PDA

View Full Version : Any chance someone can tell us where TR is ....never met the man but I am really concerned!

vossy7
31-01-2016, 00:00
TR , I believe even Russian Lad would like to know how you are doing ....so Nat , Ben ,Andy and J would like to know how you are:smile:

Uncle Wally
31-01-2016, 05:41
TR , I believe even Russian Lad would like to know how you are doing ....so Nat , Ben ,Andy and J would like to know how you are:smile:

Yeah me too.

annasophia
31-01-2016, 12:10
Probably in Africa somewhere watching cat videos on his laptop.

Benedikt
31-01-2016, 15:30
Probably in Africa somewhere watching cat videos on his laptop.

in all seriousness now, hopefully nothing has happened to him. because he is in and out and around places we would never dream of being there....

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 15:59
vossy7 et al,

Apologies for being absent, but as anticipated the start to my year has been extremely busy as I am sure you have seen on the media - I have been in and out of a few places on work, some reasonably pleasant, some far from pleasant! ;)

I return to the sandpit early next week, but will log in when I can.....

Keep safe One & All :)

BTW, it is note and of great historical importance that the US of A heralded their first Black President approx 8 years ago, it now seems that against all wisdom they may have to welcome their first Orange President ;)

FatAndy
31-01-2016, 16:11
Tolik, welcome back! :beerbros:
Hope your health is more or less ok after those... hmmm... troubles.

Does orange president assume orange revolution? :D

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 16:15
Does orange president assume orange revolution? :D

LOL! :D Quite possibly! ;)

Alan65
31-01-2016, 17:32

Gaydar alert :girl:

natlee
31-01-2016, 18:46
vossy7 et al,

Apologies for being absent, but as anticipated the start to my year has been extremely busy as I am sure you have seen on the media - I have been in and out of a few places on work, some reasonably pleasant, some far from pleasant! ;)\ And there I was thinking you were taking a well deserved break from Fantastika's posts as do most of us every once in a while! ;)

vossy7
31-01-2016, 19:37
vossy7 et al,

Apologies for being absent, but as anticipated the start to my year has been extremely busy as I am sure you have seen on the media - I have been in and out of a few places on work, some reasonably pleasant, some far from pleasant! ;)

I return to the sandpit early next week, but will log in when I can.....

Keep safe One & All :)

BTW, it is note and of great historical importance that the US of A heralded their first Black President approx 8 years ago, it now seems that against all wisdom they may have to welcome their first Orange President ;)

Hello me old mate , you have just made my day ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4lUPvik-uU

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 19:56
And there I was thinking you were taking a well deserved break from Fantastika's posts as do most of us every once in a while! ;)

LOL! :D Without specifically naming any posters by name, admittedly it has been most refreshing not reading so much 'doom & gloom', Russia bashing and frothy rants. There is definitely too much 'doom & gloom on the Globe at the moment; I am not sure we need to read so much about here! But, each to his or her own :10310:

Positivity is far healthier for all of us - You never know, the Ruble might even strengthen! ;)

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 20:02
Thanks Vossy7 - Dia Duit!

BTW, Having noted 'Slainte Chugat' from your video, do you think that the English slang 'Chugging' I learnt in a UK public house is derived from 'Chugat'? ;)

I trust that your lovely ladies are in good fettle and that your Babushka is still carefully & expertly tending to your garden estate? It will soon be time for her to paint all that woodwork! ;)

natlee
31-01-2016, 20:18
Positivity is far healthier for all of us - You never know, the Ruble might even strengthen! ;) :D

Uncle Wally
31-01-2016, 20:36
And there I was thinking you were taking a well deserved break from Fantastika's posts as do most of us every once in a while! ;)

Oh it's so funny you two show up at the same time! You two are not fooling anyone! How was the weather in Cuba?

Russian Lad
31-01-2016, 20:37
Positivity is far healthier for all of us - You never know, the Ruble might even strengthen!

Welcome back.:) Doom&gloom observations not necessarily stop one from building one's private paradise and/or even cashing in on doom&gloom (you, of all people here, know more than all of us combined about that, I assume, so no need to be shy).

Uncle Wally
31-01-2016, 21:03
Welcome back.:) Doom&gloom observations not necessarily stop one from building one's private paradise and/or even cashing in on doom&gloom (you, of all people here, know more than all of us combined about that, I assume, so no need to be shy).

Oh I really wish I could tell you how I feel about this post. Why don't you take a break and let your elderly mother make you something to eat. Then you can have some tea and go to bed.

Russian Lad
31-01-2016, 22:10
Oh I really wish I could tell you how I feel about this post. Why don't you take a break and let your elderly mother make you something to eat. Then you can have some tea and go to bed.

I have already dined in a nice restaurant full of laughing euro-holders just like me, but I can indeed do with a cup of tea. However, leave my mother alone. How is your squatting doing? Nice and cozy down there?

vossy7
31-01-2016, 22:16

BTW, Having noted 'Slainte Chugat' from your video, do you think that the English slang 'Chugging' I learnt in a UK public house is derived from 'Chugat'? ;)

I trust that your lovely ladies are in good fettle and that your Babushka is still carefully & expertly tending to your garden estate? It will soon be time for her to paint all that woodwork! ;)

Nah TR , the only thing the Brits have learned from us Paddies is how to make a woman happy :tongue:

natlee
31-01-2016, 22:24
Nah TR , the only thing the Brits have learned from us Paddies is how to make a woman happy :tongue: Not ALL of them! :evilgrin:

Alan65
31-01-2016, 22:26

Chugging = Charity Mugging
Chugger = Charity Mugger

The term given to people that work fork charities on a commission basis and aggressively stop people on the street.

Alan65
31-01-2016, 22:35
Nah TR , the only thing the Brits have learned from us Paddies is how to make a woman happy :tongue:

And make an Irish mix grill, boiled potatoes, mash potatoes, roast potatoes, and chips.

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 22:46

RL, I am not shy about living in my mini-paradise which has benefited from the doom & gloom. Allow me to explain, like many others with my previously earned skills working for Governments / Military, I earn my money by seeking to successfully protect People & High Value Assets in High Risk countries, or areas within countries, from direct or indirect threats ranged against them; these could include from extremism, civil unrest, local or regional conflict, Kidnap, Serious & Organised Crime, Assassination etc.

My task is to effectively produce and manage mitigation strategies to counter the threat(s). For instance, in a North African country approximately 3 years, I deployed to protect a high occupancy building surrounded by very angry, well armed demonstrators - Suffice to say, after very quickly devising mitigation measures and implementing them over a period of 3 days & nights of being under almost relentless attack, I successfully managed to lead just under 200 people alive from the building to a place of safety / secure assembly area.

So, yes I do benefit from the 'doom & gloom', but my main task is to extract people from the 'doom & gloom', or allow those to safely operate within the 'doom & gloom'.

Somebody recently asked me how many people I have killed. To me that is irrelevant, those whom have died, deserved to die and were all legal deaths. It is better to ask, how many are alive today - that number is well into many 100s across many countries and religions - Now, most importantly, I am sure that those who actually knew that they were under threat and are alive today are far from 'gloomy'! That is the most satisfying part of my job apart from returning after each deployment ;)

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 22:49
To lighten the mood, a joke.............

An Australian tour guide was showing a group of American tourists the Top End.

On their way to Kakadu he was describing the amazing abilities of the Australian Aborigines to track man or beast over land, through the air and under the sea.
The Americans were incredulous.

Later in the day, as the group rounded a bend on the highway they discovered, lying in the middle of the road, an Aborigine...
He had one ear pressed to the white line, whilst his left leg was held high in the air!

The bus stopped and the guide and the tourists gathered around the prostrate Aborigine...

"Hey Jacky," said the tour guide, "what are you tracking and what are you listening for?"

The aborigine replied,

"Down the road about 25 miles is a 1971 Valiant Ute... It's a red one… the left front tyre is bald...
The front end is out of whack, and him got bloody dents in every panel...
There are 9 black fellas in the back, all drinking warm sherry.
There are 3 kangaroos on the roof rack and 4 dogs on the front seat."

The American tourists moved forward, astounded by this precise and detailed knowledge.

"God Lord man, how do you know all that?," asked one.

The Aborigine replied:... ‘I fell out the ****en’ thing about half an hour ago!" :D

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 22:52
Chugging = Charity Mugging
Chugger = Charity Mugger

The term given to people that work fork charities on a commission basis and aggressively stop people on the street.

I was mistaught then! I had been told that 'chugging' was UK slang for vomiting!

Russian Lad
31-01-2016, 23:29
So, yes I do benefit from the 'doom & gloom', but my main task is to extract people from the 'doom & gloom', or allow those to safely operate within the 'doom & gloom'.

Sounds like a brief description of an international dating site targeting the former USSR countries.:)

TolkoRaz
31-01-2016, 23:32
Sounds like a brief description of an international dating site targeting the former USSR countries.:)

LOL! :D As long as you are not including our Baltic neighbours, then yes, I agree it does sound somewhat similar!

Alan65
01-02-2016, 00:08
I was mistaught then! I had been told that 'chugging' was UK slang for vomiting!

You may mean chunder...we will let our wordsmith Vossy be the judge

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chunder

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/11452129/Hate-chuggers-This-is-how-you-can-get-rid-of-them.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chugging

vossy7
01-02-2016, 11:17
Yes Alan.....all right plus some more http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chugging
maybe you were thinking of chundering TR http://ru.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chunder :silly: