PDA

View Full Version : Leaving After Duration fo Stay on Migration Card

esp803
24-12-2015, 08:37
Hello all,

I'm here in Russia on business and at the time I was unsure of how long I was going to be in the country, I wrote December 30 as the date, my trip is going to end on december 31st (I'll have been in the country for about 12 days). I've got a multiple entry business visa valid until December 2016, and for Crewmembers if that makes a difference. Am I going to get any grief when I get to the airport to fly back home on the 31st? Thanks for you help in advance!

Cheers,

E

Judge
24-12-2015, 08:47
Hi, as long as you have a valid visa all will be OK,it's a shame you aren't staying for the new years party.

esp803
24-12-2015, 08:51
Thanks for the prompt response, it had crossed my mind, but to be honest I'm running on fumes from this trip and just need to get home and reset. Although by the end my trip I will have traveled from Anadyr to St. Petersburg, and it's an absolutely stunning country. Next time I'll be sure to book a little extra "me time" here in Russia.

E

Tom2623
24-12-2015, 12:44
I can't answer your question, but please let us know after how it went. It will be very useful to know in case someone else has this problem!

FatAndy
24-12-2015, 20:09
Hello all,

I'm here in Russia on business and at the time I was unsure of how long I was going to be in the country, I wrote December 30 as the date, my trip is going to end on december 31st (I'll have been in the country for about 12 days). I've got a multiple entry business visa valid until December 2016, and for Crewmembers if that makes a difference. Am I going to get any grief when I get to the airport to fly back home on the 31st? Thanks for you help in advance!

Cheers,

E
You've got the answer already, and pls keep in mind the basic document is visa. Migration card is supplementary doc used just to register touristic and labour migration across the border. Just give it out on the departure passport control point.

inorcist
25-12-2015, 17:56
At most airports the migration card will be printed out for you and you don't have to worry about the exit date.

Whenever I have to fill in one of those cards, I leave the exit date field blank. No one ever asked any question.

vossy7
25-12-2015, 18:14
Calgary...well when I worked the great oilmen from Nizhnevartovsk many moons ago and we had to take them to a place where they would feel comfortable with their toys....it was always Calgary:big-grin: