PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's registration

christiano27
23-07-2015, 18:42
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on how I can solve the following predicament:

Daughter was born 7/7, I had to leave Russia and now am in the UK, wife can't register daughter without my permission. Wife went to UFMS and they said I need to send my permission to them.

This is all fine but where can I get this done in the UK? Can I go to any solicitor or a Police station where they can certify that I wrote the letter or will I have to send the letter off to the embassy?

Have no idea what to do, such a needlessly complicated situation...

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Benedikt
23-07-2015, 19:07
Thanks in advance,

Christian[/QUOTE]

and don't forget, your wife is in Russia, and russian is the language here, so it will be a good idea that this paper is also translated into russian language.
want to be on top of it on the safe side, put an Apostille to the whole thing. the more stamps and pretty ribbons, the more thy like it here.

tonytony
23-07-2015, 23:10
and don't forget, your wife is in Russia, and russian is the language here, so it will be a good idea that this paper is also translated into russian language.
want to be on top of it on the safe side, put an Apostille to the whole thing. the more stamps and pretty ribbons, the more thy like it here.

Read what Benedikt says. That is absolutely correct.

My experience is from about five years ago so things may have changed. It also wasn't for FMS but for another organisation.

I made a declaration in front of a solicitor in the UK and got him to stamp it with his firm's stamp. Nobody in Russia was interested in that.

The Russian consulate in London - or Edinburgh if you're Scottish - do translations and stamp them with very impressive looking stamps saying that the Russian Consul in London has done something or approved something with regard to this translation. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was very impressive.

This was accepted with no problem at all in Russia and, back then, it was quite cheap to do at the Conulate.

I don't know if they still do this, but perhaps try the Russian Consulate in London and ask to speak to the Notary Section and explain to them what you need to do and ask for their advice.

Hans.KK
24-07-2015, 01:06
put an Apostille to the whole thing.Sorry but you can only get Appostille on official documents from a official authority, OP need a "private" document.