PDA

View Full Version : Children's Halloween at BarBQ Café

ghost 6-3
28-09-2015, 15:55
This year our regular Halloween Party (started by me and Jack Klausen long ago) will again be held in partnership with BarBQ Café but at their TRUBNAYA location.

For more info, please go to http://booparty.ru (for now the site is in Russian only).

Don't hesitate to sign up. Space is limited. You can now pay on the web-site with you credit/debit card (first time we have done this, so let me know if there are any problems).

This is still non-profit from our side (my family's side), and BarBQ Café usually breaks even and uses this for promotional purposes. So take advantage of one of the best Children's Halloween Parties in Moscow.

boo!
ghost 6-3

astra
22-10-2015, 12:35
Hi,
How many people have booked so far? BarBQ Café charges 1300 rub per child and 1600 rub per adult, so it is nearly 3000 to take a kid there. It makes sence only if it is something big... Please provide some details. thank you.

ghost 6-3
23-10-2015, 10:50
Astra,

There are entertainers, face painters, a maze, a pumpkin stand, a children's (and adult's) buffet, a quite table (for quiet kids). There are usually around 80 children or so. I don't think 3000 roubles is too much for this.

g 6-3

Benedikt
23-10-2015, 12:04
Astra,

There are entertainers, face painters, a maze, a pumpkin stand, a children's (and adult's) buffet, a quite table (for quiet kids). There are usually around 80 children or so. I don't think 3000 roubles is too much for this.

g 6-3

if i was you i would check very carefully what will happen there. lets use the word =authoritiy=, it can be church or others, are against Halloween. claiming it is a pagan festival. American on top of it, and has no place in Russia. i also would check who comes so you will not have surprises later on. and maybe a visit from the law when the party is going....

http://orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/halloween.aspx

natlee
23-10-2015, 13:40
Astra,

g 6-3 So food is included in the price of the ticket, then? Do you think it will be interesting for both a 22 month old and a 10 year old? Do I have to pay for both of them? Does it only make sense to show up no later than 2 to get some food? ;)

ghost 6-3
23-10-2015, 15:45
Since the whole event is only 4 hours, I suggest you get there from the beginning.

The food is included in the price of the ticket, but other drinks (tea, alcohol) need to be ordered from the menu.

22 months is a great age. There will be lots to do, but if it too much, there is a 'quiet room' where kids can draw and do Halloween related arts and crafts.

ghost 6-3
23-10-2015, 16:11
Tickets need to be purchased for children from 18 months.

And there is lots for a 10 y.o. to do too (the maze usually captivates them).

AstarD
23-10-2015, 16:37
if i was you i would check very carefully what will happen there. lets use the word =authoritiy=, it can be church or others, are against Halloween. claiming it is a pagan festival. American on top of it, and has no place in Russia. i also would check who comes so you will not have surprises later on. and maybe a visit from the law when the party is going....

http://orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/halloween.aspxThis event has been going on now for nearly 10 years. I think that fear is exaggerated.

Benedikt
23-10-2015, 22:27
This event has been going on now for nearly 10 years. I think that fear is exaggerated.
10 years ago the orthodox church had nothing against halloween.

ezik
25-10-2015, 20:03
Nice to see a Halloween party for kids.
Is the staff working on entertaining the kids talking Russian and English?

ghost 6-3
25-10-2015, 20:34
The entertainers do their show in Russian. There is a lot of physical activity, though, so the kids can usually figure out what is going on.

astra
02-11-2015, 11:36
We went yesterday to this Halloween party for kids at BQ. The whole event was great and well arranged. Many thanks for your and your friends initiative and contribution into that!

ghost 6-3
02-11-2015, 12:28
Thank you very much. It was a huge effort, but I think it turned out great. The venue was really nice, and all our attractions worked out well.

Lots of smiling kids, and relaxed adults. I general, a success. I don't know what you look like, astra, but PM me with your info, and I will make sure you are on the contact list for next year (only for Halloween - I spam no one). And now you know that I am my avatar!

natlee
02-11-2015, 13:11
Please accept my thanks as well. My 22 month old LOVED it! A special thanks to the ladies entertaining the little ones - they did a wonderful job keeping my youngest busy :) Surprisingly (for me), my 10 y/o and her 10 and 12 y/o friends ended up having a good time as well. Very good food, too, enjoyed by all of us. It's just a shame there were no cool 'scary' cakes I remember from years ago! ;)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/728/22692250592_cf0bcf89cf.jpg

natlee
02-11-2015, 13:13
And now you know that I am my avatar! The most handsome man er ghost at the party :)

ghost 6-3
02-11-2015, 15:29
Please accept my thanks as well. My 22 month old LOVED it! A special thanks to the ladies entertaining the little ones - they did a wonderful job keeping my youngest busy :) Surprisingly (for me), my 10 y/o and her 10 and 12 y/o friends ended up having a good time as well. Very good food, too, enjoyed by all of us. It's just a shame there were no cool 'scary' cakes I remember from years ago! ;)Probably the only problem we have is dealing with the big age range. Trying to do something that kids from 2-12 can enjoy is a challenge, but it seems to work out. I am glad you liked it. I see your daughter was in the Quiet Room, which the restaurant managers could not understand. I had to set it up myself. I told them it would attract almost as many kids as all the other places - and it did. Some kids just want something quiet and relaxing to do.

Great comment on the deserts! I am having the party debrief with BarBQ Cafe on Wednesday. I will talk to the chef about scary deserts for next year. Maybe we can afford them now. Jack Klausen and I started this event 6 years ago, and have seen it grow since. He (and I) used to take a loss on this, but now we are breaking even and having a great time.

Next year we intend to hit it out of the part.

Introduce yourself next time. It is always nice to meet in real life the people I know on-line.

g6-3

natlee
02-11-2015, 15:53
I see your daughter was in the Quiet Room, which the restaurant managers could not understand. I had to set it up myself. I told them it would attract almost as many kids as all the other places - and it did. For sure, and a big THANK YOU for that! Very funny to the rest of us, but the little one was very scared of the big 'scull' with the moving eyes and jaw, and would not go anywhere near it no matter how hard we tried to convince her otherwise by touching it to show her it was only a 'toy'! She was more comfortable and clearly felt much safer in the Quiet Room (not that it was very quiet with her in it ;) )

I am having the party debrief with BarBQ Cafe on Wednesday. I will talk to the chef about scary deserts for next year. Maybe we can afford them now. Would be great, thank you.

Jack Klausen and I started this event 6 years ago, and have seen it grow since. He (and I) used to take a loss on this, but now we are breaking even and having a great time. That does not surprise me - I thought that what we got was excellent value for money.

Introduce yourself next time. It is always nice to meet in real life the people I know on-line. Will do :)