PDA

View Full Version : August 18, where were you?

Benedikt
18-08-2016, 00:54
https://themoscowtimes.com/static/uploads/publications/2016/8/17/184c504a975d4524b469be251e1806d6.pdf

download, it is for free.than go to page 6 and start reading.
I was new in Russia, working on the Alexander Blok, more or less in sight for the snipers .... on the top deck we had a TV crew. and the Captain wanted to take his ship down the river and out of danger. but we stayed. and made sandwiches and tea, to be sent across the street.... we were told ( the foreigners who at that time still stayed on the ship) not to leave and go to the White House. the watch of the ship was ordered not to let us go ashore. though we also did not press the issue. what WOULD he do, or the Captain, if we wanted to get off. Interesting times they were indeed.

Benedikt
19-08-2016, 03:36
[QUOTE=Russian Lad;1452029]A pogrom is in the pipeline?:) What do you plan to do here, well, except for ruining my apartment with sticks in a drunk frenzy, that is?:tongue: Any favorite hotspots/sleazy watering holes in the town? Or you will be here on business as a titushka? Have you joined NOD yet? Like in here (action begins from 0.40):

i think we should leave it here and stop. you two are getting carried away with your personal likes and dislikes.
my question was about somethign else.
maybe not many people were here in Moscow on the 18the August. for me it was somethign i will remember for the rest of my live. not that a Putsch or shooting was something unusual for me. i was in Beijing during the Tian An Men situation. In Tbilisi we still had a curfew and nightly shootings when i was there. or even at/in the hotel. with Kalas. And everyone just hit the floor. Including the IMF people who we were sitting with at that time. and there were a few other places as well...

if nothing better or no other answers are coming forward admin please close the post. If Wally and RL want to have their usual go at each other, they can open their own posts and not hi jack others.

Russian Lad
19-08-2016, 04:21
you two are getting carried away with your personal likes and dislikes.

Where did you notice dislikes?

if nothing better or no other answers are coming forward admin please close the post. If Wally and RL want to have their usual go at each other, they can open their own posts and not hi jack others.

No need to get jumpy for no reason at all, Ben. Answering to your question - I was watching it on tv hoping it would not end in a bloodbath. Those who were taking decisions had enough brains not to open fire. We live in a completely different world now. In a way, more sinister and dangerous one, because the democratic victory was stolen later (I would say it was viciously raped, if it was a woman) and because most of the Russians seem to have been turned into thought-free, empty and obedient sheep. So, another round. Let it be. Wonder if you have read the geopolitical forecast by Stratfor for 2015-2025. Most likely not.:) The good news for you is cooks are needed in all times. But I am afraid that's the only good news I have for you, Benedikt.

Judge
19-08-2016, 08:25
Some posts moved ,
http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?672400-This-nasty-Wally

Judge
19-08-2016, 09:56
91 that's going back, I was was busy getting into rave music to bother much about world affairs , Prodigy's Charley came out that summer, and funny enough the first time I saw Prodigy live was here in Moscow a few years ago.