PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice, Rus! - Imported condoms no more.

penka
04-08-2015, 22:53
http://www.mk.ru/social/2015/08/04/prezervativy-mogut-stat-predmetom-roskoshi.html

I read, the locally produced ones are beyond cr*p. With the law on restrictive abortion in place the demographics should rocket.
STD as well, I presume, but that's a minor inconvenience:D

Judge
04-08-2015, 23:06
Putin's plan to increase the population is working, soon they will hit their target ...Actually I think they met their target when Crimea returned to Russia.

What can they think up next to ban, probably this is all talk and won't happen,it does make the news and for discussion,so far they have come up with banning western films,limiting how many can be shown here, we all know about the banned food,talk of banning English words,

I translated your link,

The document is published on the website of the government and is currently in the stage of public debate. It was developed back in February of this year, but now the list can be extended to 100 positions. In his plan to include infant incubators, defibrillators, X-ray machines, ultrasound scanners, ventilators, artificial limbs, crutches, bandages and much more. Now, buying all these items can be possible only in the absence of such proposals from Russian, Armenian, Belarusian and Kazakh producers

Really? If this is for real the people who propose such a banned should be banned from suggesting any future bans.Do these people try and out do one another and see who can come up with the most ridiculous ban.

penka
04-08-2015, 23:12
Putin's plan to increase the population is working, soon they will hit their target ...Actually I think they met their target when Crimea returned to Russia.

Children should be fed. And food, as we do know, costs.

By the way, I read from the next year they will increase the land taxes quite drastically (based on the cadastre i.e. market value of the 2013). Seems, dachas will become one expensive affair. Together with the home-grown potatoes.

Uncle Wally
04-08-2015, 23:26

By the way, I read from the next year they will increase the land taxes quite drastically (based on the cadastre i.e. market value of the 2013). Seems, dachas will become one expensive affair. Together with the home-grown potatoes.

Well isn't this in line with western practice? What are they doing in Greece? In the UK? All over Europe and America. It's the dam capitalist society!

Judge
04-08-2015, 23:26

Any links to the new land tax ?

penka
04-08-2015, 23:32
Any links to the new land tax ?

Sorry, it's in Russian:

http://www.mk.ru/mosobl/2015/07/23/strashnaya-vesna-2016-goda-novyy-nalog-na-zemlyu-stanet-shokom.html

Judge
04-08-2015, 23:42
Sorry, it's in Russian:

http://www.mk.ru/mosobl/2015/07/23/strashnaya-vesna-2016-goda-novyy-nalog-na-zemlyu-stanet-shokom.html

I put it through the translator, some high taxes to be paid for many, it will be a yearly thing, yes?

Carl
04-08-2015, 23:52
They should just ban everything.. Iphones, music, movies, Levis, Fords, Mercedes, Gucci, Macs, Polo, Evian... Every single thing produced in the gay loving decadent west. Ban it all. That would be funny..

penka
04-08-2015, 23:58
I put it through the translator, some high taxes to be paid for many, it will be a yearly thing, yes?

Yep. Trouble is the market value had been estimated a. 2013 (the market has changed since), b. arbitrary. And according to the article the tax burden will be too heavy for many.

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 00:03
They should just ban everything.. Iphones, music, movies, Levis, Fords, Mercedes, Gucci, Macs, Polo, Evian... Every single thing produced in the gay loving decadent west. Ban it all. That would be funny..

Yeah because you couldn't live without it Carl so it would be devastating for anyone.

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 00:32
Right, let's ban books in English too. It is clearly the propaganda of pernicious, dangerous and foreign Western values, even Shakespeare. Will we have Tetragramaton clerics like in Equilibrium and the feeling police? Rusmeister, wanna become a Tetragramaton cleric? You would look cool in uniform...

Oh, Penka is worried now?:) You don't sound as upbeat as a year-a year and a half ago. Have begun smelling the coffee finally? Catching the drift now?:) If so, good for you, better later than never.

Carl
05-08-2015, 00:46
Oh No.. I'm afraid you don't understand Willy. I no longer live in Russia fulltime. Where I live, in the crumbling hell hole of Europe, all those nice consumer items will still be freely available to anyone who might choose to purchase them. I do however spend a fare amount of time in the Great county of Russia every month tho.. As long as they don't ban the western hotel chains I should be alright. And as far as I can tell, the Russian political elites seem to enjoy those hotels as much as I do, so I don't think they'll be banning them any time soon..

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 01:43
Oh No.. I'm afraid you don't understand Willy. I no longer live in Russia fulltime. Where I live, in the crumbling hell hole of Europe, all those nice consumer items will still be freely available to anyone who might choose to purchase them. I do however spend a fare amount of time in the Great county of Russia every month tho.. As long as they don't ban the western hotel chains I should be alright. And as far as I can tell, the Russian political elites seem to enjoy those hotels as much as I do, so I don't think they'll be banning them any time soon..

Yes Carl and you will consume and consume and consume and once Africa gets tired of becoming your trash dump where are you going to pile your garbage? Yes Carl you live the ultimately cool life. You also strike me as someone who has never had children and thinks of no future other than your own. Yes Carl isn't life all about ourselves? Who cares if we leave our grandchildren in so much debt and trash that we as a species go the way of the dinosaurs but in a much quicker way or are enslaved by corporate masters. I know Carl you don't care that the road you are on is the road to destruction.

Carl
05-08-2015, 02:23
Well, no. You are wrong once again Willy. You see, recycling is huge where I live. They even teach it in school!! My little boy is like a recycling nazi!! How do you get it so wrong, so often? You are so consistent!!

rusmeister
05-08-2015, 06:06

I don't think the point would or should be to ban consumer goods as such. The question is, what is good for human society and what is bad? Is industrial capitalism, turning humans into "consumers" (is that what you are?) a good thing? Is that the best way for humans to live? (Noting that the powers that be don't want to think about such questions, either. Wealth in the here and now is the primary interest for most, and screw society and our children, as long as I get what I want...

In the same way, people don't want to think about what condoms are, what "birth control" is, what "sex" is, and so on. They just want their gratification now, and screw anyone that gets in the way of that, especially nasty, inconvenient children.

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 06:35
nothing in Russia is eaten as hot as it is cooked..
one can appeal the cost of the new tax. and most probably win, as it says in the article. the appraisers were crooked, nothing new here. also in September there are Duma elections, they want the votes, so for sure the law is going to be watered down, amended, re checked and re evaluated. the poorer people will get subsidies or any of the myriad brakes to avoid paying whatever.
it is not over until the fat lady has sung. and from the looks of it in Russia she sings always very late, if ever.....

JPS
05-08-2015, 07:42
Yes Carl and you will consume and consume and consume and once Africa gets tired of becoming your trash dump where are you going to pile your garbage? Yes Carl you live the ultimately cool life. You also strike me as someone who has never had children and thinks of no future other than your own. Yes Carl isn't life all about ourselves? Who cares if we leave our grandchildren in so much debt and trash that we as a species go the way of the dinosaurs but in a much quicker way or are enslaved by corporate masters. I know Carl you don't care that the road you are on is the road to destruction.

Crikey, you certainly know how to spout a load of verbal diarrhoea don't you? Apart from taking a swipe at Carl what has your reply to do with the original subject? What has Russia banning more imported goods got to do with rubbish and Africa?

PS As you are such a raving Russophile maybe you should be encouraging everybody here (in Russia) to recycle to save those poor Africans you obviously care for so much?

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 08:18
JPS if you search yahoo or google, you will find how much -electronic trash- is exported from the EU to Africa. Also how much ,and mostly poisonous/ contaminated, garbage-rubbish is being sent to Africa. how much second hand clothing or shoes are sent to Africa, third and fourth selection... destroying the local cotton/weaving/manufacturing industries. so he is right up to a certain point.
Russia for sure could do better than destroy the unlawfully imported foodstuffs and other things. though i wonder how many needy people will really like Parmesan, Brie,Camembert, or French wine? I would have another solution that would generate money. let them import ANYTHING they want. but tax it so high, to make it not worthwhile for all and sundry. who wants to have sour plonk from France, let them pay. Cognac? Armenia makes better ( though it is the French who are operating the yards there...) and use than the generated money for the needy.Who needs fat Austrian pork bellies (their export) or waxed Apples from last years harvest?. there ARE things that don't grow here, pineapples and coffee and cocoa, to use the standard answers.THESE items are not included anyway.
but get rid of unnecessary legislation, send the old -red- directors, managers, administrators and governors somewhere to a Caribic island on retirement, at government cost, comes cheaper than all the embezzlement they do here.let the farmers work, the entrepreneurs produce, without hindrance that is constructed artificially. wishful dreaming from my side i assume? does not even happen in the oh so nice EU,America or down under.....

JPS
05-08-2015, 08:27
I completely agree Ben about electronic trash arriving in Africa AND Asia. Recent EU recycling directives means that more of the waste has to be broken down "locally" within the EU rather than exported.

Russia on the other hand does very little recycling. I saw a post in here once with a photo of 3 recycling bins somewhere in Russia along with the comment about how the poor Tajik now has to empty 3 bags into one bigger bag.

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 08:46
PS As you are such a raving Russophile maybe you should be encouraging everybody here (in Russia) to recycle to save those poor Africans you obviously care for so much?

Indeed, Wally, those vodka bottles you consume daily with your Russian buddies, do you recycle them? Now I am deeply concerned about those poor African chaps too...:coffee:

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 08:57
Crikey, you certainly know how to spout a load of verbal diarrhoea don't you? Apart from taking a swipe at Carl what has your reply to do with the original subject? What has Russia banning more imported goods got to do with rubbish and Africa?

I care about the whole world not only about Russia and the way the west thinks we should live is unsustainable. Funny that Carl thinks life is not possible without an iPhone and just because his boy is a "recycling nazi" his kid and his kids kids are safe.

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 09:01
JPC we have them all over the place. and not only in our park. there are 4 trash cans, nicely painted and written on what is supposed to be put into. nothing much works. in one hotel that i was working, it is hotel policy to recycle and separate trash. when we asked the yard if we could have separate bins/containers, they said,no need, because in the end everything goes into one truck anyway. only thing they were strict about was the old used fat from the deep fryers. we needed a contract, containers, a book where we had to write into when we changed the oil and also with WHAT we replaced it. coconut oil, soy oil, sunflower oil or lard. food waste was separated and collected by a ( private ) pig farmer. commercial pig farmers are not allowed by law to feed their pigs food waste.
it will take time and time.. in Austria they started with recycling when i was a kid, now i am an old man.and they still have not gotten it all right there... they should make trash collection much more expensive. MUCH more. only things that cost are appreciated or something will be done about. such are we...

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 09:01
Indeed, Wally, those vodka bottles you consume daily with your Russian buddies, do you recycle them? Now I am deeply concerned about those poor African chaps too...:coffee:

Most of my Russian buddies have given up drinking or never really drank at all. What you think I want to hang out drunkards?

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 09:08
JPC we have them all over the place. and not only in our park. there are 4 trash cans, nicely painted and written on what is supposed to be put into. nothing much works. in one hotel that i was working, it is hotel policy to recycle and separate trash. when we asked the yard if we could have separate bins/containers, they said,no need, because in the end everything goes into one truck anyway. only thing they were strict about was the old used fat from the deep fryers. we needed a contract, containers, a book where we had to write into when we changed the oil and also with WHAT we replaced it. coconut oil, soy oil, sunflower oil or lard. food waste was separated and collected by a ( private ) pig farmer. commercial pig farmers are not allowed by law to feed their pigs food waste.
it will take time and time.. in Austria they started with recycling when i was a kid, now i am an old man.and they still have not gotten it all right there... they should make trash collection much more expensive. MUCH more. only things that cost are appreciated or something will be done about. such are we...

I am working on just getting everyone to put their trash into a bin first never mind the correct one. Some places in some parks are a mess. After that then we can work on recycling.

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 09:08
What you think I want to hang out drunkards?

Well, you seem to be an alcoholic, so I assume you hang around drunkards, yes.:) On the other hand, I haven't met too many alcoholics who would admit they are alcoholics...

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 09:09
the stereotype unfortunately is, -every one- in Russia is pouring down Vodka, the Germans/Austrians are eating only sausages and pork knuckles, the Americans only burgers and fries. Every italian is a mafioso and the greeks don't like to work and eat only sheep heads,Feta and Olives.
hard to die these things....

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 09:12
Well, I haven't claimed every Russian is an alcoholic. I used to be one though.:) These days I need a clear head, so I quit it. Who knows, I may resume the habit later...

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 09:17
Well, you seem to be an alcoholic, so I assume you hang around drunkards, yes.:) On the other hand, I haven't met too many alcoholics who would admit they are alcoholics...

I'm working on it, give it time. I have only been at it for three years now. It's just starting to take hold of me.

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 09:21
RL i think you are far out of bounds with your comments. Admin should react and put you at least in the sin bin for a few days. Personal attacks are not allowed on the site, should you have forgotten the rules?

JPS
05-08-2015, 09:31
I am working on just getting everyone to put their trash into a bin first never mind the correct one. Some places in some parks are a mess. After that then we can work on recycling.

That I completely agree with.

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 09:38
RL i think you are far out of bounds with your comments. Admin should react and put you at least in the sin bin for a few days. Personal attacks are not allowed on the site, should you have forgotten the rules?

No that's ok Ben I don't mind it coming from him so much. Anyway he is kind off right I am on my way to becoming alcoholic. Like everything else I'm just better at it than most.

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 09:39

Do you see Wally screaming objections? He claimed many times himself he drinks a lot.

No that's ok Ben I don't mind it coming from him so much. Anyway he is kind off right I am on my way to becoming alcoholic. Like everything else I'm just better at it than most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYKxrn51daI

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 09:42
Do you see Wally screaming objections? He claimed many times himself he drinks a lot.

Everyday RL, though the amount does vary.

penka
05-08-2015, 20:18
Oh yes! Onishenko has talked: no evil condoms - hurray for demographics.
http://www.novayagazeta.ru/news/1695676.html

Ah, forgot to add, medical equipment (for oral surgery, ophthalmology, defibrillators, etc etc), prosthetics, disinfectants are prohibited for import as well.
That should certainly raise the level of religious awareness of the populus. Read your prayers.

JPS
05-08-2015, 23:12
Oh yes! Onishenko has talked: no evil condoms - hurray for demographics.
http://www.novayagazeta.ru/news/1695676.html

Ah, forgot to add, medical equipment (for oral surgery, ophthalmology, defibrillators, etc etc), prosthetics, disinfectants are prohibited for import as well.
That should certainly raise the level of religious awareness of the populus. Read your prayers.

Yes, catch a disease because you can't buy condoms you trust, end up in hospital and can't get a scan then you have a heart attack and can't be "shocked" back to life. Not a very sensible decision in my opinion.

penka
05-08-2015, 23:27
Yes, catch a disease because you can't buy condoms you trust, end up in hospital and can't get a scan then you have a heart attack and can't be "shocked" back to life. Not a very sensible decision in my opinion.

I wonder, what comrade, sorry, Father Chaplin has to say on the matter. The one that said some time ago, sufferings are good for the soul.

As for the Ministry of Health... Well, there is a joke I heard: Pushkin died at 37. And what have YOU done for your country?

rusmeister
06-08-2015, 04:26
One wonders whether you wish any intelligent discussion of the matter.
Chaplin has, on occasion, said things that I think true and right, as on other occasions he has said things I think quite wrong. But the real problem is if you look to him to get the best view you can get of Orthodox understandings. I do say it is regrettable that he is a spokesman for the Church. But nothing in that whole issue changes the basic fact that the teachings of the Church on sex are right and true, and more rational than any ideas that disagree with them.

On the idea of suffering being good for the soul, assuming your quote of him is correct, he is quite right, and the idea is very defensible. Do you really wish to ridicule him for that?

For the rest, it is as I said in my earlier post: "The question is, what is good for human society and what is bad? Is industrial capitalism, turning humans into "consumers" (is that what you are?) a good thing? Is that the best way for humans to live? (Noting that the powers that be don't want to think about such questions, either. Wealth in the here and now is the primary interest for most, and screw society and our children, as long as I get what I want...

In the same way, people don't want to think about what condoms are, what "birth control" is, what "sex" is, and so on. They just want their gratification now, and screw anyone that gets in the way of that, especially nasty, inconvenient children."

I said people don't want to think about it, and lo and behold, all subsequent posts have proved my point! Let's talk about drinking, or heart attacks, or anything but thinking about what sex IS with our brains instead of our genitals.

Russian Lad
06-08-2015, 05:05
So, Rus, would you ban condoms altogether if you had power to do that?

penka
06-08-2015, 10:19
One wonders whether you wish any intelligent discussion of the matter.
Chaplin has, on occasion, said things that I think true and right, as on other occasions he has said things I think quite wrong. But the real problem is if you look to him to get the best view you can get of Orthodox understandings. I do say it is regrettable that he is a spokesman for the Church. But nothing in that whole issue changes the basic fact that the teachings of the Church on sex are right and true, and more rational than any ideas that disagree with them.

On the idea of suffering being good for the soul, assuming your quote of him is correct, he is quite right, and the idea is very defensible. Do you really wish to ridicule him for that?

For the rest, it is as I said in my earlier post: "The question is, what is good for human society and what is bad? Is industrial capitalism, turning humans into "consumers" (is that what you are?) a good thing? Is that the best way for humans to live? (Noting that the powers that be don't want to think about such questions, either. Wealth in the here and now is the primary interest for most, and screw society and our children, as long as I get what I want...

In the same way, people don't want to think about what condoms are, what "birth control" is, what "sex" is, and so on. They just want their gratification now, and screw anyone that gets in the way of that, especially nasty, inconvenient children."

I said people don't want to think about it, and lo and behold, all subsequent posts have proved my point! Let's talk about drinking, or heart attacks, or anything but thinking about what sex IS with our brains instead of our genitals.

I am trying not to ridicule but to make sense.

- Suffering is good for the soul.
So, if someone is sick and suffering, no medication, no medical help is actually needed. Suffering is good.
- Logically, all deprivation of any comfort is good as well.
- Since a human is a feeble being, it's good to take away anything that might, even potentially aid to that dangerous comfort as a human can be far too easily led into temptation.

All logical.

JPS
06-08-2015, 10:49
All logical.

Unfortunately religious believe is and never will be logical. Believing in (a) deity / deities that cannot be shown to exist and where everything that happens is "gods will", good or bad.

No proof, no reasons, no logic. Only ever a subjective interpretation and nothing more.

penka
06-08-2015, 11:46
Unfortunately religious believe is and never will be logical. Believing in (a) deity / deities that cannot be shown to exist and where everything that happens is "gods will", good or bad.

No proof, no reasons, no logic. Only ever a subjective interpretation and nothing more.

You might be right. Though, I think, faith can be comforting.

But what I am talking about are humans, interpreting faith, putting themselves in position of authority and applying their interpretations to the lives of other humans, leaving the latter with no right to free will, free choice or any private life. That is hardly about faith and does bear the internal logic.

rusmeister
06-08-2015, 13:53
I am trying not to ridicule but to make sense.

- Suffering is good for the soul.
So, if someone is sick and suffering, no medication, no medical help is actually needed. Suffering is good.
- Logically, all deprivation of any comfort is good as well.
- Since a human is a feeble being, it's good to take away anything that might, even potentially aid to that dangerous comfort as a human can be far too easily led into temptation.

All logical.

You folks certainly don't want to understand what we might mean by saying that suffering may be good for the soul. You want to put ridiculous words into our mouths for us, and then accuse us of believing ridiculous things.

You then proceed to complain about us - or anyone, if you are sincere - "putting ourselves in a position of authority and applying our interpretations..."
If you have ever voted in an election, you are guilty of that. If a thing is true, you absolutely believe in applying your interpretations. The issue is not about "applying interpretations", for that cannot be avoided no matter what you do, but about what is good, right and true. And once things are put in those terms, you have no case at all, so naturally, you want to avoid talking about truth.

You guys talk about logic. But to quote a famous Spanish swordsman, "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

FatAndy
06-08-2015, 14:10
As for the Ministry of Health... Well, there is a joke I heard: Pushkin died at 37. And what have YOU done for your country?
Penochka, it was about RF Pension Fund, not Ministry of Health ;)

penka
06-08-2015, 17:10
Penochka, it was about RF Pension Fund, not Ministry of Health ;)

:) Duly noted!