PDA

View Full Version : The Russian Card

Judge
24-05-2016, 08:08
What caught my eye in this article is the trend that seems to be popular these days,play the Russian card, blame Russia for all your woes.

Lithuania's rising food prices spark 'cauliflower revolution'

http://gu.com/p/4jdfh?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_ColorNote

The chain’s PR department even suggested that Moscow might have instigated the protests, adding that organisers had been listed by Lithuanian security service as posing a threat to the country. The company’s management, however, quickly backtracked on the claims.

The same for the up coming Brexit referendum, the Russia card is being played, about how Putin,the Kremlin would like to see the UK out of the EU.

Here's a recent one, there are many more and expect more to come leading up to the vote,

For Russia, Brexit would be an opportunity not a tragedy

http://gu.com/p/4jbkd?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_ColorNote

Even Garry had a say,

Why Brexit would be the perfect gift for Vladimir Putin

http://gu.com/p/4j5qz?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_ColorNote

Benedikt
24-05-2016, 08:46
[QUOTE=Judge;1447360]What caught my eye in this article is the trend that seems to be popular these days,play the Russian card, blame Russia for all your woes.
the smear Journalists and scribblers think, ANYTHING goes and will bring ratings and increased sales and clicks and likes. as long as the even most shitty and crap article contains the name Putin and Russia. most of this crap is not even worth the paper it is being printed on....

FatAndy
24-05-2016, 09:12
«Reputable independent Western media» ® never lie.

За окошком дождь и град - это Путин виноват!
Кошка бросила котят - это Путин виноват,
Зайку бросила хозяйка - кто виновен, угадай-ка!
Вот кончается доска у несчастного бычка,
Наша Таня громко плачет - рядом Путин, не иначе!

Свет погас, упал забор, у авто заглох мотор,
Зуб здоровый удалили иль залез в квартиру вор,
Не понравилось кино, наступили вы в говно -
У любого катаклизма объяснение одно…
Знает каждый демократ - это Путин виноват!

Judge
24-05-2016, 09:32
Then there is this one,

Russia under suspicion after sabotage of Swedish telecom mast

http://gu.com/p/4jbj9?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_ColorNote

There could be some truth in this, with the Swedes moving closer to NATO, a vote maybe, but this could have been done to try sway the vote in favour of moving closer to NATO ,like we are seeing with the Brexit articles, scaremongering to vote to stay in.

FatAndy
24-05-2016, 09:55
So called "Crimean Tatar activists" and other banderlogs like to exploid vertical objects (power masts, monuments etc) ;)

Uncle Wally
24-05-2016, 12:50
[QUOTE=Judge;1447360]What caught my eye in this article is the trend that seems to be popular these days,play the Russian card, blame Russia for all your woes.
the smear Journalists and scribblers think, ANYTHING goes and will bring ratings and increased sales and clicks and likes. as long as the even most shitty and crap article contains the name Putin and Russia. most of this crap is not even worth the paper it is being printed on....

They are actually paid to write these kinds of things or are just hand an already written article and paid to put their name on it.

Judge
24-05-2016, 17:36
Here's today's Russian card regarding Brexit..
He might as well say there will be one big street party. .

Leaving the EU would be an “extraordinarily irresponsible thing to do at a very dangerous moment”, Michael Fallon, the defence secretary, has told MPs – adding that it would be “absolutely applauded in Moscow”.

Brexit would absolutely be applauded in Russia, says defence secretary

http://gu.com/p/4jghv?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Messages

They are actually paid to write these kinds of things or are just hand an already written article and paid to put their name on it.

It's not only about being paid, see my last post, the defence secretary doing his best at scaremongering the British voters...Of course he's doing what he's told. .

Uncle Wally
24-05-2016, 17:55
Here's today's Russian card regarding Brexit..
He might as well say there will be one big street party. .

Brexit would absolutely be applauded in Russia, says defence secretary

http://gu.com/p/4jghv?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Messages

It's not only about being paid, see my last post, the defence secretary doing his best at scaremongering the British voters...Of course he's doing what he's told. .

I was talking about western journalist but it's well understood that he works for banks. But why would he care because the UK will still be in NATO?

Judge
24-05-2016, 18:02
I was talking about western journalist but it's well understood that he works for banks. But why would he care because the UK will still be in NATO?

Exactly, still in nato trying to make out that Russia is still a threat to the UK,and what he said about Britain in the lead about EU sanctions is nonsense, we know it was pressure from America why some EU countries reluctantly agreed with the sanctions .
The stay in the EU campaign are using Russia to fight their corner,they are getting desperate. ..

Uncle Wally
24-05-2016, 18:09
Exactly, still in nato trying to make out that Russia is still a threat to the UK,and what he said about Britain in the lead about EU sanctions is nonsense, we know it was pressure from America why some EU countries reluctantly agreed with the sanctions .
The stay in the EU campaign are using Russia to fight their corner,they are getting desperate. ..

That's just because he is trying to help the military industrial complex make money. If he didn't they would publish photos of him having sex with underage boys. The ones they supplied him with.

Russian Lad
24-05-2016, 23:13
За окошком дождь и град - это Путин виноват!
Кошка бросила котят - это Путин виноват,
Зайку бросила хозяйка - кто виновен, угадай-ка!
Вот кончается доска у несчастного бычка,
Наша Таня громко плачет - рядом Путин, не иначе!

I have a song for you and other kvas-leaning comrades here.:) Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynDrUzB6Nk

Benedikt
25-05-2016, 07:23
They are actually paid to write these kinds of things or are just hand an already written article and paid to put their name on it.[/QUOTE]

there is no independent press anyway. newspapers are asking for subsidies or discounts,government paid for,or preferable treatment. for news print. they give discount on articles or articles that are written on party lines. discounts, that others don-t get, for whole pages of party advertising. or get advertising that others not get, despite the fact that they might be cheaper. all that happen in my oh so democratic little Austria....

annasophia
25-05-2016, 14:30
like we are seeing with the Brexit articles, scaremongering to vote to stay in.

But this has been very effective all over Europe.

The Scots voted against their own independence. That was staggering.
Based on the propaganda that the government checks would stop.

And the Greeks. They supported staying in the Euro at all costs with various government check cashers- pensioners, state employees - supporting the sinking status quo rather than risk their Euro based government paychecks.

And what about the Swiss in late 2014, voting against going on a 20% gold reserve currency due to all the media/banker propaganda of employment apocalypse?

The overwhelming chorus of the corporate owned mainstream media may be dead wrong and a complete mis-messaging, but it is a very hard thing to overcome.

I think ultimately Brexit will be downvoted. It may be a tight squeeze, but I think it will lose like all the rest of the sensible proposals to fkuc the bankers and the central governments who write the checks.

Judge
25-05-2016, 14:43
Even Cameron mentioned Putin, along with ISIS about who might be happy with a Brexit,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-david-cameron-isis-putin-brexit-a7033741.html

There's going to be a lot of nervy people leading up to the vote, For now I think it's too close to call,but an exit will be interesting to watch, the world media would go into a meltdown,for some it will be hit the panic button. ..

Like you posted Anna, the scaremongering seems to have worked with the other country's votes.
From the British who I've spoken with these past few weeks , not once did they mention Putin, Russia when it came to Brexit talk, and most of them will be voting to leave.

Uncle Wally
26-05-2016, 18:45
Euronews got caught falsifying facts while slandering Russia.

Judge
03-06-2016, 09:15
It's time for Hillary to use The Russian Card,

He praises dictators like Vladimir Putin and picks fights with our friends, including the British Prime Minister, the Mayor of London, the German Chancellor, the President of Mexico and the Pope,” Clinton said. “He says he has foreign policy experience because he ran the Miss Universe pageant in Russia.” Clinton seems to have learned what Trump’s GOP rivals did not: that to beat Trump, you have to play by his rules, and that means belittling opponents.

http://time.com/4355791/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-temperament/

Judge
07-06-2016, 12:17
Well worth reading the whole article, Russia so far has said nothing, but others have tried to drag Russia into it...Strange that they don't know that Russia doesn't really comment on other countries internal affairs, be it politics, holding Sports events or referendums.

EU referendum:
Would Brexit make Putin happy?

That has not prevented Russia from being sucked into the Brexit debate. Prime Minister David Cameron said recently that Mr Putin "might be happy" if Britain left the EU.

UK Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond was even more direct. "The only country, if the truth is told, that would like us to leave the EU is Russia," he said. "And that should probably tell us all that we need to know."

Assertions like that leave Russian officials rolling their eyes.

"Russia is blamed for everything," Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova told me. "Not only in the UK but all over the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36461020