PDA

View Full Version : Visiting relatives

rusmeister
13-04-2017, 17:59
What's the easiest legal way to have close relatives visit? What kind of visa, and what registration where is required for it these days? If I want them to stay with me, what way involves the least hassle?

Benedikt
13-04-2017, 18:27
What's the easiest legal way to have close relatives visit? What kind of visa, and what registration where is required for it these days? If I want them to stay with me, what way involves the least hassle?

Rusmeister i suppose i only can repeat what Andy and others always recommend. Contact Vadim at the Liga Consultation. from what i have read here, he seems to know God and the world and a few more people. therefore for sure he will be able to answer all your questions as well.
- we - do not know where your relatives live, which country they will come from. and it seems for every country there are different requirements.
registration is the easiest way. special if - when you own your own place. all can be done via the post office. go FIRST alone, find out what documents you need,fotos and what not. you have 7 WORKING days to do that.
good luck and lets hope all works out well.

natlee
13-04-2017, 19:08
Should be a regular tourist/visit type visa (if they're coming for a single visit), but they should mention on the application that they have relatives here. Ben is right though - I would contact smb who knows it all better than any of us on here.

rusmeister
13-04-2017, 20:23
Rusmeister i suppose i only can repeat what Andy and others always recommend. Contact Vadim at the Liga Consultation. from what i have read here, he seems to know God and the world and a few more people. therefore for sure he will be able to answer all your questions as well.
- we - do not know where your relatives live, which country they will come from. and it seems for every country there are different requirements.
registration is the easiest way. special if - when you own your own place. all can be done via the post office. go FIRST alone, find out what documents you need,fotos and what not. you have 7 WORKING days to do that.
good luck and lets hope all works out well.
Thanks, Ben, but I have no idea how to find this guy. Is there a link, or contacts posted somewhere?

Judge
13-04-2017, 20:43
Ask for Vadim,

http://www.rusvisa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=18&Itemid=26
I guess your family are American citizens, so they will get the 3 year tourist visa.
I've used Liga for family invites before, all done smoothly..

Registration can be done at your own place either at your local " my document" or at local post office, or you could ask Vadim to sort that out for you too.
You don't need to visit Liga's office, all can be done online, they will walk you through it.

Benedikt
13-04-2017, 20:55
Thanks, Ben, but I have no idea how to find this guy. Is there a link, or contacts posted somewhere?

Rus, as you can see, Judge had all the answers for you already ( while i was still digging o nthe site to find Vadim...). at the top in that thick orange line, there is also the -rus- button. if it might make it easier....

Uncle Wally
13-04-2017, 23:59
Ask for Vadim,

http://www.rusvisa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=18&Itemid=26
I guess your family are American citizens, so they will get the 3 year tourist visa.
I've used Liga for family invites before, all done smoothly..

Registration can be done at your own place either at your local " my document" or at local post office, or you could ask Vadim to sort that out for you too.
You don't need to visit Liga's office, all can be done online, they will walk you through it.

I would just like to report that in "My Document" you will find soft white toilet paper. I was in one today, not that I needed documents, it was more the toilet and my wife was so kind to direct me. Better than McDonald's! 3 stars out of 5!

Tiancai
14-04-2017, 11:05
While I'm used to seeing Russians engage in the strange and irrational behavior of paying third-party agencies to do such simple things as visas or even purchasing plane tickets, it's surprising to see foreigners suggesting to do the same. You can do the invitation yourself (if you have a Russian passport or PRP) at any notary (if inviting U.S. citizens) or at the local "Multifunctional center" (for inviting citizens of other countries), it's very simple and straightforward.

Judge
15-04-2017, 20:34
While I'm used to seeing Russians engage in the strange and irrational behavior of paying third-party agencies to do such simple things as visas or even purchasing plane tickets, it's surprising to see foreigners suggesting to do the same. You can do the invitation yourself (if you have a Russian passport or PRP) at any notary (if inviting U.S. citizens) or at the local "Multifunctional center" (for inviting citizens of other countries), it's very simple and straightforward.

Why, it makes life a lot easier,pay a few 1000's ru, no running around ,all is sorted.
I'd say,foreigners use third-party agencies more than Russians,if we are speaking about visa stuff, Of course Russians don't need help with visas to visit Russia, but their spouses do..

Judge
15-04-2017, 20:37
I would just like to report that in "My Document" you will find soft white toilet paper. I was in one today, not that I needed documents, it was more the toilet and my wife was so kind to direct me. Better than McDonald's! 3 stars out of 5!

I can also confirm, the soft paper, I didn't expect anything less, after spending much money doing up the places and new uniforms, thankfully they didn't go cheap on the bog roll, bless them..
It's these minor details that make a difference...like , having a photocopy machine on site...

Tiancai
15-04-2017, 22:42
Why, it makes life a lot easier,pay a few 1000's ru, no running around ,all is sorted.
I'd say,foreigners use third-party agencies more than Russians,if we are speaking about visa stuff, Of course Russians don't need help with visas to visit Russia, but their spouses do..

Usually, a lot of the formalities are simple enough to be done on one's own, it just takes one time to figure out how to do it yourself, and you'll be able to do it again and again, otherwise you'll be stuck "paying a few 1000's ru" every time. Russians use agencies to apply for foreign visas all the time, and while it makes sense if one lives in some Siberian town that's 1000's of kilometers from the nearest consulate (so the trip to submit the documents personally would cost more than the agents' commission, anyway), it amazes me that Moscow residents do this all the time, considering that you basically have to gather the same paperwork, only you take it to an agent instead of an embassy and pay 2-3 times the price of the visa fee.

natlee
15-04-2017, 23:06
Tiancai, I understand what you're saying, but many are freaked out by the prospect of having to deal with piles of paperwork without proper guidance and are quite happy to pay up for their peace of mind. One of many issues can be having to fill out an application in a language one doesn't speak - say, the application for any type of a UK visa must be filled out in English, and one's English must be pretty damn good (in fact, there's a question or two on there neither my English bf nor myself have been able to understand! :nut: ); misunderstand a question and you risk getting a refusal. My mother, who doesn't speak any language other than Russian, but can afford to pay for such services is very happy to "be stuck paying a few 1000's". Besides the language factor though, there's the cultural factor in there for sure - we do enjoy an opportunity to save ourselves a trip, even if it's just one (trip) out of three.

Tiancai
17-04-2017, 10:25
Tiancai, I understand what you're saying, but many are freaked out by the prospect of having to deal with piles of paperwork without proper guidance and are quite happy to pay up for their peace of mind. One of many issues can be having to fill out an application in a language one doesn't speak - say, the application for any type of a UK visa must be filled out in English, and one's English must be pretty damn good (in fact, there's a question or two on there neither my English bf nor myself have been able to understand! :nut: ); misunderstand a question and you risk getting a refusal. My mother, who doesn't speak any language other than Russian, but can afford to pay for such services is very happy to "be stuck paying a few 1000's". Besides the language factor though, there's the cultural factor in there for sure - we do enjoy an opportunity to save ourselves a trip, even if it's just one (trip) out of three.

That's the thing, most people are not confident enough to do these things themselves because they're afraid to screw up, and by paying someone else to do this they don't have to take responsibility if something goes wrong. I guess this must be a result of the "training" bureaucrats in Russia do to the populace, by making them rewrite all kinds of applications over and over because of little issues like a smudge here or there, or the format of some place names and stuff, many people feel discouraged to the extent that they go looking for third party agencies to fill out the application "properly" (no doubt the "overly picky" bureaucrat will get his share from his buddies there, too).