PDA

View Full Version : Comey's Book

TheInterocitor
20-04-2018, 20:57
Try to leave a negative rating for Comey's book on Amazon, Jeff Bezos won't let you. Even a critical review, a 2 or 3, is rejected by the richest man in the world, the owner of the Washington Post. He's not going to tolerate any more criticism of the Deep State:

Uncle Wally
20-04-2018, 21:51
We know the system is rigged. We know that Comey writing a book is just a way to pay him off without it looking like a, well, pay off.

Benedikt
21-04-2018, 04:28
not the only one. i made a review for - Tripadvisor- about the vernissage here in Moscow. since i live here i wrote it in this style and not as a -tourist- would write it. it was rejected - does not fit the style of reporting-. same thing on another site. someone reported me because they did not like my style. so i got -fined-. (not in real monetary terms...) though it was no f words, no Nazi, no abrasive language. well, so be it. i stopped writing for both of them. as simple as that...

TheInterocitor
21-04-2018, 10:02
Now Yahoo! has posted "new terms of service" for my e-mail account. They will monitor every message one sends, including financial transactions.

https://www.komando.com/happening-now/455054/yahoo-aol-and-oaths-new-massive-email-privacy-policy-changes-you-need-to-know-about

(Kim Komando does a radio show that helps callers with tech questions)

All your photo and video data belong to us

The new privacy policy also explicitly states that Oath collects your photos and videos identifying "EXIF" data.

Translation? Well, aside from snooping on your photos and videos, Oath has the right to collect their location, date and time data, camera settings used and even scan them for image and facial recognition.

You can turn off your camera's EXIF and metadata features, of course, but this won't stop Oath from scanning and analyzing your photo and video content.

Your banking emails are fair game

But perhaps the most disturbing part of the new privacy policy is this - "Oath may analyze user content around certain interactions with financial institutions." This means they can scan email content and communications from your bank and credit card company, for example, and use the data for their purposes.

Oath says that this enables the company to build features that interact with such institutions but lo and behold, it also allows them to send targeted ads via the data mined from these emails. Who knows what else will they do with your banking data?

Benedikt
21-04-2018, 11:23

let's just hope google or yahoo are not doing MY mails with Raiffeisen, since all are in russian langauge...

Uncle Wally
21-04-2018, 12:42

let's just hope google or yahoo are not doing MY mails with Raiffeisen, since all are in russian langauge...

They can translate them easily. You can be sure any Russian email will be looked at now.

rumple_stilskin
21-04-2018, 15:46
Now Yahoo! has posted "new terms of service" for my e-mail account. They will monitor every message one sends, including financial transactions.

https://www.komando.com/happening-now/455054/yahoo-aol-and-oaths-new-massive-email-privacy-policy-changes-you-need-to-know-about

(Kim Komando does a radio show that helps callers with tech questions)

All your photo and video data belong to us

The new privacy policy also explicitly states that Oath collects your photos and videos identifying "EXIF" data.

Translation? Well, aside from snooping on your photos and videos, Oath has the right to collect their location, date and time data, camera settings used and even scan them for image and facial recognition.

You can turn off your camera's EXIF and metadata features, of course, but this won't stop Oath from scanning and analyzing your photo and video content.

But perhaps the most disturbing part of the new privacy policy is this - "Oath may analyze user content around certain interactions with financial institutions." This means they can scan email content and communications from your bank and credit card company, for example, and use the data for their purposes.

Oath says that this enables the company to build features that interact with such institutions but lo and behold, it also allows them to send targeted ads via the data mined from these emails. Who knows what else will they do with your banking data?

It may be the case they have already been doing it. This new user agreement just makes it now legal for them to do it.

TheInterocitor
21-04-2018, 16:25

Google's stated policy is not so intrusive, but that may be "fake policy." :) Guess who was most-frequent visitor to White House during Obama's term?

Nothing is black or white in this time...

Benedikt
21-04-2018, 17:20
They can translate them easily. You can be sure any Russian email will be looked at now.

not that i am worried, it does not bother me anyway. the few millions i have make me no oligarch. but i just wonder, we all know what gobble di gock these machine translators sometimes do. on the other hand, if they read our emails, they would also have the -authority- to access directly our accounts? or ask the manager of the bank?
while it might be a coincidence, I am with Raiffeisen as long as i can remember. and all the time since i'm here in Russia. and it is only the last 2 month that got 2x an SMS that certain functions in the bank are not working. because there is some -update- or the central bank -revisors- do some checking. and funny, though all mail.notices or the likes were always in russian language.we are in Russia after all... but the sms was both times in english language, that is what i am using for my account, internet banking and the likes.maybe i should check with the banks management, to see what answer i will get...

Uncle Wally
21-04-2018, 17:47
Google's stated policy is not so intrusive, but that may be "fake policy." :) Guess who was most-frequent visitor to White House during Obama's term?

Nothing is black or white in this time...

With technology it is becoming easier. I use a Microsoft Windows phone and it has Cortana. She will read my emails and if a business appointment is mentioned in the email she will automatically put that into my calendar without me doing a thing. Sounds very convenient but what else is she doing? Oh she can also remind me to pick up milk on my way home when I get close to a store.