PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Papers

Judge
05-11-2017, 21:41
Looks like we have a dodgy Queen :big-grin:

Revealed: Queen's private estate invested millions of pounds offshore

Paradise Papers leak reveals secrets of world elite's hidden wealth

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/paradise-papers-leak-reveals-secrets-of-world-elites-hidden-wealth?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Messaging

Benedikt
06-11-2017, 05:39
Looks like we have a dodgy Queen :big-grin:

Revealed: Queen's private estate invested millions of pounds offshore

Paradise Papers leak reveals secrets of world elite's hidden wealth

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/paradise-papers-leak-reveals-secrets-of-world-elites-hidden-wealth?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Messaging

Süddeutsche Zeitung is not a yellow rag. and from the looks of it these are serious things going on.Not like the Stern with his Hitler papers. or the bild who is always first to talk to the dead....
will take me some time to read through this all. though a lot is for abonnements only...suppose there will be a way around to read, without having to subscribe to the paper.
but what i do not understand. every country and more serious government has an auditing chamber.are they realy that -stupid- or naive to believe that a company like Nestle, Coca Cola, KFC and the likes make no or so little profit? who is auditing these companies every year? at the yearly shareholders meeting they all claim audit is being done by a big independent company, one of the big four? if then the tax laws are so stupid they of course will use all the tools that their clients will pay as little as possible. can one blame for that? that they have also a moral obligation, for sure this is something the rich and beautiful do not know or care.GREED is the only word that drives them and they thrive on it. AND who is auditing the auditors. and who is controlling the controllers? NO ONE IT SEEMS.
the fish always starts smelling from the head first. this is a good old russian proverb. now lets see how many -tails- are going to be cleaned. it was always like that. is always like that. and will be always like that.
and in our beautiful western world with their high morals, one is only guilty after being convicted by a court of law and sentenced by a judge.
now who is going to judge and sentence the Queen, a President, a Prime Minister?
they are quickly to write an arrest warrant for a little guy who wants to have independence for his little country, that is easy... but the big fish, THEY will never see a courthouse. and never peel potatoes in Chita....

Russian Lad
06-11-2017, 06:10
I am also reading the Papers have revealed massive investments of the Kremlin into Facebook and Twitter via dodgy schemes involving VTB and an investment fund DST Global and other murky deals related to Russia... Will the kvas crew now shout "It is a lie!" and "Where is the proof?" - after they have jumped so eagerly onto the other parts of the Papers related to the West without demanding any further proof?:) New heavy sanctions against the Russian economy and the ruling pseudoelites seem to be only a matter of time... Hope everyone has sold their worthless rubles and invested into crispy and valuable American dollars by now? The dollar is growing together with the oil price, I hope you all realize what will be happening when the oil is down to 25-30 again from today's 62...

and never peel potatoes in Chita

I assure you this vacancy in Chita will have many candidates pretty soon... They all have Russian as their mother tongue though, hope it is ok with you...

Benedikt
06-11-2017, 07:08
I assure you this vacancy in Chita will have many candidates pretty soon... They all have Russian as their mother tongue though, hope it is ok with you...[/QUOTE]

i might be tempted to bet mz whole bunch of greenbacks.euro,rubles, Talone and Kupone that not one of them, beginning from the Queen, will be on trial, be sentenced or do time.
After all who is going to sue the Queen for tax dodging when all is done legally through loopholes? and for the rest? they all are employing batteries of shyster lawyers who will counter sue, go in revision, delay, obscure, deny, again everything is by the letters of the law. a few little ones will be made fall guys, they will resign,get fired, get another quiet cushy post with a golden handshake, such is life. was always like that. is like that. and will be like that. ( a quote, slightly adapted to suit the times...)

Judge
06-11-2017, 07:09
Usmanov's investment in FB is old news, the other guy Milner invested too, smart guys who made lots of money investing in FB and Twitter early on.
Zuckerberg himself invited Milner to invest.

VTB put about $191m into this vehicle, which bought 11m shares in Twitter in 2011. When Twitter was preparing to float on the stock market in 2013, the VTB-funded vehicle held a 2% stake in the company. The VTB-funded stake was sold in May 2014, according to Milner. Stock prices from that time indicate the sale would have returned more than $240m in profit.

From this huge profit they spent a measly $100000 on some FB ads which helped to get Trump elected...:big-grin:

Russian Lad
06-11-2017, 07:43
i might be tempted to bet mz whole bunch of greenbacks.euro,rubles, Talone and Kupone that not one of them, beginning from the Queen, will be on trial, be sentenced or do time.

I will generously let you keep your kupone, talone and pantalone, you may need them. You live in Russia and plan to stay here for good, as I understand, but you jump at what is related to a foreign queen and blatantly ignore everything related to Russia, your motherland for the rest of your life? Something is hugely wrong with this approach and this worldview, think about it...

From this huge profit they spent a measly $100000 on some FB ads which helped to get Trump elected...

Lame excuses are being concocted and offered on the run?:) Your time, Judge and the kvas members, is about to be over. It is my turn soon... And you know who is going to stop them in their tracks? Ironically, it will be the people who have known no one and nothing else but him (who must not be named) for their entire life. Whoever created this universe, He has a good, but a little bit perverse and cynical sense of humor, mind my words... An interesting movie has been filmed recently, here is a teaser - with a breath-taking view of Saint Pete at the end.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxpQHY4eQ

Judge
06-11-2017, 08:01
RL said,
You live in Russia and plan to stay here for good, as I understand, but you jump at what is related to a foreign queen

She's not foreign to me, I'm one of her many subjects...:winking:
(Edited)
I see you quoted Ben, thought it was to me...

Ben is right by the way, the Queen is the headline news in all this, not Russian oligarchs who did a deal few years ago.

Russian Lad
06-11-2017, 08:05
She's not foreign to me, I'm one of her many subjects...

I was talking to Ben though. Your profile is less clear to me and who knows what you are really up to here (collecting biological samples maybe?:)) and for how long, while Ben is a readable personage.

Judge
06-11-2017, 08:11
I was talking to Ben though. Your profile is less clear to me and who knows what you are really up to here (collecting biological samples maybe?:)) and for how long, while Ben is a readable personage.

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted,
Like I said, she's the headline news in all this, her being the Queen and all, with many of her subjects cheating the system, they just joined old Lizzy..

Russian Lad
06-11-2017, 08:17
Like I said, she's the headline news in all this

It depends on what news sources you are tapped into... And again, as a Russian living in Russia I am more interested in what those Papers say about Russia, for obvious reasons. Ben might be secretly contemplating betraying Putin and fleeing to the GB, hence his acute interest in the Queen, - honestly, I cannot explain it by anything else. It is quite typical of the kvas crew - betrayal is an inborn quality in most of them, a natural proclivity, if you will... They are yet another soft spot of the regime, by and large.

Judge
06-11-2017, 08:22
It depends on what news sources you are tapped into... And again, as a Russian living in Russia I am more interested in what those Papers say about Russia, for obvious reasons. Ben might be secretly contemplating betraying Putin and fleeing to the GB, hence his acute interest in the Queen, - honestly, I cannot explain it by anything else. It is quite typical of the kvas crew - betrayal is an inborn quality in most of them, a natural proclivity, if you will...

There is some dealings between Putin's son in law and one of Trump's biggest backers in these papers, this will be big news to the people who are wanting to find a connection between Putin and Trump.

Ben was just replying to my first post about the Queen's involvement in all this..

I can't remember if anyone in the UK was stripped of their title by the Queen cos they held offshore accounts, if they were, would the Queen now do the same for herself?

"The records show that as of 2007, the queen’s private estate invested in a Cayman Islands fund that in turn invested in a private equity company that controlled BrightHouse, a U.K. rent-to-own firm criticized by consumer watchdogs and members of Parliament for selling household goods to cash-strapped Britons on payment plans with interest rates as high as 99.9 percent."

I'm not saying she's done anything wrong, probably all legal, but you know, it's all part of having these overseas territories..

Alan65
12-11-2017, 20:36
There is some dealings between Putin's son in law and one of Trump's biggest backers in these papers, this will be big news to the people who are wanting to find a connection between Putin and Trump.

Ben was just replying to my first post about the Queen's involvement in all this..

I can't remember if anyone in the UK was stripped of their title by the Queen cos they held offshore accounts, if they were, would the Queen now do the same for herself?

"The records show that as of 2007, the queen’s private estate invested in a Cayman Islands fund that in turn invested in a private equity company that controlled BrightHouse, a U.K. rent-to-own firm criticized by consumer watchdogs and members of Parliament for selling household goods to cash-strapped Britons on payment plans with interest rates as high as 99.9 percent."

I'm not saying she's done anything wrong, probably all legal, but you know, it's all part of having these overseas territories..

There are lots of rumours going around Margate and Ramsgate about Russian Oligarchs snapping up lots of property in the mentioned locations including Margate Lido, lets also rember the original Abramovich and Cyprus, they are all getting their money offshore and I would put my house on it that they all use British offshore companies.