PDA

View Full Version : Report: Are Russia and NATO Military exercises making war in Europe more likely?

penka
19-08-2015, 12:56
http://www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org/preparing-for-the-worst-are-russian-and-nato-military-exercises-making-war-in-europe-more-likely_2997.html

TolkoRaz
19-08-2015, 13:15
NATO is building a Training centre in Georgia - it looks like the US of A & NATO are trying to shift the 'conflict' to the Caucasus!

TolkoRaz
19-08-2015, 14:20
In response, the RF is considering a complex Radar Installation in Azerbaijan!

FatAndy
27-08-2015, 20:35
Report: Are Russia and NATO Military exercises making war in Europe more likely?

It's the game, dear - whose nerves are weaker? :)

NATO is building a Training centre in Georgia - it looks like the US of A & NATO are trying to shift the 'conflict' to the Caucasus!
I think, the result will be the same - yet M. Yu. Lermontov wrote in Daemon (1829-1839):

И дикий крик и стон глухой
Промчались в глубине долины -
Недолго продолжался бой:
Бежали робкие грузины!

http://s.pikabu.ru/post_img/2013/11/22/11/1385141054_727077405.jpg

frankdulzone
27-08-2015, 20:57
By definition war takes two (or more). NATO isn't going to go to war with itself. Perhaps if Russia is so interested in peace they can dismantle their remaining, aging weaponry and dismiss their armies.

Nobbynumbnuts
28-08-2015, 00:26

If Russia was my neighbor, i'd want a foreign training center! :winking:

Uncle Wally
28-08-2015, 00:40
By definition war takes two (or more). NATO isn't going to go to war with itself. Perhaps if Russia is so interested in peace they can dismantle their remaining, aging weaponry and dismiss their armies.

Are you kidding?

Uncle Wally
28-08-2015, 00:42

Why would that be?

FatAndy
28-08-2015, 01:21
NATO isn't going to go to war with itself.
It's already not bad - NATO has no visible signs of shizophrenia yet.

Perhaps if Russia is so interested in peace they can dismantle their remaining, aging weaponry and dismiss their armies.
:D Si vis pacem, para bellum (C). As only brave Georgians start building that NATO training center, we'll do smth similar for ODKB in Abhazia or South Osetia - just for a case...

FatAndy
28-08-2015, 01:26
You like to afraid too? Feel free. :)

frankdulzone
28-08-2015, 01:29
Are you kidding?
the only group of people who have anything to fear in Russia from liberalization and democracy are Putin and his Oligarchs. Russia has everything to gain becoming a part of EU and NATO. Putin would rather divide his people and instill fear in them to hold onto whatever power he can.

:D Si vis pacem, para bellumgood quote

Nobbynumbnuts
28-08-2015, 01:41
You like to afraid too? Feel free. :)

Russia is big and tough? Russia is f*cked......................again! :laughing:

FatAndy
28-08-2015, 01:54
Russia is big and tough? Russia is f*cked......................again! :laughing:
Sure, you see better from Thailand... Then what do you plan to afraid? :)

Nobbynumbnuts
28-08-2015, 02:04
Sure, you see better from Thailand... Then what do you plan to afraid? :)

A blind man can see! Your currency is becoming worthless. Oil is $43 perhaps going lower..
This is what Putin has brought you. Russians better start using their brains before it's too late.........................again.

Judge
28-08-2015, 07:45
A blind man can see! Your currency is becoming worthless. Oil is $43 perhaps going lower..
This is what Putin has brought you. Russians better start using their brains before it's too late.........................again.

Are you trying to take RL's drama queen crown :D

Nobbynumbnuts
28-08-2015, 07:52
Stop trying to take RL's drama queen crown :

Call me what you like, lol. :laughing:
If you want to pretend that everything is okay, that's up to you but Russia is in serious sh*t. :winking:

Judge
28-08-2015, 07:56

Or NATO could have gone first and dismantled, with the fall of the USSR there was no need for its existence ,now what we are seeing is Russia moving its own borders closer towards NATO .:)

TolkoRaz
28-08-2015, 07:58
the only group of people who have anything to fear in Russia from liberalization and democracy are Putin and his Oligarchs. Russia has everything to gain becoming a part of EU and NATO. Putin would rather divide his people and instill fear in them to hold onto whatever power he can.

Have you checked a map recently? Much of Russia is not part of Europe!

Judge
28-08-2015, 08:02
Call me what you like, lol. :laughing:
If you want to pretend that everything is okay, that's up to you but Russia is in serious sh*t. :winking:

No one is pretending anything, just that you are trying to make it out that collapse is imminent. ..Yesterday oil up, ruble up, and the drama continues.

FatAndy
02-09-2015, 18:42
http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/tanks-change-their-spots-as-usareur-renews-focus-on-europe-1.365620 - yanks repaint their tanks. Doubtful colour gamma though. PC rainbows colours would fit much more. :)

And... regarding the last phrase in the article... It looks a bit symbolic only for me?

frankdulzone
02-09-2015, 19:45
Have you checked a map recently? Much of Russia is not part of Europe!
That skirts my point: Russia could have chosen to become a modern liberal state, instead they decided on a different, less certain path.

Or NATO could have gone first and dismantled, with the fall of the USSR there was no need for its existence ,now what we are seeing is Russia moving its own borders closer towards NATO .:)
so you admit Russia is invading other countries in the same breathe you say NATO has no reason to exist? :)

Judge
02-09-2015, 21:13
so you admit Russia is invading other countries in the same breathe you say NATO has no reason to exist? :)

It was a reference to what Hagel said about Russia being at NATO's borders :smile:

frankdulzone
02-09-2015, 21:30
It was a reference to what Hagel said about Russia being at NATO's borders :smile:

I understand, and I know you know enough about NATO to get that it's a desired alliance for Poland, Ukraine and the Baltic states.

But I do appreciate your sense of humor :)