PDA

View Full Version : coming to Russia to preach

shurale
26-08-2016, 12:57
Now, I am interested in Westerners who come to Russia to preach.
and their children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4339EbVn8

shurale
26-08-2016, 12:59
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/11/01/mormon-missionaries-young-guard-kremlin-protest-moscow/1673775/

"The youth wing of the ruling United Russia party's held a protest on Thursday calling for a ban on Mormon missionaries in Russia, charging that they were potential American spies."

And Putin is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfIBAxIXP70

Russian Lad
26-08-2016, 13:39
Teachers, preachers. Is this all an assignment or an idle interest, comrade? Are you making up lists or just observing? There are also Western cooks and Western bums, don't forget those two important categories.

shurale
26-08-2016, 14:35
Teachers, preachers. Is this all an assignment or an idle interest, comrade? Are you making up lists or just observing? There are also Western cooks and Western bums, don't forget those two important categories.

More of the former than the latter. But it's not a marketing research...
Most people from the West I have known were or are language teachers. Also, many Westerners see it as a language net. Something you can always do if you fall on hard times.

I met some Mormons, they gave free English lessons. It was quite popular. Probably still is?
So, the difference between teachers and preachers is quite thin...

------------------
when i was in a small town in american province, i met there a quite big moslem community. that was in 90s. there were people from arabia, indonesia, and 1 caucasian american convert.
apparently number of moslems is growing in the usa. so, why do americans prefer to travel to russia instead of preaching at home?

FatAndy
27-08-2016, 12:16
Mormons are not welcomed here. ;)
And this is good and correct.

Russian Lad
27-08-2016, 15:54
Mormons are not welcomed here.

Just as English teachers it seems. Well, unless they openly admit they love Putin and adore the Russian Orthodox Church - Rusmeister-type teachers. It is a sign of weakness though, not a sign of strength. I cannot imagine Russian Orthodox Christians being prosecuted in the US under the claim they are potential Moscow spies. All this is a sign of deep desperation and weakness.

Uncle Wally
27-08-2016, 20:54
Just as English teachers it seems. Well, unless they openly admit they love Putin and adore the Russian Orthodox Church - Rusmeister-type teachers. It is a sign of weakness though, not a sign of strength. I cannot imagine Russian Orthodox Christians being prosecuted in the US under the claim they are potential Moscow spies. All this is a sign of deep desperation and weakness.

That's what they say buy they really want to take over and make you a non thinking government troll.

Russian Lad
27-08-2016, 21:45
That's what they say buy they really want to take over and make you a non thinking government troll.

Right.