PDA

View Full Version : Free walking tour in English "The anothe Moscow. Ostankino-VDNKh"/ the 10th October

JuliaZyu
08-10-2015, 15:27
Join us to the walking tours "Another Moscow" Ostankino-VDNKh.
On the 10th of October at 12 p.m.
Guid will share insider knowledges about Moscow, interesting facts with facile descriptions about cultural traditions of Russians and customs of locals, the difference of views, stereotypes and "unspoken" rules nowadays.
You will learn:
- interesting facts about the biggest viewing platform in Europe, about events and legends of the TV tower,
- the history of the Famous Soviet Exhibition and unique fountain the "Friendship of nations",
- the secrets of the city life, inconspicuous and interesting places
You will:
- take a monorail
- walk on the beautiful park in Moscow
Price: Free
Duration: 1.5 hours
Language: English
We organize the tour in a small group for more comfort. We recommend for you to book the tour and write the message to us till the 10th of October. It allow to avoid inconvenients for you and guide. Or email us to twptours@gmail.com, or wats up number: +79859136995
We meet outside at 12:00 pm at the Metro VDNKh. The exit from metro to the "ВДНХ" (VDNKh.),it is the last wagon from center, up the escalator. Guide will be with the table "TWP tours".
https://www.facebook.com/twptours

TolkoRaz
08-10-2015, 15:40
Join us to the walking tours "Another Moscow" Ostankino-VDNKh.
On the 10th of October at 12 p.m.
Guid will share insider knowledges about Moscow, interesting facts with facile descriptions about cultural traditions of Russians and customs of locals, the difference of views, stereotypes and "unspoken" rules nowadays.
You will learn:
- interesting facts about the biggest viewing platform in Europe, about events and legends of the TV tower,
- the history of the Famous Soviet Exhibition and unique fountain the "Friendship of nations",
- the secrets of the city life, inconspicuous and interesting places
You will:
- take a monorail
- walk on the beautiful park in Moscow
Price: Free
Duration: 1.5 hours
Language: English
We organize the tour in a small group for more comfort. We recommend for you to book the tour and write the message to us till the 10th of October. It allow to avoid inconvenients for you and guide. Or email us to twptours@gmail.com, or wats up number: +79859136995
We meet outside at 12:00 pm at the Metro VDNKh. The exit from metro to the "ВДНХ" (VDNKh.),it is the last wagon from center, up the escalator. Guide will be with the table "TWP tours".
https://www.facebook.com/twptours

Do you really mean to use the word 'facile'?

'Facile' is an adjective that means arrived at without due care or effort; lacking in depth...............

However, setting that aside, I wish you much luck :)

AstarD
08-10-2015, 16:06
Indeed. It has a rather negative meaning, as in too easy, trite, or a bit stupid.

Benedikt
08-10-2015, 16:53
Do you really mean to use the word 'facile'?

'Facile' is an adjective that means arrived at without due care or effort; lacking in depth...............

However, setting that aside, I wish you much luck :)

dictionary.com has a different explanation. and i thinkTHAT one was meant....
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facile

AstarD
08-10-2015, 18:01
Notice all the "contemporary examples" are negative in tone.

vossy7
08-10-2015, 18:35
Hey all , did you ever remember the Moscow Tribune , well there was a lady who wrote an article every week called "My Moscow" which was about walks around Moscow ......so here is where I now become a complete idiot , I forget her name and also we met as she wanted to write a book in English about Moscow walks.....so if anyone can remember her name I would be eternally grateful. So this prompted me to set up the "Moscow Architectural Appreciation Society" or MAAS inside our company and I used to take families around the center of Moscow teaching them about each building and the history of the architecture. I can still tell anyone who wishes to know about the style , age and architect of most historic buildings in Moscow and St Pete as well , it scares the shite out of all my Russian friends.....:scared:

AstarD
08-10-2015, 18:46
Miriam Elder.

vossy7
08-10-2015, 18:56
AstarD....no this was the early 90s.....I believe Miriam was here much later!

AstarD
08-10-2015, 19:23
It was Moscow News' Phoebe Taplin, wasn't it? I remember now that Miriam Elder is a correspondent (the one who cries over dry cleaning) from the Guardian or something...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moscow-Walks-Autumn-Phoebe-Taplin/dp/5905600015

vossy7
08-10-2015, 20:47
AstarD....I really appreciate your efforts but this was a really nice old Russian lady.......and I really cannot forgive myself for not remembering her name grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TolkoRaz
08-10-2015, 21:34
Hey all , did you ever remember the Moscow Tribune , well there was a lady who wrote an article every week called "My Moscow" which was about walks around Moscow ......so here is where I now become a complete idiot , I forget her name and also we met as she wanted to write a book in English about Moscow walks.....so if anyone can remember her name I would be eternally grateful. So this prompted me to set up the "Moscow Architectural Appreciation Society" or MAAS inside our company and I used to take families around the center of Moscow teaching them about each building and the history of the architecture. I can still tell anyone who wishes to know about the style , age and architect of most historic buildings in Moscow and St Pete as well , it scares the shite out of all my Russian friends.....:scared:

Yes, I recall her - she was married to an English or Scottish Diplomat! ;)

She also published a book - I will find it on my bookshelf and PM you her name as it currently escapes me at the moment!

TolkoRaz
08-10-2015, 21:39
Just remembered her name - Kathleen Berton (Writer's Name) - actual surname 'Murrell'. :10310:

Wow, my memory still works that faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar back - that is over 25 years! :eek:

Her husband was watched very closely by the boys in leather jackets! ;)

:book: