PDA

View Full Version : Potentially dangerous social experiment this morning!

vossy7
15-07-2017, 12:42
So having been in Cheshire whilst recuperating for a couple of months and then a 10 day vacation in London , I thought I would conduct a little experiment this morning as I was out for my constitutional .....
I said to every one I met ....доброе утро..... I got many double takes followed by a hesitant ....доброе утро ........all from women ......the younger ones just smiled , maybe I still have it :winking: ........ a lot of complete silence .........all men .........a few snarls........all men.........and one I had to run (hobble) from .....yes a MAN!!!!!!!!:smile:
Moral of the story , if you are a crazy Irishman ......wandering around Moscow in shorts and a green polo top ......keep your fecking mouth shut. I'm going to try hugs next , if you dont hear from me again you will know what happened :hug:

Uncle Wally
15-07-2017, 15:07
So having been in Cheshire whilst recuperating for a couple of months and then a 10 day vacation in London , I thought I would conduct a little experiment this morning as I was out for my constitutional .....
I said to every one I met ....доброе утро..... I got many double takes followed by a hesitant ....доброе утро ........all from women ......the younger ones just smiled , maybe I still have it :winking: ........ a lot of complete silence .........all men .........a few snarls........all men.........and one I had to run (hobble) from .....yes a MAN!!!!!!!!:smile:
Moral of the story , if you are a crazy Irishman ......wandering around Moscow in shorts and a green polo top ......keep your fecking mouth shut. I'm going to try hugs next , if you dont hear from me again you will know what happened :hug:

I remember way back when, everyone in your building would say hi whether they knew you or not. At least people have stop checking out your shoes. First they looked at your face, then they looked at your shoes and depending on your shoes would either look back at your face or just look away.

vossy7
15-07-2017, 15:50
actually to be honest , around our dacha everyone in the village nods to each other:smile:

TolkoRaz
15-07-2017, 16:04

Did you meet any Cheshire Cats?

nicklcool
15-07-2017, 23:03
I've noticed the Russian culture is weird about 'good morning': it's reserved for people who actually know you; for everyone else it's the formal or semi-fornal hello (здравствуйте or здраааасте)

For your hugs idea ;). :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbLpfQ46L8

vossy7
16-07-2017, 17:22
I've noticed the Russian culture is weird about 'good morning': it's reserved for people who actually know you; for everyone else it's the formal or semi-fornal hello (здравствуйте or здраааасте)

For your hugs idea ;). :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbLpfQ46L8

Cheers mate ......I just love the word 'привет' and I just use it everywhere .......my wife always tells me .....you know what darling( she always calls me darling even after 20 years!) what if I said 'watcha me old cock' to everyone I came across in the UK?:straight-face:....I sort of get her point.....sort of.... привет :music:

FatAndy
16-07-2017, 17:26
City criminal/incident news: Tanned smiley man was beaten in the tram going by route #3.

Uncle Wally
16-07-2017, 20:08
City criminal/incident news: Tanned smiley man was beaten in the tram going by route #3.

Gee I hope vossey7 is ok.

TheInterocitor
17-07-2017, 07:20
For your hugs idea ;). :

доброе утро will get you better service in a shop or office.

FatAndy
17-07-2017, 11:05
Доброе слово - и кошке приятно!

TheInterocitor
18-07-2017, 13:46
Доброе слово - и кошке приятно!

A nice cat? Is it slang? :)