PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ben?

vossy7
04-09-2017, 00:05
Haven't seen a post from Ben for a couple of days now .......does he know how to get around the glitch?

TolkoRaz
04-09-2017, 00:07
Haven't seen a post from Ben for a couple of days now .......does he know how to get around the glitch?

He is out walking his hounds and busy taking blurry photos!

Hope he has not fallen in the lake! :eek:

Benedikt
04-09-2017, 08:43

i was rather busy the last few days. i had the pleasure to show an Austrian TV crew Moscow and, since i live here, Strogino. that did mean, up at 5 in the morning walking the dog, at the hotel later on and with the crew around all day long.
they knew more or less that there are no bears on Red Square (closed off more or less anyway for the Tattoo) .And that the locals are not all vodka swilling drunk brutes.
I showed the around town that normally TV crews do not see and parts and ways that are not shown on the news back over there. we were eating Shashlik and Borsht at the local neighborhood eateries. and not at the pseudo Gzhel and Xhachlama painted overpriced rip off eateries. we saw the flea market showing and explaining them, and they saw it for themselves, that it is not the poor granny sitting there, selling her last heirloom spoon to be able to buy a loaf of bread. we went into apartments of - normal- people. with their cats and dogs and canaries. and not only showing and commenting on the Millionaires and oligarch bunkers on Rublovka. we and an excellent estate agent with us ( you want to know more about THAT on a different post). we and tea and coffee and NO Vodka. we went shopping at BILLA, fair enough since this is an Austrian company. and it was fun because they are celebrating 13 years Russia...
with the TV crew was an Austrian from the SUVOROW INSTITUTE in Austria (www.suworow.at). And we went to Kolomenskoye to the Orthodox Sport and Fun Festival. Cool music and NO ALCOHOL, no beer and obvious no hard stuff. no political propaganda, no VV but also no Volvovitch or Navalny.fair enough since it was the Church who sponsored it, it was themed that way, but no - hoopla alleluia - preachers there.
During the few days i tried to show them MY Moscow but that it is also not all Champagne and black Caviar. And they left with a complete different impression than with the one they came to Moscow. And this will be also show on Austrian TV.

annasophia
04-09-2017, 09:29
And they left with a complete different impression than with the one they came to Moscow. And this will be also show on Austrian TV.

Post a link for us to watch it when it airs. спасибо!

TolkoRaz
04-09-2017, 09:37
i was rather busy the last few days. i had the pleasure to show an Austrian TV crew Moscow and, since i live here, Strogino. that did mean, up at 5 in the morning walking the dog, at the hotel later on and with the crew around all day long.
they knew more or less that there are no bears on Red Square (closed off more or less anyway for the Tattoo) .And that the locals are not all vodka swilling drunk brutes.
I showed the around town that normally TV crews do not see and parts and ways that are not shown on the news back over there. we were eating Shashlik and Borsht at the local neighborhood eateries. and not at the pseudo Gzhel and Xhachlama painted overpriced rip off eateries. we saw the flea market showing and explaining them, and they saw it for themselves, that it is not the poor granny sitting there, selling her last heirloom spoon to be able to buy a loaf of bread. we went into apartments of - normal- people. with their cats and dogs and canaries. and not only showing and commenting on the Millionaires and oligarch bunkers on Rublovka. we and an excellent estate agent with us ( you want to know more about THAT on a different post). we and tea and coffee and NO Vodka. we went shopping at BILLA, fair enough since this is an Austrian company. and it was fun because they are celebrating 13 years Russia...
with the TV crew was an Austrian from the SUVOROW INSTITUTE in Austria (www.suworow.at). And we went to Kolomenskoye to the Orthodox Sport and Fun Festival. Cool music and NO ALCOHOL, no beer and obvious no hard stuff. no political propaganda, no VV but also no Volvovitch or Navalny.fair enough since it was the Church who sponsored it, it was themed that way, but no - hoopla alleluia - preachers there.
During the few days i tried to show them MY Moscow but that it is also not all Champagne and black Caviar. And they left with a complete different impression than with the one they came to Moscow. And this will be also show on Austrian TV.

Well Done Ben - I hope they stick to showing the real Moscow.

Benedikt
04-09-2017, 12:43

we will stay in contact. they also will be back for more filming. and i will be with them once more.
my opinion and stance about Moscow,Russia, the Government and VV are well known. here and also in other places. and i do not hide it. i made it clear to them( and they know that many Austrians will agree) that the sanctions have hurt THEM more than Russia. But exporting only fat pork bellies for making sausages, no one needs it. the same as there was a time for the /bush legs/ but we also found out WHAT they realy were. and they could be sold just because they were so cheap.
their next reportage/film will be / on street patrol with the traffic police/ anyone knows someone who drives a cop car, and wants to have some fun as well,let me know.. (Not CID, no OMON, only traffic police).
what we did now will be aired around November, and because it was so much, and so much/many positive things, it will be most probably more than one episode. as soon as i get the link i will post it.

Uncle Wally
05-09-2017, 00:31
we will stay in contact. they also will be back for more filming. and i will be with them once more.
my opinion and stance about Moscow,Russia, the Government and VV are well known. here and also in other places. and i do not hide it. i made it clear to them( and they know that many Austrians will agree) that the sanctions have hurt THEM more than Russia. But exporting only fat pork bellies for making sausages, no one needs it. the same as there was a time for the /bush legs/ but we also found out WHAT they realy were. and they could be sold just because they were so cheap.
their next reportage/film will be / on street patrol with the traffic police/ anyone knows someone who drives a cop car, and wants to have some fun as well,let me know.. (Not CID, no OMON, only traffic police).
what we did now will be aired around November, and because it was so much, and so much/many positive things, it will be most probably more than one episode. as soon as i get the link i will post it.

I think you need to talk with the head of the traffic police but realize that they will inform the FSB about what you are doing and you will be looked into. I had an idea like this a year ago. You know to show the real Russia and ordinary Russians. I talked to a friend who is married to a Russian government official and they said it was a bad idea. Sometimes we can get ourselves in trouble trying to help. No good deed goes unpunished, bla,bla,bla. I don't know but I wouldn't try doing something with the Russian government. They can take care of themselves. You will only be labeled a propagandist, then a racist, fascist, by western news organizations.
The more you tell the truth the more they will hate you. Don't get me wrong I support what you are trying to do but it won't come without some wanting to target you. Good luck, stay safe.

Why don't you try Stop Ham?

Judge
05-09-2017, 11:00

If the rest isn't "real" what is it, fake?

Benedikt
05-09-2017, 11:20
If the rest isn't "real" what is it, fake?

most of the time they show Rublovka and the Oligarchs. or the black clad, kneeling and wailing granny. where we all know by now it was a young man, deceiving people and making 1000-s of Rubles every day. because he was only around where the foreigners were. until one day he was exposed by a local newspaper i believe. and could that guy run...
same in the Metro. these wailing people with sick kids, dying or dead children and so forth. and when one is a regular user of the Metro, one sees quickly it is the same woman with a different kid everyday. or the same kid with a different woman...

that is the Moscow that is shown overseas. and of course VV and his million $$ watches, castles, dachas, girlfriends, kids and what not else. everything under the heading - assumed. we think, it was said. from insiders, from informed sources -.... and if you write to them or readers demand facts, there are none forthcoming. because that does not bring - clicks,likes and revenue -

Judge
05-09-2017, 12:12
Ok, I was thinking by showing the real Moscow meaning by places, be it a posh street in the centre to sleeping district, it's all the real Moscow at the end of the day..

It depends what the TV crew/company is here to show, if say to promote Moscow for the football world cup, nobody is going to care about Rublovka and the Oligarchs...

Benedikt
05-09-2017, 19:39
Ok, I was thinking by showing the real Moscow meaning by places, be it a posh street in the centre to sleeping district, it's all the real Moscow at the end of the day..

It depends what the TV crew/company is here to show, if say to promote Moscow for the football world cup, nobody is going to care about Rublovka and the Oligarchs...

the story was, a (catholic ) Austrian has converted to orthodoxism, hope this is the correct word. wants to become an orthodox priest here in Moscow. wants to emigrate from Austria because he thinks over there is nothing more going on. and he is not the only one.
and HERE sits another Austrian,already in Russia some 25 years, though still a catholic, and still an Austrian Passport holder. but does not want to go back anymore, has PRP and is happy here.
how is life here, how did the sanctions affect my personal life.
but also what might be the reason the ( mostly black, though this was not the main question) refugees in Europe do not want to come to Russia, for instance?
and as a little side line - gag - the redakteur of the TV Company has the same first and second name as i have, or the other way around. we have never met, never known of each other, though through the Internet got to know of him. and somewhere down the line we for sure are related. and that we will find out....
also, it happens that BILLA is a very popular supermarket chain in Austria. and they are here in Russia, since 13 years. how have the sanctions affected them? getting products, who is shopping here. what are the prices. and the likes.

Judge
05-09-2017, 19:55
the story was, a (catholic ) Austrian has converted to orthodoxism, hope this is the correct word. wants to emigrate from Austria because he thinks over there is nothing more going on. and he is not the only one.
and HERE sits another Austrian,already in Russia some 25 years, though still a catholic, but does not want to go back anymore, has PRP and is happy here.
how is life here, how did the sanctions affect my personal life.
but also what might be the reason the ( mostly black, though this was not the main question) refugees in Europe do not want to come to Russia, for instance?

That's all good then, for sure they won't be interested in seeing how a select few rich people live behind very high fences...

Looking forward to watching it...well done..