PDA

View Full Version : Cost of life - 2017

Sabu
21-10-2017, 18:12
Hello

Recently I received proposition to come work in Moscow. We worked there in the past and left couple of years ago.
Since there is a huge range of lifestiles you can live, I won't ask how much money you need. What interests me is how much the prices have changed last couple of years.

Some stuff I made conclusion from internet (rent seems like went up 20%-30%, transport and communication no significant change, kindergarten up about 20%), but will be grateful for any additional info.

We're a family with small kids, so any kids relevant info will also be useful.

Thank you!

Judge
23-10-2017, 23:03
Hi, nothing new to really report, prices on some things have gone up like you mentioned, another main thing is food what you can't buy, sanctioned food from the EU and US, other than that, it's all similar to what it was a few years ago..

Joetripster
29-04-2018, 14:32
Prices in Russia in 2018 are higher on 20-30% than in 2017. St. Petersburg and Moscow are expensive routs of families with a low budget. Other cities are cheaper, but there aren't many opportunities to make a career with good earnings. Here you can find more info about cost of living and estimated budget for Russians cities - https://voyagestic.com

Hans.KK
29-04-2018, 16:20
Here you can find more info about cost of living and estimated budget for Russians cities - https://voyagestic.comWell, Kiev and Odessa was close, but not in Russia. The site owner had to get a lot more cities int the database before it is useful.

Benedikt
29-04-2018, 18:45
Hi, nothing new to really report, prices on some things have gone up like you mentioned, another main thing is food what you can't buy, sanctioned food from the EU and US, other than that, it's all similar to what it was a few years ago..

these sanctions have more holes than a strainer. i have seen cheese from Italy ( not italian cheese made in Russia...), imported dairy products (except cheese) were even before the sanctions far and few in-between. Local brie and Camembert have so much improved, there is no difference between them and the French crap we got. Blue cheese is made local and so is Mozzarella or others. And if you know how to read the bar code, you will find plenty of REAL import....

Hammon, the spanish ham is available here, was and still is. the French are still selling their plonk as premium wine.... there is NOTHING that i could not buy before the sanctions and now, if i wanted to.

Detski Mir has been totally renovated. and if it is not there, it is not available in Russia.... Local [production has improved by leaps and bounds. and one should forget and think, just because it is imported from the -west- it is superior to local products. it is a well established fact and also widely known, the export to Russia are for sure NOT the best products. the -West- still thinks Russia will be glad to get anything for any price. and so they flog their crap. these times are gone...
Stockman is still open, though their food section has closed down. who needs sugar for 200 rubles a kilo, when the local one for 28 rubles is the same sweet.
now every weekend, in every district, the weekend markets have opened. i have no photo yet and not tried yet, but out here in Strogino i saw from a small cheese producer - craft cheese-. AUCHAN and also other places are selling FRESH milk, 72 rubles a liter. you fill it yourself into bottles. though one thing is for sure. you want quality you have to pay. but i also understand that some people are o na different budget, so is also the quality of the products. 600 rubles for best quality hot dogs, long slim ones, like we have them in Austria.
400 rubles a kilo for local pork fillet. and since the price is just out of this world, i have not bought since a long time lamb from NZ or Australia. local lamb, though for a good price indeed, is just as good. one only has to know how to prepare it.
chickens( broiler) are 100 rubles a kilo. local beef tenderloin i can find at the local market for 700 rubles a kilo. BIG tender loins.
strip, sirloin, t bone and the likes only imported. from 1200 rubles a kilo....
more food prices you can check out at
www.billa.ru
www.auchan.ru
www.globus.ru.
https://www.facebook.com/METRO-Cash-and-Carry-Russia-129107667156177/ you need a business and a card to get in there....