PDA

View Full Version : what does this pictogram mean?

Benedikt
25-07-2015, 19:47
i was walking along in a side street between Red Square and Gostinny Dvor and saw that sign on the wall of a building. no other explanation or signage. therefore it must be something known only to insiders. or people who know what they need. the sign was rather hight up on the building, so it could/would be seen from the windows of a truck? about 2 m below was a little red metal -door- on the wall, i would assume a connection for a hose?
a underground river/channel/ scours of flowing water?

Fantastika
28-07-2015, 00:32
i was walking along in a side street between Red Square and Gostinny Dvor and saw that sign on the wall of a building. no other explanation or signage. therefore it must be something known only to insiders. or people who know what they need. the sign was rather hight up on the building, so it could/would be seen from the windows of a truck? about 2 m below was a little red metal -door- on the wall, i would assume a connection for a hose?
a underground river/channel/ scours of flowing water?

Пожарный водоисточник, or "fire-water source." :)

Benedikt
28-07-2015, 07:26
Пожарный водоисточник, or "fire-water source." :)

because -normally- there is written on the building walls where are the gas,water and the likes.

Fantastika
03-08-2015, 06:25
Anybody know what this is?

I think it has something to do with farm animals, I got it at an auction at a nearby cattle farm... 289082890928910

TolkoRaz
03-08-2015, 08:36
It seems somewhat too small, but it might be for hanging a horse's bridle?

vossy7
03-08-2015, 10:25
It's a brass horseshoe holder which is screwed to the wall , the hook is for other horse tackle!

TolkoRaz
03-08-2015, 11:28
And, herewith a modern bridle hanging equivalent...

Fantastika
03-08-2015, 13:58
It's a brass horseshoe holder which is screwed to the wall , the hook is for other horse tackle!

Thanks, Vossy, this had me really puzzled. At the auction, I got the idea it had something to do with holding a pig's snout. :)

FYI everyone, if you haven't noticed, Google has added Image Recognition to their search engine. You can now search Google Images by image, not just words...That's how I was able to figure out what Bennie's OP pictogram was...:)