PDA

View Full Version : How long to get something delivered into Russia via пошта?

swampwiz
06-06-2018, 19:59
My bank is sending me a credit card (they could have simply sent it to me when I was in the USA a few months back, but they are idiots), and the representative claimed that it would take "7 to 10 business days" which is the standard amount of time that is given for a card to be sent from the USA to an address in the USA. So this presumes that it will take just about all those 7-10 business days to get into the international incoming facility in Russia. The question becomes how long it will take to get to an actual address in Russia. Should I expect this extra time to be less than or greater than a month?

I have a feeling that the representative was clueless, and that they will send it via some type of priority.

bydand
06-06-2018, 21:42
I would guess three weeks to a month.

Uncle Wally
06-06-2018, 21:44
I would guess three weeks to a month.

I see you're more a "glass half full" kind of guy.

swampwiz
06-06-2018, 21:44
OK, here's an update. Visa will be actually printing the card in Russia, not the USA, so the 2 weeks will be normal. Hopefully they will have an address in St. Pete (where I am at) where I can pick it up.

bydand
06-06-2018, 22:05
I see you're more a "glass half full" kind of guy.

Actually I get mail from the US in about a month, and I'm not in Moscow (or SPB).:big-grin:

TolkoRaz
06-06-2018, 22:08
Actually I get mail from the US in about a month, and I'm not in Moscow (or SPB).:big-grin:

Canada?;)

Uncle Wally
06-06-2018, 22:23
Canada?;)

Hard to tell the difference a?

Hans.KK
06-06-2018, 23:04
OK, here's an update. Visa will be actually printing the card in Russia, not the USA, so the 2 weeks will be normal. Hopefully they will have an address in St. Pete (where I am at) where I can pick it up.I do not think they have an office in spb, sorry. Internal post in Russia is strange, when I receive stuff from remote places in Russia it first have to go to Moscow (a few days), and then jump around different post offices there (weeks of jumping around), then it will sooner or later come to spb (again a few days), but I can follow the whole route with all the registration in and out, and around all the post offices, what a service.