PDA

View Full Version : EUROPEAN SIM CARD ONLY Samsung Galaxy S6 for sale

natlee
01-10-2015, 19:39
My parents have done it again - bought me a phone in France which says "EUROPEAN SIM CARD ONLY" right there on the box. So, I happen to have a BRAND NEW Samsung Galaxy S6 with 32 GB of memory (bought this past Monday in Nice, France) for sale. Obviously works with European SIM cards only! ;) (Yes, I know I could unlock it but I'd rather sell it to someone who needs it for Europe and intact!) Please contact me at nat_ashka@yahoo.com for details.

JPS
01-10-2015, 20:06
There's no such thing as a "European SIM card". They are the same throughout the world; Standard, micro or nano size.

natlee
01-10-2015, 20:48
There's no such thing as a "European SIM card". They are the same throughout the world; Standard, micro or nano size. Please do a quick google search. By European sim cards they clearly mean European mobile operators' sim cards. When I place my nano sim into the phone I get a "SIM Network unlock PIN" message which is nothing to do with my SIM or PUK codes!

Judge
01-10-2015, 20:49
Nat, don't listen to JPS, it's only euro sim card only, no good here, best to sell.
I offer 1000ru for this unusable phone.

JPS, I'll send you a pm about splitting any profits .

Judge
01-10-2015, 20:52
Please do a quick google search. By European sim cards they clearly mean European mobile operators' sim cards. When I place my nano sim into the phone I get a "SIM Network unlock PIN" message which is nothing to do with my SIM or PUK codes!

You're right, never heard of this before you posted about it, what I read is that it should be activated with a sim card from the region it was bought in.

natlee
01-10-2015, 21:05
You're right, never heard of this before you posted about it Neither had I. :( Parents used to buy phones from France without any such issues, so this is new and very upsetting. :(

Judge
01-10-2015, 21:14
Neither had I. :( Parents used to buy phones from France without any such issues, so this is new and very upsetting. :(

Can't they take it back?

natlee
01-10-2015, 22:11
Can't they take it back? No, they will not be going back anytime soon, so was wondering if I could sell it to someone who wants a good phone to use in Europe!

vossy7
02-10-2015, 04:30
Nat , if you can't do it then any kулибин worth his title can do this for you, there are always small kiosks around metro stations offering unblocking services.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-remove-samsung-region-locking-3590401/

natlee
02-10-2015, 08:37
Nat , if you can't do it then any kулибин worth his title can do this for you, there are always small kiosks around metro stations offering unblocking services.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-remove-samsung-region-locking-3590401/ Thanks hon, apparently all I need is that damn code and there seem to be enough services here and elsewhere that will give it to you online for a small(ish) fee so I will give it a day or two (have posted on a couple of sites) and if no one's willing to take this beauty off me as it is (I do like it - for once, I did not want the latest (Edge) model as I did not like it and neither did my friends who know a thing or two about phones!) then I will do just that :)

natlee
02-10-2015, 16:53
what I read is that it should be activated with a sim card from the region it was bought in. Yes, apparently I/they should've first used it to make a call or two with the local (French) SIM. Any idea whether it will work with just any EU SIM now that I've a) tried the local SIM in it (and typed in the wrong code a couple of times) and 2) when on roaming rather than from the EU? :nut: Work as in unock the phone!

natlee
04-10-2015, 18:43
Mods, please close the thread. Luckily for me, it was not too late to 'activate' the phone with a friend's EU SIM. So, I'm happy to say I'll be keeping it after all :)

vossy7
04-10-2015, 18:58
Mods, please close the thread. Luckily for me, it was not too late to 'activate' the phone with a friend's EU SIM. So, I'm happy to say I'll be keeping it after all :)

Ah Nat.....you have made my day....so happy that you are now Mod..ified :smile:

natlee
04-10-2015, 19:11
so happy that you are now Mod..ified :smile: :D