PDA

View Full Version : BEER must have a powerful lobby indeed

Benedikt
14-10-2015, 18:51
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russias-sports-minister-to-reconsider-beer-ban-at-sporting-events/539021.html

well, for -Germans- beer is not considered alcohol. it has more or less the same calories as a bread roll, so is considered food......

Uncle Wally
15-10-2015, 00:21
At American football games they stop serving beer in the second half. They found people weren't so drunk when they left and less problems in the parking lot.

Benedikt
15-10-2015, 03:13
At American football games they stop serving beer in the second half. They found people weren't so drunk when they left and less problems in the parking lot.

stop serving is ok. but how much or how many do they buy and drink in the first half? also, i am not familiar with the system there. are they allowed to buy and take beer into the stadion? or only buy and drink it outside before walking in? than it will make sense.

TolkoRaz
15-10-2015, 06:20

Surey they would just buy double in the first half and stack it up for the 2nd half? Even Americans are not that stupid! ;)

Benedikt
15-10-2015, 06:44
Surey they would just buy double in the first half and stack it up for the 2nd half? Even Americans are not that stupid! ;)

remember that īlast roundīcall in bars. so the boys order just 20 bottles-pints.. because the law did not say stop drinking at midnight, only last order....and than it was /binge drinking/ because the landlord had to close after 30 minutes... suppose this was the reason why that last round thing was abolished more or less in the UK.
i though still remember when working in Houston, fair enough many years ago, it was DRINK UP AND OUT by midnight, the law came in and checked. and more or less told everyone to leave /now/. we were not even let to finish our beer.

FatAndy
15-10-2015, 09:28
It was Mutko, "let mi spik from mai hart, in Inglish"...

vossy7
15-10-2015, 09:51
Talking about American football have you seen this about the players who apparently are afraid of "shitty fingers" ......ah the days when I had to do with a dock leaf :poo:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-34430305

Benedikt
15-10-2015, 10:06
talking about beer. Anheuser-Busch bought SABMiller breweries. every THIRD beer brewed on this planet is from one of their breweries. Suppose if they want something now, sponsor ship, TV time, whatever, it will be hard to impossible, to say no.

here is one.http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/13/investing/ab-inbev-sabmiller-beer-merger/

Uncle Wally
16-10-2015, 23:35
stop serving is ok. but how much or how many do they buy and drink in the first half? also, i am not familiar with the system there. are they allowed to buy and take beer into the stadion? or only buy and drink it outside before walking in? than it will make sense.

You are not allowed to bring beer/alcohol into the stadium. What Americans do is have what's called a "tailgate" party. They come hours before the game and bring beer, a barbecue, music and party before the game at the back (tailgate) of their car. And yes TR they know when the valves get shut off so they buy as much as they can to last them through the game. I remember at one stadium guys were bringing in this thing, I forget now actually what it was but it was something to do with their team. Well they found out years later that they had a keg of beer hidden inside!