PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite whisky, whiskey

shurale
30-08-2015, 20:30
Greetings,
did we have a thread about it? Maybe we can have a new one?

Do you prefer Scottish or Irish?
And the most ubiquioutous ones, Johny Walker and Jameson, what do you like better?

FatAndy
30-08-2015, 20:40
Glenfiddich is the only one I can drink w/o :vomit: Dunno why, the same is with tequila, only Patron.

TolkoRaz
30-08-2015, 20:54
Laphroaig, Isle of Jura & Glen Morangie :)

shurale
01-09-2015, 15:17
can you actually pronounce that Laphroaig?

Judge
01-09-2015, 15:27
My favourite whisky, one that I like to treat myself to now and again, isle of Jura singal malt.

Benedikt
01-09-2015, 18:55
Southern Comfort (and Ginger Ale). It is strictly not a Whiskey but also not a Liqueur. was introduced to in in South Africa at the Carlton Hotel, where I and after work a sundowner at the hotel's Charlie's bar. The barman,Fernando, an old Portuguese professional, introduced me also to Amstel beer...
Southern Comfort, but only the one that is made with Peaches. not the crap with berries or other fruit. Not available in Moscow, very few in any duty free, the one with peaches no more. Only in Vienna (Naschmarkt).A must for my luggage when in Vienna....

Judge
01-09-2015, 19:37
Laphroaig, Isle of Jura & Glen Morangie :)

now just read we like the same whisky. ..
I'll keep an open eye for Laphroaig ,to correctly pronounce it probably best after a bottle or two.

Judge
01-09-2015, 19:41
can you actually pronounce that Laphroaig?

I should read posts before posting,
Yeah was thinking the same... did a search, seems we aren't the first to ask.

https://youtu.be/LanWn7DvSlU

FatAndy
01-09-2015, 19:59
When shopping, just point by finger - that bottle! :)

bydand
01-09-2015, 20:12
Dalwhinnie single malt, and believe me I've tried (have not yet succeeded) to sample them all. Some say Scotch is an acquired taste, I liked it first off before I even liked beer. Well, maybe that says more about American beer.:smile:

vossy7
01-09-2015, 20:38
Hate whiskey, probably because it was my dad's favorite mouthwash......Ben , I like a Southern Comfort on the rocks ,a very nice tipple.
My absolute favorite is a nice screwdriver , with freshly squeezed OJ of course :10518::10518:

Judge
01-09-2015, 20:43
When shopping, just point by finger - that bottle! :)

Well yes, but when in the pub you wanna sound like you know a thing or two about whisky. .
Or just ask the barman for a good whisky, that's how I found isle of jura, on a cold wet windy night in the plough and anchor pub , Malta .:smile:

Nobbynumbnuts
01-09-2015, 23:46
Well yes, but when in the pub you wanna sound like you know a thing or two about whisky. .
Or just ask the barman for a good whisky, that's how I found isle of jura, on a cold wet windy night in the plough and anchor pub , Malta .:smile:

..if you want a good whisky, demand a single malt! :winking:

Alan65
02-09-2015, 00:16
Had a really good one in Sweden of all places on Hven Island, but due to Swedish licensing laws could not buy a bottle in Sweden, however got one on teh boat back to Denmark

http://hven.com/index.php/en/our-products/hven-dubhe-single-malt-whisky