PDA

View Full Version : +3 stations in metro

FatAndy
16-03-2017, 20:58
Ramenki, Minskaya, Lomonosovsky prospekt. Yellow line.
http://wi-fi.ru/desktop/news/22/1607303

One more atrocity of the bloody rotten regime... ;)

Judge
16-03-2017, 21:07
Hard to keep up with all the newly opened stations.
Job well done.

Another massive job well done is what I saw today.
My prayers have finally been answered.
They have put two sets of traffic lights at the bottom of nikitsky boulevard, even with a 10 second green man for us pedestrians, no more dodging past cars..
Something so simple,makes a massive difference,in safety..

FatAndy
20-03-2017, 15:50
http://www.m24.ru/m/articles/133110 - atrocities of the bloody rotten regime to multiply...

61 km, 30 stations - one more ring (TPK) to add to brown/circle line and MCC.

Judge
21-03-2017, 12:20
Looking at the metro map, I see the new yellow line 8A will connect to the new MCC line and CSKA line which is being built, would be convenient if they connected the 8A line to let's say Luzhniki.

I wonder what ,if any , is the value of flats that now have better access to the metro...

AstarD
21-03-2017, 12:38
Transport is definitely getting better and better! Moscow is a good example for public transport. More big cities should take notice.

Judge
21-03-2017, 12:44
One way to keep on improving transport and infrastructure all over the country is to hold winter/summer Olympics, football tournaments and so on....:smile:
It's been awhile since Russia held the summer Olympics , maybe St Petes can try.....With Zenits new stadium almost ready, with close access to the West , it's ideal,just need to sort out the doping problems troubles...

AstarD
21-03-2017, 13:22
Ah, the tales the tourists will tell about the lovely mosquitoes in St. Pete in the summer.....

Judge
21-03-2017, 13:57
I'd say the mosquitoes will be the last thing on tourists minds,when they visit the culture capital of Europe,the window to the West, white nights and the Venice of North,I could go on and on....
The journalists covering the games will find something to whine about, like they did at the Sochi games..

Sorry for the mini hijack Mr Andy.:smile:

AstarD
21-03-2017, 14:34
Well, I don't think their Sochi whining was out of place. I was at the paralympic games and there was still a lot unfinished. The sink in the bathroom of the 4-star hotel where I was staying started just pouring water out of the bottom onto the floor as of the second morning. The taxi drivers took us to the staff entrance for the sledge hockey, even though the only entrance where anyone other that staff could enter was at the opposite end and we ended up missing the first time of the match because of that. And then there was the crazy run around to get fan passes there, because the office in Moscow messed up our ticket order. Even though we had received the credit card notification that the purchase had been made, they said it was a mistake and we'd have to buy tickets there. Everyone was very nice in Sochi, but the organization was on an Italian scale.

Judge
21-03-2017, 14:49
Since you don't have a history of posting fake news, I'll believe you:smile:
Not every country is going to have things running like a Swiss clock, with the games being so big as they are, a few hiccups are to be expected...
The football world cup is even bigger, expect the world media to have a field day, with past experience of the Sochi games, hopefully stuff life running water won't be a problem.

Back to transport, it's good they got the new metro line MCC up and running before the 2018 football finals, sort out any problems, same should be for hotels and stadiums..

Judge
21-03-2017, 15:43
Just noticed one of the new signs in the metro, should be "Northbound" but " Northboud".
After spending billions on remont of the metro, small errors shouldn't happen, which we know leads to ridicule, and then Russians go on the defensive..
If Russia can cut out these small flaws ( pay more attention to finer details) then they could have things running like the Swiss and no-one will take the piss:smile:

FatAndy
21-03-2017, 18:52
Sorry for the mini hijack Mr Andy.:smile:
Well, as military parasitologist, I only appreciate information on related matters ;)

Just noticed one of the new signs in the metro, should be "Northbound" but " Northboud".
...and you don't notice mistakes in Russian yet... :D

Uncle Wally
21-03-2017, 20:05
Since you don't have a history of posting fake news, I'll believe you:smile:
Not every country is going to have things running like a Swiss clock, with the games being so big as they are, a few hiccups are to be expected...
The football world cup is even bigger, expect the world media to have a field day, with past experience of the Sochi games, hopefully stuff life running water won't be a problem.

Back to transport, it's good they got the new metro line MCC up and running before the 2018 football finals, sort out any problems, same should be for hotels and stadiums..

Oh, give me a break! That's all she post. Like a hotel has never had a problem anywhere else in the world?

natlee
21-03-2017, 20:52
Oh, give me a break! That's all she post. Like a hotel has never had a problem anywhere else in the world? My hairbrush went missing in a London hotel just the other week!

Uncle Wally
21-03-2017, 21:32
My hairbrush went missing in a London hotel just the other week!

Well just have your man buy you a regular hairbrush and stop with diamond encrusted ones! Then maybe, just maybe you won't have to run to the drugstore looking all sexy in the morning. Nothing I hate more than a woman in a bathrobe running down to the shop to buy a hairbrush.

natlee
22-03-2017, 11:42
I like the country too much to risk being deported for being caught in public in my PJs and with wet messy hair! (=looking all sexy and hardly sane)

Speaking of progress in the transportation system - anyone ride a London bus lately? We were in for quite a surprise!

Judge
22-03-2017, 12:34
Speaking of progress in the transportation system - anyone ride a London bus lately? We were in for quite a surprise!

They were actually working, not on strike?:laughing:

natlee
22-03-2017, 19:19
They were actually working, not on strike?:laughing: We were only there for a couple days ;)