PDA

View Full Version : Ukrainian language

Uncle Wally
23-08-2016, 19:53
http://m.sputniknews.com/europe/20160823/1044559730/ukrainian-language-instruction-problems-analysis.html

FatAndy
23-08-2016, 20:55
There is no unified Ukrainian language. In SE areas and whole Leftbank there is the mix of Ukrainian and Southern Russian (surzhik). In Galitsia they speak the mix of Polish and Ukrainian (galitsian surzhik). Even middle of Ukraine (Rightbank) has different regional accents and pronunciation.

External independent testing... by whom? Canado-Ukrs?

The circus has gone, clowns left...

Russian Lad
23-08-2016, 21:34
Oh, a link from Sputnik, a must read then.:))) Wonder what their audience is now, on this state propaganda search engine. Bet it is less than 100K people per month - a lot of the state money wasted on a useless search engine nobody wants to use (it has been what, like two years since the launch of this abomination?).

There is no unified Ukrainian language. In SE areas and whole Leftbank there is the mix of Ukrainian and Southern Russian (surzhik). In Galitsia they speak the mix of Polish and Ukrainian (galitsian surzhik). Even middle of Ukraine (Rightbank) has different regional accents and pronunciation.

External independent testing... by whom? Canado-Ukrs?

The circus has gone, clowns left...

Russian is also rather different, say, in Moscow and in Dagestan. Even in Moscow you say бордюр and we here in Spb say поребрик. And it seems to me that most Russians are half-literate/illiterate these days. For instance, yesterday I received the CV from a Russian-French translator, in her 3 lines letter she managed to make two mistakes, namely - агенство and извените - and this is from a Russian who has higher education and works as a translator. But you don't come to the same conclusions as above - why?:)

FatAndy
23-08-2016, 21:46
But you don't come to the same conclusions as above - why?:)
Because I don't read CVs of Rus-French translators, obviously. :)

Russian Lad
23-08-2016, 21:53
Because I don't read CVs of Rus-French translators, obviously.

Well, you can trust those who read them and inform you about this. Is there a unified English language, for instance? You are using inherently flawed terms. Blinded by hatred perhaps?:)

FatAndy
23-08-2016, 22:06
Well, you can trust those who read them and inform you about this.
:)

JPS
23-08-2016, 22:51
Is there a unified English language, for instance?

Yes, English UK or as it is also known, International English. Every other version is just an abomination :P

Russian Lad
24-08-2016, 00:54
Yes, English UK or as it is also known, International English. Every other version is just an abomination :P

It is nothing but your personal opinion. Is there an internationally recognized law supporting this claim? Me personally, I prefer the US version, when British men speak they sound like gays to my Russian ear, with all those aspirations and so forth (sorry, but it is true). However, I do realize it is just my personal taste and tastes differ. If we take the numbers, there are way more Americans in this world than the Brits. And, on the whole, American English is way more widely spread globally. But again, there is no international law stating the American English (say, spoken in Washington) should be the unified standard or something. :nerd::smile::party:
But Andy's claim was not so much about a standard than about vast differences in the Ukrainian language (and maybe dialects) - I would suggest he takes a look at English and compares, say, English in Ireland and English in Alabama. Despite the differences, life still goes on. Ukraine would have made a very smart move if they made Russian the second state language though. The events since 2014 have clearly shown it is not a language issue at all. In DNR and LNR we had two groups of Russian speakers killing each other, for the most part. And the language had nothing to do with it, despite the propaganda. And I would like to say to those Russians who believe Ukraine is a part of the Russian empire - if it is true then the civil war is already raging in your own country. Now that you know it - live with it.

shurale
25-08-2016, 20:14
Russian Lad, you don't like gay people? i thought as a true democrat you will like them.

natlee
25-08-2016, 20:39
Even in Moscow you say бордюр and we here in Spb say поребрик. :nut:

Life will never be the same!

Uncle Wally
25-08-2016, 20:53

In your dreams. It was America that spread the evil language.

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 21:22
Russian Lad, you don't like gay people? i thought as a true democrat you will like them.

Well, I tolerate them, just as the Brits. Tolerance is a part of the liberal democratic tradition, something kvas patriots are not so happy about.

Only after you watch this video, sister. That's how the "civil war" started in Ukraine. Listen to the conversation, you will hear this word that has changed your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG8VLYgEa5c

shurale
25-08-2016, 22:22
Well, I tolerate them, just as the Brits. Tolerance is a part of the liberal democratic tradition, something kvas patriots are not so happy about.

and what is tolerance? In a night tram I have to tolerate drunken hobos who piss in their pants. Do you tolerate gays and Brits in the same way?

Uncle Wally
25-08-2016, 22:55
and what is tolerance? In a night tram I have to tolerate drunken hobos who piss in their pants. Do you tolerate gays and Brits in the same way?

In the tram? Come to me on new year or my friends birthday and you can have the same up close a personal.

A drama queen will make drama out of the smallest things crying and whining until you give them something.

Russian Lad
25-08-2016, 23:46
In a night tram I have to tolerate drunken hobos who piss in their pants. Do you tolerate gays and Brits in the same way?

Comparing the British accent to drunken hobos who piss in their pants is a slight exaggeration, no? But ok, if you insist. I do tolerate hobos though (sometimes they do pee in their pants). I know some in my ghetto, they know me and we say hello to each other. I find it normal. Never hurts to be polite. To Brits, gays, hobos, etc. Tolerance has its limits, of course, such limits are usually set by laws. Which are usually respected and observed in democratic countries, as opposed to Nigeria, Russia, Somalia and similar sovereign entities.

Uncle Wally
26-08-2016, 00:35
Comparing the British accent to drunken hobos who piss in their pants is a slight exaggeration, no? But ok, if you insist. I do tolerate hobos though (sometimes they do pee in their pants). I know some in my ghetto, they know me and we say hello to each other. I find it normal. Never hurts to be polite. To Brits, gays, hobos, etc. Tolerance has its limits, of course, such limits are usually set by laws. Which are usually respected and observed in democratic countries, as opposed to Nigeria, Russia, Somalia and similar sovereign entities.

You don't know what a "hobo" is. You confuse them with bums which is not the same thing and a totally different animal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWHh9W5IeBo

Watch and learn.

FatAndy
26-08-2016, 00:42
:nut:

Шаурма - шаверма
Подъезд - парадное
Курица - кура
Гречка - греча
Батон - булка
што - чьто