PDA

View Full Version : The Expat Exodus

Judge
04-08-2015, 22:15
There will be only a handful of expats left if this trend continues.

Foreigners living and working in Russia have also been leaving the country en masse of their own accord, due to the economic crisis. Since January 2014, 41 percent of Spanish nationals, 38 percent of British nationals, 36 percent of U.S. nationals and 31 percent of German nationals residing in the country have left, the Federal Migration Service said last month.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/news/article/deportations-of-foreigners-increase-by-21-percent-in-moscow/526964.html

Judge
04-08-2015, 22:23
Now found another article, it's not just an Expat exodus,

Figures on the Internet vary concerning the scale of the exodus. Some put the number at 200,000 over the past two years. Official statistics claim that only 20,000 Russians have moved abroad during that period. And the departure of each prominent public figure is accompanied by malevolent — and perhaps envious — cries of, "Yet another one has fallen out of the nest and chosen freedom," or else, "That's what this bloody regime deserves."

Russkie Lad, have you started writing for The Moscow Times:watching:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/will-russias-brain-drain-dry-up-op-ed/527001.html

penka
04-08-2015, 22:30
Quite shocking, isn't it.

I wonder, when the Big Foreign Land will shut its borders.

Carl
04-08-2015, 23:55
They should ban Russians from leaving..

Judge
04-08-2015, 23:56
Quite shocking, isn't it.

Not really,us expats are a fickle lot,here today, gone tomorrow. :10475:

I wonder, when the Big Foreign Land will shut its borders
For the whole population, hard to imagine,best to get a 2nd or 3rd passport then.

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 00:00
RL is going to have a field day with this.

Judge
05-08-2015, 00:04
RL is going to have a field day with this.

He doesn't visit this cafe,so we are safe.:AngelPray:

penka
05-08-2015, 00:08
Not really,us expats are a fickle lot,here today, gone tomorrow. :10475:

For the whole population, hard to imagine,best to get a 2nd or 3rd passport then.

Well, maybe, Europe will shut its gates, who knows.
But among some Russians there is a lot of talk of "not being late for the last train".

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 01:34
He doesn't visit this cafe,so we are safe.

Good evening, khe-khe. Surprise.
As to the thread subject, I have nothing to say. I have said it all many times.

Uncle Wally
05-08-2015, 02:00
Good evening, khe-khe. Surprise.
As to the thread subject, I have nothing to say. I have said it all many times.

I think they call it "gloating" and I know you love to do it. Go ahead flop and splash around and tell us you knew it. Puff yourself up in your own mind, it's still got you no where and there is still time.

Russian Lad
05-08-2015, 02:25
I think they call it "gloating" and I know you love to do it.

Yes, Wally, I am gloating. I promised I would a year and a half ago, so I assume it should not come as a big surprise. But I am only warming up, Wally. Most of the gloating is still ahead.:) And I plan to enjoy it. :neiner: It is nice to see my predictions come true, it means I haven't been mistaken.
It is also good for Russia, by the way - the sooner we reach the bottom, the sooner the recovery will commence. Maybe you will even quit drinking and will try to look around with sober eyes, like I did two years ago. There is still time...

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 06:38
i only believe statistics that i fake myself.....

Judge
05-08-2015, 08:54
Who knows anyone that's leaving, so far I know of one expat/Rus family leaving,
I was told t cos of the exchange rate, teachers abroad have lost lots of Russian students, the demand for Skype lesson is down about 60%.

Benedikt
05-08-2015, 09:06
in my line of work, many work on contract. opening/pre opening. and than for 2 years. during that time many GM's,F&B's,Chefs train their local deputies. after that many go on to a new opening and do the same all over again. for the same company or something new.

americaninmoscow
06-08-2015, 17:12
just look at the moving sales on facebook groups. seems as if there are plenty of people that are on the way out....

Uncle Wally
06-08-2015, 18:03
Yes, Wally, I am gloating. I promised I would a year and a half ago, so I assume it should not come as a big surprise. But I am only warming up, Wally. Most of the gloating is still ahead.:) And I plan to enjoy it. :neiner: It is nice to see my predictions come true, it means I haven't been mistaken.
It is also good for Russia, by the way - the sooner we reach the bottom, the sooner the recovery will commence. Maybe you will even quit drinking and will try to look around with sober eyes, like I did two years ago. There is still time...

It is not only Russia, there is a big problem all over the world. Saudi Arabia is going to start issuing bonds to the tune of 65 billion dollars. Ukraine will collapse before Russia and Iraq is in very bad shape. Japan is just hanging on and Greece, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium and a few South American countries aren't looking so good and then there is China.

Oh and you were a lot funnier when you drank.

Russian Lad
06-08-2015, 18:09
It is not only Russia, there is a big problem all over the world. Saudi Arabia is going to start issuing bonds to the tune of 65 billion dollars. Ukraine will collapse before Russia and Iraq is in very bad shape. Japan is just hanging on and Greece, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium and a few South American countries aren't looking so good and then there is China.

Attention diversion attempt detected.:)

Yes, it is less fun. But there are other benefits.

Carl
06-08-2015, 18:40

And let us not forget... The EU collapse in October, soon to be followed by the US of A. The ruble will be KING..(when?) The dollar and euro will be used for wiping ones backside..(when?) Gold will increase in price dramatically.. (when?) The US of A will invade Russia..(when?) And... have I left anything out Willy?

Nobbynumbnuts
06-08-2015, 19:29
And let us not forget... The EU collapse in October, soon to be followed by the US of A. The ruble will be KING..(when?) The dollar and euro will be used for wiping ones backside..(when?) Gold will increase in price dramatically.. (when?) The US of A will invade Russia..(when?) And... have I left anything out Willy?

You forgot, the price of oil isn't going any lower! lol :D :11581:

Benedikt
06-08-2015, 22:02
as long as they ask for 1 and 2 rooms apartments for 20 and 30 000 rubles rent, and apparently get what they ask for, can't be to bad here...