PDA

View Full Version : Moscow's Birthday 868

Uncle Wally
03-09-2015, 18:33
This weekend is Moscow's 868th birthday!

Party all over the city! Saturday Aerosmith will play a free concert on Luybanka!

Benedikt
03-09-2015, 19:32
if you want to go by car, better check. half the center will be closed to traffic and in the other half you can not drive. would be nice if the weather holds out. a shame it it was raining. be careful with alcohol. nothing in glass bottles or cans. and nothing on sale in the streets. apparently the law will be out in full force. they want a quiet weekend. and in the Metro/railway stations/ bus terminals the detectors at the entrances will be working.

something to read up:
http://www.anothercity.ru/en/poster/103-poster/1511-city-day

TolkoRaz
03-09-2015, 19:59
!

I wonder what one buys an 868 year old? ;)

Uncle Wally
03-09-2015, 23:07
if you want to go by car, better check. half the center will be closed to traffic and in the other half you can not drive. would be nice if the weather holds out. a shame it it was raining. be careful with alcohol. nothing in glass bottles or cans. and nothing on sale in the streets. apparently the law will be out in full force. they want a quiet weekend. and in the Metro/railway stations/ bus terminals the detectors at the entrances will be working.

something to read up:
http://www.anothercity.ru/en/poster/103-poster/1511-city-day

It will not rain! Don't you know Putin controls everything in Russia even the weather!

I think they'll close down the streets around the center, that's why I'm telling friends to drop their car off at my place early or even the night before. Last year there were no alcohol sales in the center so buy before! Vodka in a 7up bottle works best! Expect a million people so coming early would be wise.

Uncle Wally
03-09-2015, 23:09
I wonder what one buys an 868 year old? ;)

Ha, just think of how big the cake would have to be to fit 868 candles!

frankdulzone
03-09-2015, 23:21

Party all over the city! Saturday Aerosmith will play a free concert on Luybanka!

I find the music choice exceedingly appropriate

natlee
04-09-2015, 02:14
Oh no! I will be driving Saturday! :eek: Have not seen my friend for over two years and the damn city spoils it for me yet again! :grind:

:rolleyes:

Benedikt
04-09-2015, 06:07
Putin never controlled the weather in Moscow. it was the then Mayor Juri Lushkov who sent planes from Ramenskoye Airfield to seed the clouds. a million rubles one plane. there were always 10 or 12.....some though on standby only. and the weather was nice. also on other big holidays. Victory Parade on Red Square for instance.
a few hours ago it was pouring like anything,at least here i nStrogino. but from the looks of it, the clouds are not empty.and the Barometer in the window is still in the red. don't think we will see much sun over the weekend...https://www.google.ru/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=weather%20in%20moscow%20russia&es_th=1
looks like i was right. i added the link after typing the reply....

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 09:04
Oh no! I will be driving Saturday! :eek: Have not seen my friend for over two years and the damn city spoils it for me yet again! :grind:

And some metro stations in the center will be closed too but I think only for a short time while the concert and fireworks �� are going on. This will be only in the center. I think in your dilapidated neighborhood all should be fine.

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 09:07
Putin never controlled the weather in Moscow. it was the then Mayor Juri Lushkov who sent planes from Ramenskoye Airfield to seed the clouds. a million rubles one plane. there were always 10 or 12.....some though on standby only. and the weather was nice. also on other big holidays. Victory Parade on Red Square for instance.
a few hours ago it was pouring like anything,at least here i nStrogino. but from the looks of it, the clouds are not empty.and the Barometer in the window is still in the red. don't think we will see much sun over the weekend...https://www.google.ru/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=weather%20in%20moscow%20russia&es_th=1
looks like i was right. i added the link after typing the reply....

I am pretty sure it won't rain. It may be cloudy but rain it will not.

Judge
04-09-2015, 17:51

You're not allowed to get mad at the birthday girl.:party:

Looks like last night's rain is heading north ,sunny day tomorrow. :sun:

natlee
04-09-2015, 18:01
I am pretty sure it won't rain. It may be cloudy but rain it will not. I won't be driving in my neighborhood :nut:

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 18:49
I won't be driving in my neighborhood :nut:

I wouldn't drive in your neighborhood either, it's dilapidated and dangerous! I was in your neighborhood yesterday and I found it strange. Many old buildings and village type stores. Like it's been held back in time. Funny for being "in the center". I think by next year they should get around to fixing it up but it's gonna take a lot of work. The roads though didn't seem that bad.

You should be good to go anywhere out of the center.

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 18:54
You're not allowed to get mad at the birthday girl.:party:

Looks like last night's rain is heading north ,sunny day tomorrow. :sun:

Calling for some more rain in the morning but clearing up by evening. I live right around the corner from Lubanyaka so we'll party here until it's time for the show!

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 18:56
I'll try to get some updates from ground zero tomorrow. Check this space!

natlee
04-09-2015, 22:29
I wouldn't drive in your neighborhood either, it's dilapidated and dangerous! I was in your neighborhood yesterday and I found it strange. Many old buildings and village type stores. Like it's been held back in time. Funny for being "in the center". I think by next year they should get around to fixing it up but it's gonna take a lot of work. The roads though didn't seem that bad.

You should be good to go anywhere out of the center. The roads have mostly been fixed (I hope!) Instead, they're now doing up the area right by our building, meaning, we've been unable to a) park by the building and b) open the windows since Tue :mad: (They had promised to be done by Thur - ha-ha!)

And yes, my former husband used to love the area for being, um, Soviet-ISH but I was never much of a fan. It's been getting better, but ohh sooo slowwwly! That said, one thing I love about it is being able to find virtually any kind of shop within walking distance from my place - I don't drive much at all anymore. The thing I dislike about the place - too many of the shops and cafes we grow to love close!

TolkoRaz
04-09-2015, 22:33
I was in your neighborhood yesterday and I found it strange.

You were in natlee's district and did not seek her out? :eek:

TolkoRaz
04-09-2015, 22:35
I don't drive much at all anymore.

The pavement mounted signs sigh a breath of relief! :p

Uncle Wally
04-09-2015, 22:49
You were in natlee's district and did not seek her out? :eek:

What do you take me for a bartender! I have a little more class than that. Don't worry she'll come around. The magnitude of her beauty is worth the wait. But ya sometimes I do get itchy.

Anyway the reason I was there is because my girlfriend got a new job there. I live right down the street, just take bus T25 a few stops. I also have a friend who lives down by the river, her son plays hockey for the Detroit Red Wings!

natlee
04-09-2015, 23:11
The pavement mounted signs sigh a breath of relief! :p :evilgrin:

TolkoRaz
04-09-2015, 23:22
What do you take me for a bartender! I have a little more class than that!

The bartender is now a DJ in Hellsinki!

http://spiritfm.fi/djs/pete-cato/

natlee
05-09-2015, 01:43
The bartender is now a DJ in Hellsinki!

http://spiritfm.fi/djs/pete-cato/ I have so fallen out of love with you for that post!

Benedikt
05-09-2015, 06:28
though it is still early in the day, it is raining....

Mimi123
05-09-2015, 07:14
Hello..may I know what time is the concert and is it free?is it near metro lubyanka?what can we buy this day?

Benedikt
05-09-2015, 07:57
Mimi i don't quite understand.WHAT do you want to buy this day?
the concert is free. suppose if it will not be pouring..

and for the rest, Nikolskaya Street, Kuznetzky Most, Old Arbat, there will be stands with food, souvenirs, buskers , as it is every year.

Manezh Ploshad, Red Square, (the corners that are open most of it will be closed for the military tattoo, check http://www.kremlin-military-tattoo.ru/en/about/
entrance with tickets only, read up on the site. prices though are STEEP.not worth it, better watch the whole program on TV. where you can see much more)

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 08:40
Light rain and all is very quiet.

Aerosmith goes on around 9 and Dima Belan is playing just before them and you don't want to miss that, ha! The should have bands all day though.

The stage is set up in front of Dedsky Mir. Facing down the street toward the Duma. Expect all metro stations around there to be closed or exit only!

Benedikt
05-09-2015, 09:44
heavy rain out here and from the park i can not see anything of Moscow (Moscow City is invisible, and Aliaya Parusa which is 2 km away, the top of the buildings are in the clouds).
my wife said jokingly, half the people who were in charge of this operation, seeding the clouds, will be fired, they did a very bad job.....
was watching the Moscow24 news just now.
Interesting for METRO fans:Station Partisanskaya has 3 rails. in the middle they will show rolling stock that was used in the past and seldom, if ever is shown or seen.
apparently they have seeded the clouds, was on the news, but it seems they did not a very effective job. or started to late.....
up to 20 000 law enforcement will be on duty. metal dedectors all over the place. and at 22.30 huge fireworks. hopefully it will clear up, sad if all that work just disappears in the clouds and not much to see.

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 10:50
Yeah it's raining pretty good now in the center. Checking the weather reports, says by 18:00 clear sky's . I'll take a walk a little later to check out the stage and stores for vodka sales. Don't worry I bought enough last night just in case. Told friends to buy before they come.

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 11:54
I have so fallen out of love with you for that post!

You should be happy he's keeping an eye on him and can let us know if he ever comes back to Moscow.

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 11:54
Rain is letting up a bit.

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 12:42
Rain has stopped! All streets from Kitai Gorod to Lubanyka are closed. Only way to the stage is from the Bolshoi Theatre. Traffic is very light and GAI is controlling it everywhere.

TolkoRaz
05-09-2015, 15:20
Where are the photos?

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 16:13
Where are the photos?

I told you by PM you will get no naked photos of me!

Uncle Wally
05-09-2015, 16:23
Concert has started, I can hear it from my place. Must be very loud!

TolkoRaz
05-09-2015, 20:12
Concert has started, I can hear it from my place. Must be very loud!

I thought that you were there? :confused:

AstarD
05-09-2015, 20:38
I am pretty sure it won't rain. It may be cloudy but rain it will not.Wrong again.

stephenk2
06-09-2015, 00:10
You know I got there at 9pm and wasn't able to get into the show area. I guess I had to park my ass there a few hours earlier. I walked all the way around from GUM to Tverskaya, to Kuzentsky Most to Detskiy Mir and then to Kitai Gorod and everywhere I went it was all blocked by barricades...oh and police were of absolutely no help (not a shocker for those who've lived here more than a minute). Go there, it's open, is their answer - everywhere! Thanks for the "free" concert Moscow! But hey, I did a lot of walking, the streets were nicely adorned with plenty of things to look at...the big screen tv's were cool and for once, they had plenty toilets nearby!

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 06:38
Wrong again.

I don't know where you were but where I was it didn't rain.

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 06:52
I thought that you were there? :confused:

I live there! I could hear the concert from my court yard. But like Steph2 we left too late and we could not get anywhere close to the stage. We did hear someone playing Aerosmith songs. There was like a gazillion people out last night. Ended up going to My Bar getting blazingly drunk �� and staggering back home in a group of 7 arm in arm I think we even fell over once or twice.

Benedikt
06-09-2015, 08:41
I gave the (live) center a miss.zapped between football Russia - Sveden and Austria- Moldova. both teams won 1:0, Austria and Russia that is. on the computer. And on the tv was the tattoo running. splendid performances! in a day or two the whole thing will be on youtube and i will watch all.

stephenk2
06-09-2015, 09:39
Already on YouTube - not professional but good quality: Aerosmith in Moscow 2015 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdyEO0pvSz4)

Kartoshka
06-09-2015, 09:57
I was near to Lubyanka at 16:30 and the crowds were already halfway down to the Bolshoi. If you had wanted to actually see anything you'd probably have had to get there at 13:00 and spend the day there.

AstarD
06-09-2015, 10:07
It will not rain! Don't you know Putin controls everything in Russia even the weather!

I think they'll close down the streets around the center, that's why I'm telling friends to drop their car off at my place early or even the night before. Last year there were no alcohol sales in the center so buy before! Vodka in a 7up bottle works best! Expect a million people so coming early would be wise.

I am pretty sure it won't rain. It may be cloudy but rain it will not.

Calling for some more rain in the morning but clearing up by evening. I live right around the corner from Lubanyaka so we'll party here until it's time for the show!

though it is still early in the day, it is raining....

Light rain and all is very quiet.

Aerosmith goes on around 9 and Dima Belan is playing just before them and you don't want to miss that, ha! The should have bands all day though.

The stage is set up in front of Dedsky Mir. Facing down the street toward the Duma. Expect all metro stations around there to be closed or exit only!

heavy rain out here and from the park i can not see anything of Moscow (Moscow City is invisible, and Aliaya Parusa which is 2 km away, the top of the buildings are in the clouds).
my wife said jokingly, half the people who were in charge of this operation, seeding the clouds, will be fired, they did a very bad job.....
was watching the Moscow24 news just now.
Interesting for METRO fans:Station Partisanskaya has 3 rails. in the middle they will show rolling stock that was used in the past and seldom, if ever is shown or seen.
apparently they have seeded the clouds, was on the news, but it seems they did not a very effective job. or started to late.....
up to 20 000 law enforcement will be on duty. metal dedectors all over the place. and at 22.30 huge fireworks. hopefully it will clear up, sad if all that work just disappears in the clouds and not much to see.

Yeah it's raining pretty good now in the center. Checking the weather reports, says by 18:00 clear sky's . I'll take a walk a little later to check out the stage and stores for vodka sales. Don't worry I bought enough last night just in case. Told friends to buy before they come.

Rain is letting up a bit.

Rain has stopped! All streets from Kitai Gorod to Lubanyka are closed. Only way to the stage is from the Bolshoi Theatre. Traffic is very light and GAI is controlling it everywhere.

I don't know where you were but where I was it didn't rain.
Then where were you?

Nobbynumbnuts
06-09-2015, 11:34
Then where were you?

'Yeah it's raining pretty good now in the center..'

'Rain is letting up a bit..'

'Rain has stopped!..'

'I don't know where you were but where I was it didn't rain...'

Wally World? :laughing: If Wally had a brain he'd be dangerous! :laughing:

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 12:29

'Rain has stopped!..'

What don't you understand about "the rain has stopped"? Do you know what stopped means? It means it is not raining anymore.

But thanks for the insult anyway.

Judge
06-09-2015, 12:33
From the videos on u tube of the Aerosmith concert the rain stopped.

I for one take your word for it Wally, you being in the area unlike others. .

Anyways, from what I saw on the TV, the whole thing looked amazing, the streets in the centre,entertainment for all,Red Square show,so much to do for all...Well done to all for putting on a good show for the locals and guests. .

Nobbynumbnuts
06-09-2015, 12:41
I for one take your word for it Wally.......

Right.
'It won't rain'....................then, 'the rain stopped'

Remember, 'oil won't go any lower'? :laughing:

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 12:47
From the videos on u tube of the Aerosmith concert the rain stopped.

I for one take your word for it Wally, you being in the area unlike others. .

Anyways, from what I saw on the TV, the whole thing looked amazing, the streets in the centre,entertainment for all,Red Square show,so much to do for all...Well done to all for putting on a good show for the locals and guests. .

There were millions of people everywhere and everyone was pretty cool.

Carl
06-09-2015, 15:53

'Rain has stopped!..'

Nothing new here.. As usual, Willy fast and loose with the facts.

Benedikt
06-09-2015, 19:16
well it is all over,everyone was happy, no hassles,no troubles, no excesses. or at least so far nothing in the news.
as long as the news are this: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/aerosmith-frontman-sings-with-busker-on-moscow-street/529482.html than everything is ok in my opinion...
it is raining again heavily, the forecast says for tomorrow Monday heavy rain, 20% of the monthly norm i none day. and rain for the rest of the week.

Judge
06-09-2015, 19:16
Right.
'It won't rain'....................then, 'the rain stopped'

Remember, 'oil won't go any lower'? :laughing:

Do you know what the word prediction means?
Even I predicted it would be sunny, but it rained in the morning but was al clear for the main event ,which was the Aerosmith concert, what's so hard to understand. ?
Now your sidekick Carl has turned up, never miss a chance to troll a little. .

Nobbynumbnuts
06-09-2015, 19:51
Even I predicted it would be sunny, but it rained in the morning but was al clear for the main event ,which was the Aerosmith concert, what's so hard to understand. ?

Have it your way, another completely ridiculous prediction then. One more to go along with all his others....:winking:

And you don't answer my PM? It's okay to tell someone to 'piss off' now? Have the forum rules changed? :winking:

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 20:07
Have it your way, another completely ridiculous prediction then. One more to go along with all his others....:winking:

And you don't answer my PM? It's okay to tell someone to 'piss off' now? Have the forum rules changed? :winking:

You are trolling numbnuts get it. You have nothing to add to this thread except insults. Why is that so hard to get through your thick head.

Judge
06-09-2015, 20:16

PM sent,
Go back and read the thread, I said it will be sunny all day , he said it will rain in the morning and day but will clear for the main event,which was right..... really what a silly thing we are discussing on a Sunday night ...

Nobbynumbnuts
06-09-2015, 20:22
PM sent.....

Thanks......:smile:

Carl
06-09-2015, 21:38

Can that actually be a factual statement, considering the previous statements regarding the fact that it was raining?
Come on Judge.. Give us a verdict.:loser:

TolkoRaz
06-09-2015, 21:46
Can that actually be a factual statement, considering the previous statements regarding the fact that it was raining?

Is it raining in the kindergarten playground?

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 22:27

Are you serious?

Judge
06-09-2015, 22:44

Verdict on what, that you're just trolling, what do you care about this event in Moscow, you're not even here to enjoy the day..
How hard is it to understand, it stopped raining when the main event was on,that's what Wally is on about.

Keep on trolling it suits you.

Uncle Wally
06-09-2015, 22:47
You can close this thread numbnuts AstarD and Carl have pretty much killed it.

Judge
06-09-2015, 23:04
You can close this thread numbnuts AstarD and Carl have pretty much killed it.

You're right, the birthday is over, all again for next year.
Thread closed, members got obsessed by the rain,there are always some who like to spoil a good party. :party: