PDA

View Full Version : want to work as chicken catcher in Canada?

Benedikt
22-04-2018, 22:56
https://www.facebook.com/jobrila/photos/a.146596206105461.1073741828.146458716119210/215055355926212/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
did not even know such job exists. though i can imagine what it entitles...

DiscoverLearn
23-04-2018, 08:52
Looks like a scam. Noone sponsors a visa for such a low skill job.

TolkoRaz
23-04-2018, 09:29
May be it has been paced by the US Government to encourage Mexicans to go to Canada rather crossing into and staying in the US of A?

Armoured
23-04-2018, 11:03
Looks like a scam. Noone sponsors a visa for such a low skill job.

Seasonal worker programs (mostly in agriculture) exist for which costs are reasonably low. These are by definition pretty low paid jobs (by local standards).

Don't know what a chicken catcher is but description says general farm labourer. Most common for seasonal jobs (not surprisingly) are things like fruit and vegetable picking/sorting.

Lots of countries have similar programs, I don't know any specifics, but not at all surprising. Within EU this stuff used to be big, much less common now that no work visas needed for e.g. Romanians or whatever to head North.

Benedikt
23-04-2018, 14:05
Don't know what a chicken catcher is but description says general farm labourer. Most common for seasonal jobs (not surprisingly) are things like fruit and vegetable picking/sorting.

when the chickens are ready to go to the slaughter house, or chicks are sent to other farmers to grow more, they are all being herded with wooden or plastic boards from one end of the stable to the other end. where other -catchers - stay and throw ( and they DO throw them, check the internet) the chickens into crates. and onto trucks to be carted to wherever they go. this is a chicken catcher. working mainly at night, it is a dirty and smelly job. not to many want to do it...or someone who is desperate for money and will do any work.

Starbob
21-06-2018, 16:58
Nice, but I prefer firewatching

Liu.vix
21-06-2018, 23:52

when the chickens are ready to go to the slaughter house, or chicks are sent to other farmers to grow more, they are all being herded with wooden or plastic boards from one end of the stable to the other end. where other -catchers - stay and throw ( and they DO throw them, check the internet) the chickens into crates. and onto trucks to be carted to wherever they go. this is a chicken catcher. working mainly at night, it is a dirty and smelly job. not to many want to do it...or someone who is desperate for money and will do any work.

Where is your Restaurant ?

Benedikt
22-06-2018, 07:18
Where is your Restaurant ?

50 years slogging away over a hot stove is enough. I am (semi) retired. I still do the odd Oktoberfest or Beerfestival.Or Austrian-German-South African-Russian Promotion. But not longer than a month or two. For the rest I do work at home with the computer. Menu translations, corrections. Writing calculations technical cards. And other documentation that is needed by HACCP or NOSA in order to operate a hospitality establishments. I have the qualifications for it. Though i am not an official trainer or Instructor. I do -secret buyer- for food and procuce. This is after all in line with my work. And for the rest. We have a big dog. That needs walking 3x a day....