PDA

View Full Version : happy holiday all Austrians!

Benedikt
26-10-2015, 08:20
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/austria/national-day

on the 25th October 60 years ago, 10 years after the end of WWII the last foreign soldier left Austria. It was a train to the East, back to Russia....
On the 26 the October 1955, Austria declared everlasting neutrality and we were a free country again.
October is a little bit late to have the festivities out in any park, and the weather TODAY or YESTERDAY was more for mud wrestling than for BBQ. So we did it at the best hotel in town. the Radisson Ukraine.And we had a good time...

TolkoRaz
26-10-2015, 17:47
Well done benedikt, but I would not rate the Radisson as the best hotel in the Ukraine! ;)

As a matter of education, is Austria still a neutral country? Like Switzerland?

Benedikt
26-10-2015, 18:05
Well done benedikt, but I would not rate the Radisson as the best hotel in the Ukraine! ;)

As a matter of education, is Austria still a neutral country? Like Switzerland?

Tolko i know you were winking. so i am not quite sure, but it was the Radisson in Moscow. before it was known as the Ukraine Hotel.
The Austrians neutral? on paper yes...for the rest, they sell whatever to whoever who pays. of course always with correct and valid end user certificates...

TolkoRaz
26-10-2015, 18:10
Ah Yes, Years ago I used to visit the former Ukraine Hotel for a haircut & a few beers, but now it is only the boat trips which encourage me to visit the hotel's locality! ;)

Benedikt
26-10-2015, 19:23
Ah Yes, Years ago I used to visit the former Ukraine Hotel for a haircut & a few beers, but now it is only the boat trips which encourage me to visit the hotel's locality! ;)

i like it there, could have something to do that the GM is an Austrian.
Interesting also so check out the Panorama of Moscow. how it looked like, Moscow that is, for the world exhibition in the USA. and where it went around before it was put up in the hotel.

Benedikt
27-10-2015, 20:59
The Austrians neutral? on paper yes...for the rest, they sell whatever to whoever who pays. of course always with correct and valid end user certificates...[/QUOTE]

they are building now 1000 engines for Turkish tanks...
http://www.krone.at/Oesterreich/Motor_aus_Oesterreich_fuer_1000_tuerkische_Panzer-Pilz_warnt_vor_Deal-Story-479063