PDA

View Full Version : Proofreading subtitles

gerol2000
29-09-2017, 12:42
Dear all,

I would be very grateful for helping me to proofread 14 pages subtitles of my 28min feature.
I don't think i am able to pay for the job but, anyway, I would definitely put your name
into a credit box!

Regards,
Oleg Geraskin
gerol2000@mail.ru

Uncle Wally
29-09-2017, 23:16
Dear all,

I would be very grateful for helping me to proofread 14 pages subtitles of my 28min feature.
I don't think i am able to pay for the job but, anyway, I would definitely put your name
into a credit box!

Regards,
Oleg Geraskin
gerol2000@mail.ru

Do you do the bump?

gerol2000
30-09-2017, 09:56
Do you do the bump?

Nothing of the kind. No tits no dicks for the dessert.

Uncle Wally
30-09-2017, 10:42
Nothing of the kind. No tits no dicks for the dessert.

The Bump was a dance during the 1970s it is also a term used for making a post just to bring a thread back to the top so as to make it more noticeable.

You are thinking of bump and grind, which is something completely different and can and does include"tits and dicks"

gerol2000
30-09-2017, 16:19
The Bump was a dance during the 1970s it is also a term used for making a post just to bring a thread back to the top so as to make it more noticeable.

You are thinking of bump and grind, which is something completely different and can and does include"tits and dicks"

A bit of misunderstanding. Nevertheless, in no way I do bump.

Benedikt
30-09-2017, 18:21

but you do not reply or answer questions either. so maybe your post is not a bump but a dupe?

Uncle Wally
30-09-2017, 20:24

So you have never bumped into a friend on the street? Bump into someone on the metro? Bumped into a table? Bumping is part of life. We all bumped into something in our lifetime. But now I am not going to bump your thread and it will die and you will not get what you are after.

gerol2000
30-09-2017, 20:46
So you have never bumped into a friend on the street? Bump into someone on the metro? Bumped into a table? Bumping is part of life. We all bumped into something in our lifetime. But now I am not going to bump your thread and it will die and you will not get what you are after.

Thank you for your sweet-hearted letter. Bump into what you think is worth bumping and enjoy your time.

Uncle Wally
30-09-2017, 22:12
Thank you for your sweet-hearted letter. Bump into what you think is worth bumping and enjoy your time.

I am now sorry I bumped into you. I tried to help you by bumping your thread and you and your Yandex translator have pissed off the only guy here that may have helped you.

gerol2000
30-09-2017, 23:40
Much thanks to you and to 'the pissed-off the only guy' for your care, politness and for being not arrogant at all.
And still, I never use Yandex translator.

TolkoRaz
01-10-2017, 06:49
LOL! What a bizarre thread!

How is it that we have reached 10 posts without Trump being mentioned, but the thread is still f@@ked up!

PS. All understood - subtitles not needed!

Uncle Wally
01-10-2017, 09:07
LOL! What a bizarre thread!

How is it that we have reached 10 posts without Trump being mentioned, but the thread is still f@@ked up!

PS. All understood - subtitles not needed!

Russia, Russia, Russia, bump, bump, bump.

Bump does rhyme with Trump.

Benedikt
01-10-2017, 14:34
Much thanks to you and to 'the pissed-off the only guy' for your care, politness and for being not arrogant at all.
And still, I never use Yandex translator.

i was not, am not and will not be pissed off. though it is not the first time that ( and not only me one would assume) help was offered. and no reply, not even a /thank you, but thank you no/ was in the mail. it IS also known that maybe contacts, data, information, is being collected for possible later use. not meaning admin of the site. but for private use. something urgent comes up and the address book is ready.
i like to help if i can or when i think my knowledge or experience might come to some good.and it does not have to be always for money. some things i do for fun. or for an exchange of a few beers. or a bottle of something from overseas, which is not available here. ( Southern Comfort is ALWAYS on my mind...). but i do not lose any thoughts or worry if something does not work out.for sure there are betters than me out there, if they are of any help,good for them. and great for the person who was seeking help. but internet is also a funny thing. messages and mails get mixed up. mail addresses are popping up, once saved somewhere for whatever reason, but not supposed to be used for THIS but only for THAT...for me this case is closed, not the first one and for sure not the last one, and i will not lose any thought about it anymore.

Uncle Wally
01-10-2017, 15:25
I think he was talking about me but he isn't very friendly for a guy who wants help for free.

gerol2000
01-10-2017, 16:21
I assure you, I am, been and will always be friendly to anybody who helps me, much less to those providing it for free.
I just can't stand arrogance.

Benedikt
01-10-2017, 17:05
I think he was talking about me but he isn't very friendly for a guy who wants help for free.

see, that is what happens when we assume. i though you wrote about me....though i never said or mentioned anything about it... i found gerol2000 reply to me. how it got THERE is beyond me. that mail is nowhere around here, to the best of my knowledge. though mail has had in the past funny ways to appear or to disappear. by the way, also posts here...c'est la vive...

Uncle Wally
01-10-2017, 20:34
I assure you, I am, been and will always be friendly to anybody who helps me, much less to those providing it for free.

You have no sense of humor.

Judge
01-10-2017, 21:23

He's an American, arrogance and American go hand in hand..... Hey Yanks, no offense meant!!!

gerol2000
01-10-2017, 21:44
You have no sense of humor.

LOL!!! Perhaps, I got lost in translation!

Uncle Wally
01-10-2017, 22:16
LOL!!! Perhaps, I got lost in translation!

I am sure of it.

Uncle Wally
01-10-2017, 22:23
He's an American, arrogance and American go hand in hand..... Hey Yanks, no offense meant!!!

I agree 100% maybe I don't know when I being arrogant/American. I try not to believe me. I drink as much vodka as I can, eat pickle cucumbers and put mayonnaise on everything! Yet somehow no matter who much kvas I drink I am still American.

gerol2000
01-10-2017, 22:56
I am sure of it.

Next time, please, write in bold where should one start laughing.
And, once in a while, try to drink as much vodka as you can't, which
definitely helps to polish up one's wit.

Uncle Wally
02-10-2017, 00:27
Next time, please, write in bold where should one start laughing.
And, once in a while, try to drink as much vodka as you can't, which
definitely helps to polish up one's wit.

You should start another thread but in this one ask for someone to proof read your post.

The more I drink the funnier I get! Or at least I think so.

gerol2000
02-10-2017, 01:09
All is arranged already. Thanks.
You are on the right way.

Uncle Wally
02-10-2017, 22:29
All is arranged already. Thanks.
You are on the right way.

I am glad the kind people at expat.ru could help you.

gerol2000
02-10-2017, 23:29
And I am grateful to those kind people.

Uncle Wally
02-10-2017, 23:42
And I am grateful to those kind people.

Gee and no thanks to me for bumping your thread? It could have been lost forever but for my strenuous effort to make sure your quest was accomplished. My undying sacrifice of bumping your thread, left without thanks? Oh why and how do I carry on? You ungrateful Russians owe us Americans for your very being and this is how our arrogance is thanked? Never again shall I bump a thread!

gerol2000
03-10-2017, 01:29
Gee and no thanks to me for bumping your thread? It could have been lost forever but for my strenuous effort to make sure your quest was accomplished. My undying sacrifice of bumping your thread, left without thanks? Oh why and how do I carry on? You ungrateful Russians owe us Americans for your very being and this is how our arrogance is thanked? Never again shall I bump a thread!

By all means, Mr Wally!
Much thanks. Be assured, YOUR pontificating American being as well as your personal 'undying sacrifice' are already rewarded. 'Americans, Russians, owe'...what a total drag! Ease up, humorist! Cut down on watching TV and push on drinking! Bye-bye!

Judge
03-10-2017, 10:35
I agree 100% maybe I don't know when I being arrogant/American. I try not to believe me. I drink as much vodka as I can, eat pickle cucumbers and put mayonnaise on everything! Yet somehow no matter who much kvas I drink I am still American.

It needs to be beaten out of you, seriously, no amount of vodka, kvas,etc will work... beaten in the sense of visiting a Russian banya , beaten with a venik at least 4 times a month, for years and years..

Benedikt
03-10-2017, 10:40
i think we should leave it at that. will end just in a dirty mud slinging. personal attacking each other.HERE we should show more class than that.