PDA

View Full Version : name of Metro Voikovskaya to stay

Benedikt
23-11-2015, 16:39
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article.php?id=550482

i never knew who he was. and neither did many people i asked. definitely not the ones of younger age.
saves the Metro a bundle. no need to print new plans, new tags.
though i wonder how =fair= and =correct= this voting was? and HOW the votes were counted and who counted.
that still counts more than who voted....

FatAndy
23-11-2015, 18:43
I voted to save the name via mos.ru, "Active citizen" project. There are many other votings there, Voikovskaya naming is just one of.

rusmeister
23-11-2015, 21:55
Yep. Nothing like the names of forgotten murderous revolutionaries to inspire us!

The fact that they didn't really have the truth, and couldn't lead anybody to a bright future, let alone one of communism, is no doubt unimportant.

FatAndy
24-11-2015, 09:49
Yep. Nothing like the names of forgotten murderous revolutionaries to inspire us!

The fact that they didn't really have the truth, and couldn't lead anybody to a bright future, let alone one of communism, is no doubt unimportant.
Are you against democratic voting, comrade? ;)

rusmeister
24-11-2015, 12:17
Are you against democratic voting, comrade? ;)

Only when the democracy chooses evil over good, chooses fascism or stalinism, and honors their perpetrators.

FatAndy
24-11-2015, 13:33
Only when the democracy chooses evil over good, chooses fascism or stalinism, and honors their perpetrators.
In the case being discussed our managed democracy have chosen good over evil - saving memory and costs. Insha alla. :rasta:

Nobbynumbnuts
24-11-2015, 14:59
Very easy for foreigners to jump to conclusions through the outcome of this vote.
Changing the name of a metro station (and therefore an area to many people) will have sentimental, historical and practical consequences which far exceed the meaning of a name...

rusmeister
24-11-2015, 21:08
Very easy for foreigners to jump to conclusions through the outcome of this vote.
Changing the name of a metro station (and therefore an area to many people) will have sentimental, historical and practical consequences which far exceed the meaning of a name...

Hope you're not classifying me among foreigners who jump to conclusions...

rusmeister
24-11-2015, 21:09
In the case being discussed our managed democracy have chosen good over evil - saving memory and costs. Insha alla. :rasta:

Sorry, Andy,
I don't buy that the choice of keeping that name is good. The question is whether names matter, and I think they do.

FatAndy
24-11-2015, 21:42
Sorry, Andy,
I don't buy that the choice of keeping that name is good.
Comrade, you're living in the country of managed democracy and relative freedom - who can force you to buy? :)

The question is whether names matter, and I think they do.
Go and preach then. But think twice - maybe your efforts will be needed a bit later - when we'll restore Iron Felix ;)

rusmeister
25-11-2015, 07:17
Comrade, you're living in the country of managed democracy and relative freedom - who can force you to buy? :)

Go and preach then. But think twice - maybe your efforts will be needed a bit later - when we'll restore Iron Felix ;)

Andy, a special for you:
"The wisest thing in the world is to cry out before you are hurt. It is no good to cry out after you are hurt; especially after you are mortally hurt. People talk about the impatience of the populace; but sound historians know that most tyrannies have been possible because men moved too late. It is often essential to resist a tyranny before it exists. It is no answer to say, with a distant optimism, that the scheme is only in the air. A blow from a hatchet can only be parried while it is in the air."
GKC, "Eugenics and Other Evils"

FatAndy
25-11-2015, 10:18
Andy, a special for you:
"The wisest thing in the world is to cry out before you are hurt. It is no good to cry out after you are hurt; especially after you are mortally hurt. People talk about the impatience of the populace; but sound historians know that most tyrannies have been possible because men moved too late. It is often essential to resist a tyranny before it exists. It is no answer to say, with a distant optimism, that the scheme is only in the air. A blow from a hatchet can only be parried while it is in the air."
GKC, "Eugenics and Other Evils"
:agree: