PDA

View Full Version : Minor replacements for everyday things

ConanS
22-11-2017, 14:25
Hey all, didn't know where to put this thread and it's probably an abuse of the forum's goal, but would anybody know where to buy needle and thread? Some of the buttons on my jacket are in danger of falling off (and yesterday I had a button get ripped off during metro rush hour), hence my need to do some repairs. Similarly, anybody know of places that can do the sowing for me, in case I get really lazy? Muchas gracias

Benedikt
22-11-2017, 22:02
Hey all, didn't know where to put this thread and it's probably an abuse of the forum's goal, but would anybody know where to buy needle and thread? Some of the buttons on my jacket are in danger of falling off (and yesterday I had a button get ripped off during metro rush hour), hence my need to do some repairs. Similarly, anybody know of places that can do the sowing for me, in case I get really lazy? Muchas gracias

all better hypermarkets like AUCHAN, Globus,Shuka, and the like have a section where you can buy these things.these things you find in the section where you also have wool, knitting things, needles and the likes.
to get things repaired very quickly look out for this name АТЕЛЬЕ and/or ремонт обуви. again, in most of the bigger shopping centers they are located either somewhere deep in the bowels of the place or on the last floor. or in some corner togehter with kez services, dry cleaners and the likes.
many of them are also located around bus or Metro stops. people bring in their things in the morning before going to work and can collect them in the evening when going home.
you tell them what you want, most of the time it is also pre payment.and DONT LOSE THE LITTLE CHIT OF PAPER YOU GET. otherwise it will be hard to find your things again.

and if you might need studs, buttons and these things, look up at the SAVELOVSKY COMPUTER MARKET Pavilion 2F-OB the shop / БУЛОШВЕЙКА/ it is a shop that sells sewing machines and everything that goes with it.. it is in the main pavilion, right in at the main entrance, and up the very steep stairs on the right hand side. 2 very nice ladies sit their, helping with everything you might need....
www.blsew.ru
e mail- msk@salonbeloshveika.ru
tel 495 215 16 46

ConanS
23-11-2017, 14:17
Awesome, thanks! You wouldn't happen to know about finding replacement shoe laces? My New Balance ones blew up on me a week ago

Uncle Wally
23-11-2017, 14:30
Awesome, thanks! You wouldn't happen to know about finding replacement shoe laces? My New Balance ones blew up on me a week ago

Yeah there are little shoe repair kiosks all around Moscow. Bring one lace so you get the right length.

We have a place does an excellent job sewing. I had my coat fixed and you couldn't even tell it was. We also have a sewing shop in a little mall here that everything you need for sewing. Where do you live now?

ConanS
23-11-2017, 20:46
Yeah there are little shoe repair kiosks all around Moscow. Bring one lace so you get the right length.

We have a place does an excellent job sewing. I had my coat fixed and you couldn't even tell it was. We also have a sewing shop in a little mall here that everything you need for sewing. Where do you live now?

Still in Pechatniki, but I'm willing to travel to get this stuff taken care of.

Uncle Wally
23-11-2017, 22:16

Ok but I'm sure they have something close to you. I will check it out. Though the seamstress near me is very good.

Have you been to any hockey games yet?

Uncle Wally
23-11-2017, 22:17

It would be so funny if you were renting my friends flat. He moved to Sochi and rents his flat now.

Oh and his neighbor is very Horney!

ConanS
23-11-2017, 22:33
Ok but I'm sure they have something close to you. I will check it out. Though the seamstress near me is very good.

Have you been to any hockey games yet?

Sweet, thanks! I think I've seen an АТЕЛЬЕ in my neighborhood, but would you guys know what's the average cost?

And yeah, I've been to a few games already this season.

Uncle Wally
23-11-2017, 23:38
Sweet, thanks! I think I've seen an АТЕЛЬЕ in my neighborhood, but would you guys know what's the average cost?

And yeah, I've been to a few games already this season.

I think for you it will under 800 rubles.

I really want to go to at least one game this year, it's been so long.

natlee
24-11-2017, 01:21
You wouldn't happen to know about finding replacement shoe laces? My New Balance ones blew up on me a week ago I get my replacement shoe laces at Ecco shops as I still don't have a clue where to get proper NB ones!

Benedikt
24-11-2017, 05:41

same places. where they do shoe repairs, they als osell shoe laces.
shoe shops- where they sell shoes they also sell shoelaces and cleaning,polishing,material
super- hypermarkets- AUCAHN for instance. where they have the shoe section, they also have inlays ( i think that is the right word?) and also have shoe laces. though brushes, shoe cream, dubbing and the likes are at a different section...
and last but not least, because i replaced all mzy shoelaces on mz high winter shoes there. in IZMAILOVO at the Vernissage. main entrance in, first road to the left (NOT up the stairs) about 100 m on the left under the overhead bridge. a guz is selling leather there. whole pieces bit and pieces. and also -shoelaces- made of leather strings. will last for ever when cared for.. $$$ though..

Benedikt
24-11-2017, 05:42
I get my replacement shoe laces at Ecco shops as I still don't have a clue where to get proper NB ones!

Natlee enlighten a man who does not know what is-are NB shoelaces?

natlee
24-11-2017, 06:37
Natlee enlighten a man who does not know what is-are NB shoelaces? Shoelaces for New Balance sneakers :)

ConanS
24-11-2017, 13:17
same places. where they do shoe repairs, they als osell shoe laces.
shoe shops- where they sell shoes they also sell shoelaces and cleaning,polishing,material
super- hypermarkets- AUCAHN for instance. where they have the shoe section, they also have inlays ( i think that is the right word?) and also have shoe laces. though brushes, shoe cream, dubbing and the likes are at a different section...
and last but not least, because i replaced all mzy shoelaces on mz high winter shoes there. in IZMAILOVO at the Vernissage. main entrance in, first road to the left (NOT up the stairs) about 100 m on the left under the overhead bridge. a guz is selling leather there. whole pieces bit and pieces. and also -shoelaces- made of leather strings. will last for ever when cared for.. $$$ though..

Cool, I totally forgot Auchan has stuff like that. I'll check them out then, but I guess for me it's going to be interesting finding something that matches the color of my old laces (red). Oh well, time to explore!

ConanS
24-11-2017, 13:17
I get my replacement shoe laces at Ecco shops as I still don't have a clue where to get proper NB ones!

Do you know where Ecco shop are? I don't think that I've personally seen them around too much

Benedikt
24-11-2017, 18:25
Shoelaces for New Balance sneakers :)

:ligthbulb: send me a close up, of the shoelaces, if you still have the original or a link with the right shoes, maybe i can help....http://photobucket.com/images/new%20balance%20shoes?page=1 if it is any of these ones just click on them and send me the link...
have you tried Sportsmaster? i know for you it will be a schlepp with the kids,but Krokus City, Dvoi Dom,or any of these <multi Shop <temples MUST have them... Savelovsky Market has now not only computers but a huge selection of kids and other, grown up, stuff. but send me a pic...

FatAndy
24-11-2017, 19:09
Do you know where Ecco shop are? I don't think that I've personally seen them around too much
Conanchik, bro, are you banned on both Google and Yandex? :D

https://www.ecco-shoes.ru/shops/

ConanS
24-11-2017, 20:48
Conanchik, bro, are you banned on both Google and Yandex? :D

https://www.ecco-shoes.ru/shops/

Ah yeah, I had a case of the Friday and totally forgot I could look them up :big-grin:. That does help, thanks!

breezy
24-11-2017, 21:03

I think I've seen 'em at Sportsmaster :)

Uncle Wally
25-11-2017, 00:47
Somehow ConanS threads become epic!

I still remember his buying a towel thread. One of the best on expat.ru ever.

FatAndy
25-11-2017, 12:44
Ah yeah, I had a case of the Friday
I hope it was a suitcase? :D

Yes, suspense / thrill one. :)

natlee
26-11-2017, 23:33
:ligthbulb: send me a close up, of the shoelaces, if you still have the original or a link with the right shoes, maybe i can help....http://photobucket.com/images/new%20balance%20shoes?page=1 if it is any of these ones just click on them and send me the link...
have you tried Sportsmaster? i know for you it will be a schlepp with the kids,but Krokus City, Dvoi Dom,or any of these <multi Shop <temples MUST have them... Savelovsky Market has now not only computers but a huge selection of kids and other, grown up, stuff. but send me a pic... Thanks Ben, much appreciated but it's actually my daughter who messes up her NB shoelaces regularly and she's just grown out of her old pair of NB's so we don't need new laces at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure she'll mess up the laces on her new pair of NB's soon enough in which case I may well PM you ;)

Uncle Wally
27-11-2017, 00:01
Thanks Ben, much appreciated but it's actually my daughter who messes up her NB shoelaces regularly and she's just grown out of her old pair of NB's so we don't need new laces at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure she'll mess up the laces on her new pair of NB's soon enough in which case I may well PM you ;)

There is a store called "funny prices" that you can buy a new pair of New Balance for less than a pair of laces.

New Balance have a special place in my heart because they started in Boston and while my first pair of "running" shoes were Nike, New Balance just blew them away. I'm of the age where the "sneaker" changed. Adidas was the first radical new shoes but then Nike came along and we forgot. When my mom took me to the discount shoe store it was the New Balance I picked. They just happened to be the most expensive at the time too. Now I think they suck. Sorry.

FatAndy
27-11-2017, 10:32
Asics rules now! :)

ConanS
27-11-2017, 12:36

Ha thanks, I like to think that I take mundane things and turn them into spectacular threads =)

ConanS
27-11-2017, 12:38
New Balance have a special place in my heart because they started in Boston and while my first pair of "running" shoes were Nike, New Balance just blew them away. I'm of the age where the "sneaker" changed. Adidas was the first radical new shoes but then Nike came along and we forgot. When my mom took me to the discount shoe store it was the New Balance I picked. They just happened to be the most expensive at the time too. Now I think they suck. Sorry.

I've gone with New Balance now just because my feet curve in, and their shoes provide the best support

Uncle Wally
27-11-2017, 13:37
I've gone with New Balance now just because my feet curve in, and their shoes provide the best support

You know what they say. If the shoe fits wear it!

natlee
27-11-2017, 14:18
Now I think they suck. Sorry. To each their own, I guess. I've only had them a couple of years max (have two pairs of the same exact shoes in different colors, the older pair for the crap Moscow roads/pavements and the newer for my trips to the UK :)), and they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. The downside, I guess, is that I now find pretty much any other shoes uncomfortable, and these are a bit too casual for some occasions :)

Oh, and I used to be a die hard Nike fan in my teen years!

DennisMoscow
28-11-2017, 16:27
Well, there's a shop chain called "Igolochka". https://www.igla.ru/shop/moskow/ There are zippers, threads, needles - odds and ends like that. Looking at their catalogue I can't seem to find shoelaces, though.

Benedikt
28-11-2017, 19:45
Well, there's a shop chain called "Igolochka". https://www.igla.ru/shop/moskow/ There are zippers, threads, needles - odds and ends like that. Looking at their catalogue I can't seem to find shoelaces, though.

they do not have them because it is a shop for sewing and handicraft things....
but if there is nothing else and you do not find YOUR shoelaces, there is always the Internet and this shop...http://shoelacesexpress.com/ though DHL will cost most probably 50 times more than the shoelaces.
you could though put an ad here on Expat, take orders for some 100 pais and have them shipped here...

ConanS
19-12-2017, 08:36
Update: I've taken the laces from one of my pairs of summer shoes as a temporary measure. Gonna try to actually buy laces this weekend/soon-ish then.

Uncle Wally
19-12-2017, 09:30
Update: I've taken the laces from one of my pairs of summer shoes as a temporary measure. Gonna try to actually buy laces this weekend/soon-ish then.

It's been awhile since you needed them. Is it really so hard to find them?

FatAndy
19-12-2017, 19:01
Ouch, it's un-f@$&ng-believable! :D

ConanS
19-12-2017, 20:28
It's been awhile since you needed them. Is it really so hard to find them?

Ah yeah, about that. I've been pretty busy/had to earn money.

Uncle Wally
20-12-2017, 02:05
Ah yeah, about that. I've been pretty busy/had to earn money.

Don't we all brother. That and in-between having sex and watching hockey games who's got the time to shop for shoe laces?

DiscoverLearn
02-12-2018, 18:14
For footwear Kari.ru have reasonable priced collection. No idea about the durability though.

Benedikt
02-12-2018, 23:23
there is one more place where to look for things. out in ISMAILOVO ( Metro stop Partisanskaya, dark blue line, on the plan on the right-hand side... last wagon, last door, only one exit. http://news.metro.ru/sc_lat.html. follow the lemmings out.do NOT go to - Kremlin at Ismailovo-, nothign there but tourist rip off. at the bottom there is a new part, the flea market, thean up the ramp and all around. and there are 2 ladies who have all kinds of shoe laces. though one has to look for them, they are not always at the same place.