PDA

View Full Version : A culinary question to gentlemen

shurale
06-11-2015, 15:38
Greetings,

say, your special one was away for a long time (a week or longer). You missed her, she is coming back and you want to treat her to something good.
what will you cook for her?
or will you take her to Benedikt's restaurant?

Benedikt
06-11-2015, 15:41
Greetings,

say, your special one was away for a long time (a week or longer). You missed her, she is coming back and you want to treat her to something good.

thank you for your confidence in my culinary endeavors. unfortunately i am out of town, teaching. will be back only at the end of November. at =my- restaurant. after that you are welcome and i will specially cook for both of you.

Uncle Wally
06-11-2015, 16:39
Greetings,

What does she like? Meat, fish...?

shurale
06-11-2015, 19:28
Duck.

Englishman In Moscow
06-11-2015, 20:30
Full British Sunday lunch kind of thing, the works with pud as well

shurale
06-11-2015, 20:50
Full British Sunday lunch kind of thing, the works with pud as well

and what does it make your women look like?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8302176/British-women-become-the-fattest-in-Europe.html

Englishman In Moscow
07-11-2015, 12:48
Well my woman, Russian, is still 50kg after 5 kids and sexy as hell.

vossy7
07-11-2015, 13:01
Well my woman, Russian, is still 50kg after 5 kids and sexy as hell.

My wife is 47kg and looks after 1 big kid....me! I know my wife's favorites for sure and if she goes to visit her mom she always comes back a couple of Ks over weight so on the night of her return it is usually a nice starter of crayfish cocktail with a small drop of Irish Whiskey in the sauce . The main would be a medium filet steak with a creamy mustard sauce with steamed carrots and broccoli with some slow roast potatoes done in duck fat. Desert would be home made melt in the middle chocolate souffles.
With a nice bottle Veuve , after that she is free to work off her extra Ks :heart:

TolkoRaz
07-11-2015, 13:29
vossy7, Do you catch your own Cray Fish? I have a Cray Fish trap which I frequently bait, but I also use a line with some bacon on it. Once they grap hold of it, I yank the line and they follow- they never let go once they think that they have their meal! ;)

vossy7
07-11-2015, 16:16
vossy7, Do you catch your own Cray Fish? I have a Cray Fish trap which I frequently bait, but I also use a line with some bacon on it. Once they grap hold of it, I yank the line and they follow- they never let go once they think that they have their meal! ;)

Nope TR never have , as we are surrounded by fishermen there are a couple of weathered old guys in the local village who go off somewhere to catch them when they are in season and everybody just shows up with a plastic container to buy some.

TolkoRaz
07-11-2015, 18:17
Believe it or not - Dog food, the canned variety, scooped into an old sock and then placed into the trap works wonders - I can catch over 20 per night in each trap! :)

PS. The sock has to be old! ;)

vossy7
08-11-2015, 00:21
Believe it or not - Dog food, the canned variety, scooped into an old sock and then placed into the trap works wonders - I can catch over 20 per night in each trap! :)

PS. The sock has to be old! ;)

OK TR....I am sure even the ladies would be attracted by your dog food filled socks .......where is your favorite place to catch your crayfish?

TolkoRaz
09-11-2015, 22:18
OK TR....I am sure even the ladies would be attracted by your dog food filled socks .......where is your favorite place to catch your crayfish?

Any shady place, close to the bank - preferably muddy and fairly still water.

Attached is a good night's fishing from a few years ago! :)

Uncle Wally
09-11-2015, 22:33
Any shady place, close to the bank - preferably muddy and fairly still water.

Attached is a good night's fishing from a few years ago! :)

When I was young we used to reach in and put them out of the water. There were so many of them.

TolkoRaz
09-11-2015, 22:45
Very tasty! :) Fortunately, I learnt from a very early age how to live off the land; I was taught to hunt & shoot when I was very young, so can survive any Sanctions! ;)

Uncle Wally
10-11-2015, 01:12
Very tasty! :) Fortunately, I learnt from a very early age how to live off the land; I was taught to hunt & shoot when I was very young, so can survive any Sanctions! ;)

From 10 years old I lived next to a state forest. I too learned something about living off the land. Tracking, hunting, what to eat and where to find it.

TolkoRaz
10-11-2015, 10:58
From 10 years old I lived next to a state forest. I too learned something about living off the land. Tracking, hunting, what to eat and where to find it.

Did you find and enjoy any Magic Mushrooms? ;)

Uncle Wally
10-11-2015, 11:09
Did you find and enjoy any Magic Mushrooms? ;)

We didn't have any, they were farther north. But I have tried them.