PDA

View Full Version : Ever wondered why Americans are fat?

vossy7
18-08-2015, 06:55
I mean , butter on a stick FFS.....I've heard it all now:vomit:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33943760

TolkoRaz
18-08-2015, 08:29
:vomit:

AstarD
18-08-2015, 11:49
Is there a similar reason why 28% of the Russian population (versus 33% of US population) is overweight? Salo?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-fattest-countries-in-the-world-2014-11

Benedikt
18-08-2015, 11:56
And according to these statistics, there are more overweight Germans than Russians. All that fat Wurst, Kraut and Beer one would assume?

AstarD
18-08-2015, 12:21
I think it's just the change in how society works. There are very few physically demanding jobs anymore. Most people sit to do their jobs. And since, in general, both spouses are now working, breakfast and supper must be quickly prepared meals. Fast food is very attractive in this scenario.

AstarD
18-08-2015, 13:19
Every Fifth Muscovite is Overweight
The Moscow TimesAug. 14 2015 00:00 Last edited 19:06

One in five residents of the Russian capital is overweight, according to RusIndex, an annual survey carried out by Synovate Comcon.

The RusIndex National Survey measures consumer motivations and preferences, sampling 28,000 individuals from 50 cities across 12 Russian regions.

While only 16 percent of Russians nationwide are overweight, 20.5 percent of Muscovites tip the scales at an unhealthy weight.

In a related statistic, the percentage of Muscovites who consider the food they eat to be healthy is lower than the national average 56.3 percent compared to 59.3 percent.

Synovate Comcon analysts did note one positive trend in Moscow. According to their research, the percentage of Muscovites who ate chips and crackers regularly was 38.7 percent for the first half of 2015, down from 41 percent in the same period in 2014.http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/every-fifth-muscovite-is-overweight/527944.html

Carl
18-08-2015, 13:52
Every Fifth Muscovite is Overweight
The Moscow TimesAug. 14 2015 00:00 Last edited 19:06

One in five residents of the Russian capital is overweight, according to RusIndex, an annual survey carried out by Synovate Comcon.

The RusIndex National Survey measures consumer motivations and preferences, sampling 28,000 individuals from 50 cities across 12 Russian regions.

While only 16 percent of Russians nationwide are overweight, 20.5 percent of Muscovites tip the scales at an unhealthy weight.

In a related statistic, the percentage of Muscovites who consider the food they eat to be healthy is lower than the national average — 56.3 percent compared to 59.3 percent.

Synovate Comcon analysts did note one positive trend in Moscow. According to their research, the percentage of Muscovites who ate chips and crackers regularly was 38.7 percent for the first half of 2015, down from 41 percent in the same period in 2014.http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/every-fifth-muscovite-is-overweight/527944.html

Yet another hit-piece by that western mouth-piece The Moscow Slimes.... Don't you get it man? They are all controlled by the 'Man'..!

AstarD
18-08-2015, 13:58
Sorry. I guess that RusIndex company must also be controlled by the fifth column.

bydand
18-08-2015, 17:54
Vossy never ate a pork chop?

vossy7
18-08-2015, 18:46
Vossy never ate a pork chop?

ha ha.....nice to hear from you mate.....love my PCs but never on a freaking stick.....that's only for politicians who can't use knives and forks :10518:

Fantastika
19-08-2015, 22:06
Did you ever look at the serving portions? In Russian restaurant, I order French fries, I get a small saucer. At Five Guys, I order fries, I get a 2 pound peanut-oiled greasy bagful, with a scoop of extras thrown in on top. Enough cholesterol to choke a horse. The Coca-cola is so super-sized, you need both hands to hold it. In the US, one pizza for one person. The more food, the better, the bigger profits for food companies. Maybe it's a law of nature - living things always seek to grow in size, the larger they become, the more control they exert of their environment? Is there some inner desire, some instinctual imperative to enhance the physical size of the body, to become more massive? Bigger is better?

When I was in Deutschland, I noticed the obesity problem was a lot worse in Northern Germany than in Bavaria...

Nobbynumbnuts
19-08-2015, 23:51
The reason why Americans suffer so from obesity is the fact that food is so cheap there. They are a victim of their own success. They have become so efficient at sourcing, production and distribution of food stuffs and commodities to a huge market of 350 million people that prices are low.

TolkoRaz
19-08-2015, 23:58
The reason why Americans suffer so from obesity is the fact that food is so cheap there. They are a victim of their own success. They have become so efficient at sourcing, production and distribution of food stuffs and commodities to a huge market of 350 million people that prices are low.

It is also because they drive almost everywhere and rarely walk! Fuel is so cheap; they jump in the cars / SUVs to drive 500 metres or less!

They also have all-day diners! Who needs to eat all-day? :D

Nobbynumbnuts
20-08-2015, 00:04
It is also because they drive almost everywhere and rarely walk! Fuel is so cheap; they jump in the cars / SUVs to drive 500 metres or less!........

Absolutely! Petrol is far too cheap in the states. They don't pay the real price (the price oil is/has cost Americans to secure it's supply) for it.
Cars are cheaper and generally larger too and guzzle way too much gas..

TolkoRaz
20-08-2015, 00:12
Absolutely! Petrol is far too cheap in the states. They don't pay the real price (the price oil is/has cost Americans to secure it's supply) for it.
Cars are cheaper and generally larger too and guzzle way too much gas..

Ahh, like the American car, their humans are too large and guzzle too much! Says it all! ;)

How many Smart cars are sold in the US of A? ;)

Nobbynumbnuts
20-08-2015, 00:19
...How many Smart cars are sold in the US of A? ;)

Very few but they have little need for them. Wide roads, cheap fuel etc.
US government should raise tax on gas in the states, won't happen of course but it would force people to downsize and consume less gas.

Russian Lad
20-08-2015, 02:34
I would say:
1) Coke, a lot of sugar in it
2) Large portions
3) Always going around by car

That said, I have seen many slim and relatively young Russian people die, and not because they are fat. I mean, we have to look at the life expectancy, not any of us will look very cute even if we make it to the old age, so in this respect, fat or thin - be glad you are still on the soil, not under it.

Fantastika
21-08-2015, 00:54
Wow, you guys are like the 3 men - deaf, dumb and blind, trying to describe an elephant...

The first reason Americans eat too much is that they are bombarded all day long with advertising describing succulent ambrosia instantly available from McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Subway, Dairy Queen, etc, 24/7. Also, you can not drive anywhere without seeing fast-food restaurants with big red and yellow signs screaming at you. It's very convenient to drive up to the window and get some dreamy Cholesterol, rather than going to the supermarket and shopping smartly.

You are right describing fat people in Russia, Deutschland and America - Americans walk a few steps to the garage, than drive to work, where they sit in a chair. A Russian woman will walk from the apartment to the bus stop, then walk from the bus stop to the work place, and usually there are several flights of stairs involved. Then the reverse process at night. So she gets 1-2 miles of exercise (walking) every day. She stays slim, while the Western woman gets no exercise (until she joins an exercise club).

Russian Lad
21-08-2015, 01:50
Wow, you guys are like the 3 men - deaf, dumb and blind, trying to describe an elephant...

The first reason Americans eat too much is that they are bombarded all day long with advertising describing succulent ambrosia instantly available from McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Subway, Dairy Queen, etc, 24/7. Also, you can not drive anywhere without seeing fast-food restaurants with big red and yellow signs screaming at you. It's very convenient to drive up to the window and get some dreamy Cholesterol, rather than going to the supermarket and shopping smartly.

You are right describing fat people in Russia, Deutschland and America - Americans walk a few steps to the garage, than drive to work, where they sit in a chair. A Russian woman will walk from the apartment to the bus stop, then walk from the bus stop to the work place, and usually there are several flights of stairs involved. Then the reverse process at night. So she gets 1-2 miles of exercise (walking) every day. She stays slim, while the Western woman gets no exercise (until she joins an exercise club).

Unlike us, you might be a well-hearing, smart and well-seeing woman, but here is the catch - Russia is #10 on the global death rate list, between Swaziland and Somalia, whereas the US is #94, between Norway and Switzerland. So, your brave, sporty Russian woman still seems to be in a much greater peril than her fat American counterpart: http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=26
I did mention it in my previous post, I thought you were paying attention.

bydand
26-08-2015, 08:14
Get on your bikes'n ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Fantastika
26-08-2015, 17:53
Unlike us, you might be a well-hearing, smart and well-seeing woman, but here is the catch - Russia is #10 on the global death rate list, between Swaziland and Somalia, whereas the US is #94, between Norway and Switzerland. So, your brave, sporty Russian woman still seems to be in a much greater peril than her fat American counterpart: http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=26
I did mention it in my previous post, I thought you were paying attention.

Well, last time I checked, the death rate was 100%, everywhere... :)

Fantastika
26-08-2015, 17:55
Ahh, like the American car, their humans are too large and guzzle too much! Says it all! ;)

How many Smart cars are sold in the US of A? ;)

Smart car? You mean the car from Google that drives itself, while you just sit in it as a passenger? Better enjoy driving now. I predict in 10 years smart cars will be mandatory and all road transportation government-regulated and monitored.