PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Political Persuasion?

nicklcool
25-08-2015, 05:34
Way too many of the posters here seem to fall in line with this pattern: the liberals hate VVP and what Russia's doing, while the Conservatives understand VVP's politics, respect his steadfastness, and like the way Russia's approaching the progressive culture wars. So where do you fit on the political spectrum?

1. Strongly Liberal
2. Lean Liberal
3. Moderate
4. Lean Conservative
5. Strongly Conservative

...you can also add details about when\why\how you chose or changed you political persuasion.

I'll start things off- I'm a Cat 5, a strong conservative. I was raised in a very liberal household and I even voted for Obama the 1st time (d'oh!). But then after reflecting on my time in Russia I realized the BS of the liberal lie that people are victims whose lot in life was determined by external circumstances and therefore must be helped through gov't programs. If the Russians, who went through WWII and the collapse of the Soviet Union, managed to survive and lead successful lives, then there most be some other factors "holding back" the poor and minorities, and most definitely government programs are not their solution!

frankdulzone
25-08-2015, 05:48
I voted strongly conservative because I have a naive world view and a simplistic, theological approach to life. I also voted strongly conservative because I am secretly racist and fear minorities. I don't understand the positive effects on economic growth of immigration so I demonize the poor and liberal classes to obfuscate my own ignorance. I voted "strongly conservative" because I am secretly a homosexual so I bloviate loudly against gay marriage and equal rights for gays in general, lest someone suspect ME of being gay. I voted "strongly conservative" because I am an insufferable, self-hating wind bag, and I want everyone to be as miserable as me.

Fantastika
25-08-2015, 08:57
Nick, what "conservatives" are you talking about? Rush, Laura, Sean, Chris, Mark, are still fighting the Cold War. Michael is the only one who sees the hypocrisy... but he's banned in Britain :(

Benedikt
25-08-2015, 09:01
i try to pi*** against the wind, even if it means on occasion,when the wind is to strong, i get my pants wet.....

FatAndy
25-08-2015, 09:32
Relaxed conservative.

AstarD
25-08-2015, 10:46
I voted strongly conservative because I have a naive world view and a simplistic, theological approach to life. I also voted strongly conservative because I am secretly racist and fear minorities. I don't understand the positive effects on economic growth of immigration so I demonize the poor and liberal classes to obfuscate my own ignorance. I voted "strongly conservative" because I am secretly a homosexual so I bloviate loudly against gay marriage and equal rights for gays in general, lest someone suspect ME of being gay. I voted "strongly conservative" because I am an insufferable, self-hating wind bag, and I want everyone to be as miserable as me.

Yeah, me too.