PDA

View Full Version : Ship back to USA or sell my vehicle in Russia?

spbmichael
03-03-2008, 14:09
I live in St. Pete. I shipped my 2002 Nissan Xterra SE to Helsinki and drove it to SPB 3 years ago for just $1500. Every 3-6 months I drive it to Finland, turn around and re-register in SPB for $50. Now, I am returning to the US and it seems the fees are about $2500-$3000 to return it.

It is only worth $10,500 in the US, but importing into Russia costs $10,000. I do not want to import into Russia - don't have time or want the headache.

I have heard rumor of some services just over the border that you can sell your foreign vehicle to someone and they can drive it back to Russia as their own and import themselves. Does anyone know of a service that does this?

OR, does anyone know of a lower cost shipment service that can get my vehicle from SPB or Helsinki to Charlestong, SC or Savannah, GA?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Wodin
04-03-2008, 00:29
Can't you just drive it to Helsinki? it's only about 5 hrs drive away.

spbmichael
04-03-2008, 19:58
Yeah, sorry that wasn't clear. I am looking for a service that can ship from Helsinki (the one I was using doesn't - just SPB, which costs much more)

OR

I want to know about a service that I allows me to sell it (like in the USA where you just sign over the title) without me importing it and then someone else can register it in Russia and import it (or not) if they wish.