View Full Version : The most spiritual nation in the world

shurale
15-10-2015, 19:09
Russians. Because we have Dostoyevsky.
Who are coming next? Serbians?

FatAndy
15-10-2015, 19:13
Russians. Because we have vodka.
I'd put Scotts and Irish next guys - they have not a bad substitutes... ;)

TolkoRaz
15-10-2015, 19:20
I would suggest Tibetans are the most spiritual or any other Buddhist country.....

TolkoRaz
15-10-2015, 19:21
Russians. Because we have Dostoyevsky.
Who are coming next? Serbians?

Serbians? Spiritual? : confused: Religious, yes, but not spiritual!

Benedikt
15-10-2015, 19:40
Serbians? Spiritual? : confused: Religious, yes, but not spiritual!

religious not, spirituell also not but SPIRITUSIELL ( i just invented a new word), the have the best Slibovitsa....(schnaps made from plumes...)

TolkoRaz
15-10-2015, 19:47
Slivovich - we used to call it 'slip in a ditch' :D

vossy7
15-10-2015, 20:16
Slivovich - we used to call it 'slip in a ditch' :D

I bet you slipped in many a ditch with a Serbian beauty TR :big-grin:

TolkoRaz
15-10-2015, 21:02
Actually, the Irish are very spiritual; they love their Whisky! ;)

vossy7
15-10-2015, 21:14
Actually, the Irish are very spiritual; they love their Whisky! ;)

McQuillan walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar. When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the Irishman started to leave.
"S'cuse me," said a customer, who was puzzled over what McQuillan had done. "What was that all about?
"Nothing," said the Irishman, "me wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."

rusmeister
15-10-2015, 22:34
The man in the Gospel with the Legion of spirits was very spiritual - but they were demonic spirits. It's no good being spiritual unless you have the right Spirit.

TolkoRaz
16-10-2015, 07:40
The man in the Gospel with the Legion of spirits was very spiritual - but they were demonic spirits. It's no good being spiritual unless you have the right Spirit.

And that would be a fine single Malt!

rusmeister
16-10-2015, 11:52

:)

Even with THAT spirit, you need the right Spirit.

But neither nature nor wine nor anything else can be enjoyed if we have the wrong attitude towards happiness, and Omar* (or Fitzgerald) did have the wrong attitude towards happiness. He and those he has influenced do not see that if we are to be truly gay, we must believe that there is some eternal gaiety in the nature of things. We cannot enjoy thoroughly even a pas-de-quatre at a subscription dance unless we believe that the stars are dancing to the same tune. No one can be really hilarious but the serious man. "Wine," says the Scripture, "maketh glad the heart of man," but only of the man who has a heart. The thing called high spirits is possible only to the spiritual. Ultimately a man cannot rejoice in anything except the nature of things. Ultimately a man can enjoy nothing except religion. GKC, "Heretics"
http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Gilbert_K_Chesterton/Heretics/Omar_and_the_Sacred_Vine_p3.html

*(Khayaam)

Uncle Wally
16-10-2015, 12:40

Wow the whiskey you drink is older than your girlfriends.

Uncle Wally
16-10-2015, 12:42
I would suggest Tibetans are the most spiritual or any other Buddhist country.....

I would agree with that.

Nepal maybe too?

TolkoRaz
16-10-2015, 15:21
Wow the whiskey you drink is older than your girlfriends.

LOL! :D I may be an old Warrior, but there is still some life left in this dog!

And given your comment, it is just as well I did not post a photo of a 12 year old Malt! :eek:

Uncle Wally
16-10-2015, 16:47
LOL! :D I may be an old Warrior, but there is still some life left in this dog!

And given your comment, it is just as well I did not post a photo of a 12 year old Malt! :eek:

You would drink that sh!t and if you say you would I ain't going to your party.