PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cosby and Who''s the Most Worried Man in America?

TheInterocitor
26-04-2018, 22:08
http://deadline.com/2018/04/bill-cosby-guilty-in-sexual-assault-retrial-1202377505/

Personally, I don't people should be judged by today's standards, on incidents which occurred in decades (or centuries) past, when a different set of standards/values applied. And are they going to send an 80-year-old to prison?

In any case, who is now the most worried man in America?
If you guessed his initials are "B. C.", (no, not referring to fallen-from-grace "Bill Cosby") you win the prize! :cheerleader: (Hint: his wife is still angry about losing an election).

Benedikt
27-04-2018, 06:31
Personally, I don't people should be judged by today's standards, on incidents which occurred in decades (or centuries) past, when a different set of standards/values applied. And are they going to send an 80-year-old to prison?

this is indeed comparing apples with pears what i do. a crime is a crime. IF and when proven guilty and sentenced. the gave a 82 year old, i think it was a woman, i did not read the article, the death sentence. so, if the grabsher is found guilty, and that will be hard to prove,let him stamp number plates, glue together envelopes or whatever light work they do in American prisons.

https://kurier.at/chronik/weltchronik/schuldspruch-fuer-bill-cosby-in-missbrauchsprozess/400027474

he WAS found guilty. though no sentence passed yet. but he could face up to 10 years in prison.

Benedikt
27-04-2018, 07:34
again, not connected to this case. but it also shows that for sure one can not envy the work of the police. or the prosecutor. or defence attorney. two 14 year old girl were walking in the forest. One was attacked by a maniac.... they went to the police and reported it.

LATER it was found out that the story was made up completely. because the kids are underaged no further news, reasons why telling such a story, are forthcoming.

http://www.heute.at/welt/news/story/Bonn-Walberberg-Merten-14-jaehriges-Maedchen-hat-Sex-Attacke-frei-erfunden-Feldweg-Wald-44232678

TheInterocitor
27-04-2018, 10:46

this is indeed comparing apples with pears what i do. a crime is a crime. IF and when proven guilty and sentenced. the gave a 82 year old, i think it was a woman, i did not read the article, the death sentence. so, if the grabsher is found guilty, and that will be hard to prove,let him stamp number plates, glue together envelopes or whatever light work they do in American prisons.

https://kurier.at/chronik/weltchronik/schuldspruch-fuer-bill-cosby-in-missbrauchsprozess/400027474

he WAS found guilty. though no sentence passed yet. but he could face up to 10 years in prison.

What I mean is, for example, when I went to high school, one Friday night my friend said he wanted to go to a teacher's house. He said there was a party there. So we walked over there (we did not have cars, nor even driver's license), arrived, and only an older lady teacher was there, no "party". She taught high school at the other high school in the city. She asked if we wanted some beer, I said no. My friend had a beer, and those two disappeared into another room, closed the door. A half hour later, my friend returned and said it was my turn. I blanched, no way, I was (we both were) 17 and the teacher was in her 30's or so... :) Then we left, just another fun Friday night ...

If that happened today in the USA, then the teacher would be arrested for "child abuse," being a "sexual predator," "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" (for giving us alcohol) and sent to prison.

It was not a crime when it happened, now we are going to make it crime and ruin her life?

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves, too, but now the Progressives consider them criminals, rather than the founders of the world's first democracy (republic).

You can't play a game, and then, after the game is over, change the rules of the game, and apply the new rules to old games which have already been played.