PDA

View Full Version : Can I get Russian Passport If I have a child?

Liu.vix
11-07-2017, 00:10
I don't want to marry, but Can I get Russian passport if i had a child from a Rus citizen?

Uncle Wally
11-07-2017, 01:10
I would say no but it would make it easier to get a visa.

Hans.KK
11-07-2017, 10:21
I don't want to marry, but Can I get Russian passport if i had a child from a Rus citizen?No, if you have a child with a Russian citizen that will not get you a Russian passport, it may help to get a visa.

Route to Russian Passport:
TRP, and then PRP, and then Russian citizenship. (Expect 3+1+1 years & you have to pass some Russian language test)
HQS visa, and then PRP, and then Russian citizenship. (Expect 1+1 years & you have to pass some Russian language test)

The fact that you have have a child with a Russian citizen will not help you to get TRP/PRP outside the quota, but marriage to a Russian citizen + a child with the same Russian citizen will help you to get TRP/PRP outside the quota.
You can always apply for TRP/PRP within the quota.

DiscoverLearn
11-07-2017, 19:36
No, if you have a child with a Russian citizen that will not get you a Russian passport, it may help to get a visa.

TRP, and then PRP, and then Russian citizenship. (Expect 3+1+1 years & you have to pass some Russian language test)
HQS visa, and then PRP, and then Russian citizenship. (Expect 1+1 years & you have to pass some Russian language test)

The fact that you have have a child with a Russian citizen will not help you to get TRP/PRP outside the quota, but marriage to a Russian citizen + a child with the same Russian citizen will help you to get TRP/PRP outside the quota.
You can always apply for TRP/PRP within the quota.

So If HQS knows Russian language then they can become Russian citizen in 2 years. That's quite quick.

DiscoverLearn
12-07-2017, 20:19

Can someone please elaborate it little bit, as I asked around and everyone says it will take atleast 5 years for HQS to get Russian passport IF s/he remain on same job.

Liu.vix
13-07-2017, 03:22
edited.

Benedikt
13-07-2017, 03:50
Can someone please elaborate it little bit, as I asked around and everyone says it will take atleast 5 years for HQS to get Russian passport IF s/he remain on same job.

PRP is valid for 5 years and than one can renew it for another 5 years. up to 8 times. i believe so many spaces are in the book for stamps..... or go for citizenship or passport. that is the theoretical thing. But one also can apply earlier, more or less as soon as you have your PRP. and if all the docs are in order it will be granted.THAT IS what Hans pointed out.

Tiancai
13-07-2017, 18:19
PRP is valid for 5 years and than one can renew it for another 5 years. up to 8 times. i believe so many spaces are in the book for stamps..... or go for citizenship or passport. that is the theoretical thing. But one also can apply earlier, more or less as soon as you have your PRP. and if all the docs are in order it will be granted.THAT IS what Hans pointed out.

PRPs issued to HQS people have a shorter validity and more restrictions than the standard PRP (for example you can't move around the country and change jobs freely).

DiscoverLearn
13-07-2017, 19:41
PRPs issued to HQS people have a shorter validity and more restrictions than the standard PRP (for example you can't move around the country and change jobs freely).

You're right but once HQS acquires citizenship then they can work and live anywhere they like. My major concern is the timeline of acquiring Russian citizenship through HQS which is I guess can be as short as 2 years as pointed by Hans.