PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought a property in Crimea ?

vossy7
23-04-2016, 17:49
An Irish friend has ' surprise , surprise' fallen head over heels.....actually more like 'arse over tit' for a Russian lady ,? , and he is seeking to buy an apartment for them to live in Krim .......is this folly or is it a good investment......the property not the woman!:confused:

TolkoRaz
23-04-2016, 18:19
LOL! Of course she is a good investment! ;)

As for property, it would depend on location, as is ever the case. It is a beautiful part of the Globe, but of course, it is not without its problems at the moment! Prices for everyday essentials are high, but property good be a good investment in the long run especially if he is investing in family life, and not just in a view of the Black Sea.

vossy7
23-04-2016, 19:07
LOL! Of course she is a good investment! ;)

As for property, it would depend on location, as is ever the case. It is a beautiful part of the Globe, but of course, it is not without its problems at the moment! Prices for everyday essentials are high, but property good be a good investment in the long run especially if he is investing in family life, and not just in a view of the Black Sea.

Cheers TR .....do you have a pied–à–terre there for your secretive dalliances with Nat and Jas :winking:

TolkoRaz
23-04-2016, 19:45
No, I do not have a single man's nest there! When last there, I stayed in a hotel!

vossy7
23-04-2016, 19:53
No, I do not have a single man's nest there! When last there, I stayed in a hotel!

Oops , that was a very un TR response , have I hit a nerve mate?:winking:

TolkoRaz
23-04-2016, 20:12

No, not at all - Am currently in Dubai on work, am maxed out and was jumping between work mails and here, so apologies for the rather brief response!

No pied–à–terre there, but plenty of room here! It takes me 5 minutes to empty my bed of 26 pillows - never seen such a large empty bed! :D

vossy7
23-04-2016, 22:20
No, not at all - Am currently in Dubai on work, am maxed out and was jumping between work mails and here, so apologies for the rather brief response!

No pied–à–terre there, but plenty of room here! It takes me 5 minutes to empty my bed of 26 pillows - never seen such a large empty bed! :D

Yeah, I fecking hate those pillows and the tucked in bed....why in god's name do they continue to do it......I have given feedback to all the top hotels I have ever stayed in .....'leave my fecking bed alone' :not-talking:

Uncle Wally
23-04-2016, 22:43

Yeah I was thinking the same thing cuz the last time he was there I am sure Natlee was with him. I remember the last time they both disappeared. Then all sudden both show up around the same time. Don't trust TR! He's a hunter a stalker a spy! As soon as you start to feel safe around him, 9 months later your wife/girlfriend has a kid and he/she looks just like TR! I don't know, I respect the guy but I wouldn't leave him alone with my love! He obviously has natlee all mixed up by wizzing her around the world and keeping her off balance. Why else would she not be here to be sexually harassed by an old formally drug addicted drummer? It's just beyond me how any woman wouldn't just love that! Oh that poor girl! When she could be hanging out with me. She must be a very mixed up girl. A shame really.

Uncle Wally
23-04-2016, 22:47

Well maybe you could just bring one girl back and only half the time to get rid of 13 pillows? Takes half the time but may not be twice the fun. Time is money but money can't always buy you time, it can buy you a good time but you'll have to pay for that in time.

Note to self: Don't try to post on expat.ru when drunk as you are, you will make little sense and may even enlighten yourself on the paradox of life. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't but doublely ****ed if your drunk. I blame it all on fine women and cheap vodka or cheap women and we'll, cheap vodka. How do you expect a guy to concentrate?

TolkoRaz
24-04-2016, 06:34
Yeah I was thinking the same thing cuz the last time he was there I am sure Natlee was with him. I remember the last time they both disappeared. Then all sudden both show up around the same time. Don't trust TR! He's a hunter a stalker a spy! As soon as you start to feel safe around him, 9 months later your wife/girlfriend has a kid and he/she looks just like TR! I don't know, I respect the guy but I wouldn't leave him alone with my love!

It's all in the eyes!

Eyes can be so disarming!

Alan65
24-04-2016, 07:10
An Irish friend has ' surprise , surprise' fallen head over heels.....actually more like 'arse over tit' for a Russian lady ,? , and he is seeking to buy an apartment for them to live in Krim .......is this folly or is it a good investment......the property not the woman!:confused:

Hello Vossy, I think that your friend should take North Cyprus as an example, after 10 years someone may come along with a piece of paper that claims that they own the property, I am sure that this has happened to many Brits who bought there.

Judge
24-04-2016, 07:17
"Good investment", also mean a safe investment too,
Of course depending on location there, if it's around the popular areas the price will rise and keep on rising, with the new transport bridge being built, electricity from the mainland and stability all looks promising ,but,
If the day comes that a friendly Western orientated leader ever takes control of the Russia, your friend might find himself living in the Ukraine.
Saying all that, which does matter but isn't the main factor for it being a good/safe investment, the main thing for this being a sound investment, will he be the owner? if not then yes it's "folly".

If he will be the owner, then only in the eyes of the Russian courts this is respected ,if all goes tits up in the relationship ,he won't have much help from any western lawyers. ..
Will he live there with her? if they have just recently met and plan on living in Krim together, best thing is to rent a place for 6-12 months and see how things work out, if all is sound and they see they have a future then maybe buy, but of course in this time, property is rising, always best to get in early, by waiting the extra few 1000 rubles spent on rent might save him the millions of rubles he might lose if he rushes into this..

vossy7
24-04-2016, 14:36
Hello Vossy, I think that your friend should take North Cyprus as an example, after 10 years someone may come along with a piece of paper that claims that they own the property, I am sure that this has happened to many Brits who bought there.

Interesting Alan, we were within a gnat's cock of buying a property on TRNC but as fate would have it I ate some locally grown nuts and suffered an anaphylactic attack and was close to death , I believe I posted about this a few years ago, we are so glad we did not dive in ...so to speak :smile:

TolkoRaz
24-04-2016, 18:35
I wonder if Turkish controlled Northern Cyprus will ever become an Islamic State?

vossy7
24-04-2016, 21:49
I wonder if Turkish controlled Northern Cyprus will ever become an Islamic State?

Gnat's cock springs to mind mate!

Uncle Wally
24-04-2016, 22:36

Isn't that where IS air force fly's out of? Sorry I mean the British air force.

TolkoRaz
25-04-2016, 06:32
Isn't that where IS air force fly's out of? Sorry I mean the British air force.

I think the British have bases in the southern part controlled by the Greeks......

FatAndy
25-04-2016, 20:48
I think the British have bases in the southern part controlled by the Greeks......
But none of them has The Darkest One:

Uncle Wally
25-04-2016, 22:47

Yes you are correct. I remember now the stink they made when Russia wanted to set up a naval air base next door