that the only other way of hitting back would be to use nuclear weapons.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/uk-war-games-cyber-attack-on-moscow-dgxz8ppv0?_ga=2.58052266.1684028993.1538922478-959467586.1538672718

Uncle Wally
08-10-2018, 10:15
That's lame. Russia would nuke the UK off the face of the earth.

Judge
08-10-2018, 11:58
That's lame. Russia would nuke the UK off the face of the earth.

The UK does have nukes too, anyways, whoever sets off nukes is lame, then it's lights out for all of us.

Uncle Wally
08-10-2018, 13:01
The UK does have nukes too, anyways, whoever sets off nukes is lame, then it's lights out for all of us.

Yes that's a given, so why would the UK want to do that? It's a real stupid game they're playing.

bydand
08-10-2018, 14:14
Yes that's a given, so why would the UK want to do that? It's a real stupid game they're playing.

So why would Russia (want to) do that? They have purportedly done that https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Russian-Hackers-US-Power-Grid-489228711.html

They just don't announce it in newspapers.

Benedikt
08-10-2018, 15:02
well, Russia is big and there would be plenty of candles in Siberia if it comes to that. While of England nothing much would be left.

Uncle Wally
08-10-2018, 15:41
So why would Russia (want to) do that? They have purportedly done that https://www.necn.com/news/national-international/Russian-Hackers-US-Power-Grid-489228711.html

They just don't announce it in newspapers.

It definitely sounds like fake news. Russia didn't hack the DNC and all this news about Russia comes out only after Trump meets with Putin or says we should be friends.

bydand
08-10-2018, 23:03
Best for Britain to have the option of turning off the lights in Moscow as a show of power (if need be), than nuke Moscow as a show of power. More options are always preferable.

TolkoRaz
09-10-2018, 02:49
Nothing unusual about this, the Chinese had hacked into the US of A power grid many years ago (2009) and were in a position to switch off the national grid at the flick of one switch...........

Imagine the chaos of no Air Traffic Control, no home / office / schools / supermarkets / malls power unless generators were available, minimal power at hospitals etc...........

Total chaos would soon follow as people panicked and traffic lights etc failed.........

Oblique reference made in this 2009 open source news article...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5126584/China-and-Russia-hack-into-US-power-grid.html

Judge
09-10-2018, 08:12

It's the " Great Game" they have been playing it for many years, I'd say the UK doesn't have a leg to stand on in a direct confrontation with Russia and would rely heavily on allies coming to their aid, mainly the US.

The UK has been playing the security card in its Brexit negotiations with the EU, that you need our security expertise to fight an aggressive Russia, military threat, cyber threat, etc.

TolkoRaz
09-10-2018, 15:44
The UK has been playing the security card in its Brexit negotiations with the EU, that you need our security expertise to fight an aggressive Russia, military threat, cyber threat, etc.

I think you will also find that extremist attacks in Europe, specifically those IS attacks in Paris and the Belgium connection, occurred just as BREXIT negotiations commenced......... The French and Belgiques were only too ready to accept much needed help from the UK's Intelligence Services which was instrumental in accurately networking and locating the cells allowing France's RAID and GIGN, and the Belgian DSU, to neutralise the extremists who were on the run and making a fool out of DST etc..........

Uncle Wally
09-10-2018, 22:46
I think you will also find that extremist attacks in Europe, specifically those IS attacks in Paris and the Belgium connection, occurred just as BREXIT negotiations commenced......... The French and Belgiques were only too ready to accept much needed help from the UK's Intelligence Services which was instrumental in accurately networking and locating the cells allowing France's RAID and GIGN, and the Belgian DSU, to neutralise the extremists who were on the run and making a fool out of DST etc..........

Yeah that's because the terrorist are working for the UK.

TolkoRaz
10-10-2018, 02:41
Yeah that's because the terrorist are working for the UK.

Fact, Fake News or Conspiracy?

Uncle Wally
10-10-2018, 07:13
Fact, Fake News or Conspiracy?

What were the White Helmets?

TolkoRaz
10-10-2018, 16:01
What were the White Helmets?

The answer to that question, and its accuracy, would depend on who you were asking! ;)

bydand
10-10-2018, 18:18
The answer to that question, and its accuracy, would depend on who you were asking! ;)

And whether you believe them or not.

Uncle Wally
10-10-2018, 20:45

That's why you have to look at the evidence, also who has what to gain. Tolko you are not a stupid man. A group of people who work in a terrorist controlled area and that are not killed by said terrorist and then saved by the UK?
Y

Uncle Wally
10-10-2018, 21:05
And whether you believe them or not.

This is why we have courts and due process. The US Constitution was written at a time when they was little you could do about the King's word
We all believe what we believe. I for one believe the movie The Matrix was a documentary and not so much fictional. But then I am not a self indulgent. I don't worry what will happen to me, because somehow it has always worked out. I am still here and I still have people that need me. If not I would have left. Some people take themselves way too seriously.

Uncle Wally
10-10-2018, 21:06
If you die, the world will not stop turning.

TolkoRaz
11-10-2018, 02:32
That's why you have to look at the evidence, also who has what to gain. Tolko you are not a stupid man. A group of people who work in a terrorist controlled area and that are not killed by said terrorist and then saved by the UK?
Y

?????

TolkoRaz
11-10-2018, 02:34
If you die, the world will not stop turning.

It is possible that 'we' shall all die if the World does indeed stop turning!