PDA

View Full Version : MH17: Russian separatist leader sued for $900 million by crash victims

Nobbynumbnuts
16-07-2015, 13:18
Looks like victims are not even bothering to wait for the results of the official inquiry, out later in the year...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11742865/MH-17-Russian-separatist-leader-sued-for-900-million-by-crash-victims.html

FatAndy
16-07-2015, 13:45
Sure, independent reputable Western media already pointed who is guilty.

Nobbynumbnuts
16-07-2015, 13:52
Sure, independent reputable Western media already pointed who is guilty.

You can't blame the western media.
If they didn't report it, would that mean he wasn't being been sued by the families?
I'm surprised they are suing him before the results of the investigation.

penka
16-07-2015, 14:07
Western media pointed out the guilty one already BEFORE the investigation.

penka
16-07-2015, 14:08
If they didn't report it, would that mean he wasn't being been sued by the families?

Since the Malaysian Airlines are also found partially guilty, are we to expect another lawsuit in the making?:question:

Nobbynumbnuts
16-07-2015, 14:16

The article i posted doesn't say anyone is guilty
'Igor Girkin formally accused of orchestrating the shooting down of the Malaysia Airlines flight in east Ukraine'

He's being sued in a court in Chicago. My point is that the families are not waiting for the result of the inquiry.

Nobbynumbnuts
16-07-2015, 14:18
Since the Malaysian Airlines are also found partially guilty, are we to expect another lawsuit in the making?:question:

Ah, you didn't read the article, naughty girl! ;)
A lawsuit has also been taken out against Malaysian Airlines for negligence..

penka
16-07-2015, 14:25
Ah, you didn't read the article, naughty girl! ;)
A lawsuit has also been taken out against Malaysian Airlines for negligence..

Okok!:)

Uncle Wally
16-07-2015, 16:08

Why not? They keep saying over and over that it was Russians. How do they know? The investigation is secret so how could they know anything?

Russian Lad
16-07-2015, 16:33
Why is Russia strongly against the tribunal?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Don't we want to punish properly (and to the maximum) the alleged Ukrainian criminals???:) Now there is a new version in the Russian mainstream media - it was a Jewish missile attached to an Ukr jet fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKNqlcN-Yc... Wally should love this version. Of course - let's blame the Jews now... Bingo. It is like version #5 or #10 from the Russian side, I have lost count. Almaz-Antey was claiming it was a Buk just some time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3IEzyLnyA

Penka, let's give a slack to the Western media, maybe they watched the Russian news on that day and just picked it up? Ref.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DklE9wr6_xg

Benedikt
16-07-2015, 16:45
Looks like victims are not even bothering to wait for the results of the official inquiry, out later in the year...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/11742865/MH-17-Russian-separatist-leader-sued-for-900-million-by-crash-victims.html

i wonder how much money each victim will get. and how much for lawyers, fees, expenses and the likes. could and for sure will drag on for years. and the pen pushers will write hours for that....

Nobbynumbnuts
16-07-2015, 17:36
I've got to say as far as blame goes it's not looking good for Russia.
We are now a long way from their original claim that MH17 was shot down by fighter jet, i believe this has already been discounted. This was then followed by other claims from the Russian side as to the cause.

Seems Igor Girkin posted on his social media account that 'we'd warned them not to fly over our territory' (words to that effect) and included a picture of the smoke trail from the BUK. Then it was quickly removed.
Looks to me like Russia's defense is going to be 'it's all a conspiracy'

Let's see...

Uncle Wally
16-07-2015, 23:09
I've got to say as far as blame goes it's not looking good for Russia.
We are now a long way from their original claim that MH17 was shot down by fighter jet, i believe this has already been discounted. This was then followed by other claims from the Russian side as to the cause.

Seems Igor Girkin posted on his social media account that 'we'd warned them not to fly over our territory' (words to that effect) and included a picture of the smoke trail from the BUK. Then it was quickly removed.
Looks to me like Russia's defense is going to be 'it's all a conspiracy'

Let's see...

All they have is circumstantial evidence. There is nothing that would hold up in court. You know next to nothing about all the evidence they have and you have already convicted Russia.

The timing of all this coming out now also seems like a cover for what is going on in Ukraine now. This is in the news whilst the trouble Ukraine is have with their nazi is not.

Russian Lad
16-07-2015, 23:39
So, Wally, care to answer my simple question I asked above?

Uncle Wally
16-07-2015, 23:48
So, Wally, care to answer my simple question I asked above?

Because the simple fact that the investigation is not over yet. It is my understanding that there are two investigations on going, one aviation and one criminal. Once the aviation investigation is over the criminal investigation can go ahead. Once the investigations are done a tribunal I guess take place. The Dutch have said it will take at least until the end of 2015 and the criminal investigation longer.

Russian Lad
16-07-2015, 23:52
Because the simple fact that the investigation is not over yet. It is my understanding that there are two investigations on going, one aviation and one criminal. Once the aviation investigation is over the criminal investigation can go ahead. Once the investigations are done a tribunal I guess take place. The Dutch have said it will take at least until the end of 2015 and the criminal investigation longer.

Sure, fine, we can wait, we have time and those who died have even more time than we do - to wait for the justice to be served. But as I understand, Russia is against a tribunal in principle - now or at any given time in the future. My question stands. Why?

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 00:01
i wonder how much money each victim will get. and how much for lawyers, fees, expenses and the likes. could and for sure will drag on for years. and the pen pushers will write hours for that....

I didn't see this post before..

I think that the reason this case has come to court in the US is because the payouts (if you win) are generally the largest there. Although how this one soldier will ever be able to meet the financial responsibility laid down by the court is beyond me. Perhaps if the families get a conviction against him, they think they will be able to proceed and and get a conviction against the Russian government.
But surely everything depends on the results of the inquiry which hasn't concluded yet..

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 00:10
Sure, fine, we can wait, we have time and those who died have even more time than we do - to wait for the justice to be served. But as I understand, Russia is against a tribunal in principle - now or at any given time in the future. My question stands. Why?

As I understand it Putin talked today to the Dutch president and they agreed there is no need for it now but that those responsible will come to justice.

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 00:15
As I understand it Putin talked today to the Dutch president and they agreed there is no need for it now but that those responsible will come to justice.

It still doesn't answer my simple question, even if it is true (I am not sure it is, any links to prove this?). What, all of a sudden even Wally's imagination fails to cough up anything remotely coherent and plausible?:) Hehe Ok, I have a suggestion - maybe it is a dire conspiracy of the international community against Russia? Try something along those lines and maybe sprinkle it with a Jewish trace for a good measure, at least on the sidelines. It may work.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 00:21
This all reminds me of 9/11 when one hour after the planes crash bin laden had his photo all over the tv and to this day there is not one bit of evidence that he had anything to do with it. There is much more evidence that Saudi Arabia and Israel had something to do with it but all that was closed like the 28 pages of the report or the "dancing Israelis" who were caught filming the first plane hit and celebrating it with high fives and dancing around. There was even traces of explosives found in the van they were driving! Or the other Israelis that were caught with explosives in their van near the George Washington bridge!

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 00:23
It still doesn't answer my simple question, even if it is true (I am not sure it is, any links to prove this?). What, all of a sudden even Wally's imagination fails to cough up anything remotely coherent and plausible?:) Hehe Ok, I have a suggestion - maybe it is a dire conspiracy of the international community against Russia Try something along those lines and maybe sprinkle it with a Jewish trace for a good measure.

Sorry on my phone so no links. I think it was on your favorite news RT.

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 00:36
It still doesn't answer my simple question, even if it is true (I am not sure it is, any links to prove this?). What, all of a sudden even Wally's imagination fails to cough up anything remotely coherent and plausible?:) Hehe Ok, I have a suggestion - maybe it is a dire conspiracy of the international community against Russia? Try something along those lines and maybe sprinkle it with a Jewish trace for a good measure, at least on the sidelines. It may work.

What's worrying the Kremlin is this:

" A draft UN resolution, obtained by AFP, calls for establishing the tribunal under Chapter 7 of the UN charter, which means that the court's efforts to prosecute those responsible could be enforced by sanctions

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 00:41
" A draft UN resolution, obtained by AFP, calls for establishing the tribunal under Chapter 7 of the UN charter, which means that the court's efforts to prosecute those responsible could be enforced by sanctions

Russia will veto this resolution, as I understand. I keep wondering why though. Since they are so sure Ukraine did it.

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 00:47
Russia will veto this resolution, as I understand. I keep wondering why though. Since they are so sure Ukraine did it.

That's why the EU are pushing for a decision on what punishment to be handed out to the perpetrators before the perpetrators have been identified. Putin want an decision after the perpetrators have been identified-for obvious reasons i presume..

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 00:53
Ok, let's hope Wally figures out an excuse eventually. I am lost for words...:9456::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:05
Ok, let's hope Wally figures out an excuse eventually. I am lost for words...:9456::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Yes I know you are. You see nothing wrong with CNN reporting it was Russia's fault with no evidence that this is true. To me it makes this all stink but then again you have an agenda.

Tell me this. When Ukraine accidently shot down a Russian passenger jet was they a tribunal? When America accidentally shot down an Iranian passenger jet was there a tribunal?

The correct answer is NO

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 03:08
Tribunal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbDKl4rNxc

When Ukraine accidently shot down a Russian passenger jet was they a tribunal? When America accidentally shot down an Iranian passenger jet was there a tribunal?

The correct answer is NO

No there was no tribunal, the circumstances were very different though. But you are not answering my question. It is a simple question without an agenda, I would accept any logical answer, without a far-fetched whataboutism and global conspiracy theories with the Jews emerging at a certain point. I mean, I will be glad to see any logical explanation. If the Ukrainians did it I will surely want them to be punished for this, without any mercy for the perpetrators.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:10
That's why the EU are pushing for a decision on what punishment to be handed out to the perpetrators before the perpetrators have been identified. Putin want an decision after the perpetrators have been identified-for obvious reasons i presume..

You know your grammar is much better in the day than at night. Alcohol wouldn't have anything to do with that would it?

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:14
Tribunal:

No there was no tribunal, the circumstances were very different though. But you are not answering my question. It is a simple question without an agenda, I would accept any logical answer.

Why were they different? All three were "accidentally" shot down. Are you trying to say that this plane was shot down on purpose so as to kill Dutch citizens by Ukrainian rebels? For what reason? So the world would turn against their cause?

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:17
Tribunal:

No there was no tribunal, the circumstances were very different though. But you are not answering my question. It is a simple question without an agenda, I would accept any logical answer, without a far-fetched whataboutism and global conspiracy theories with the Jews emerging at a certain point.

Funny you should mention Jews. Some are now saying it was a Israeli air to air missile that hit the plane.

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 03:19
Funny you should mention Jews. Some are now saying it was a Israeli air to air missile that hit the plane.

I know, that's why I mentioned them.

Why were they different? All three were "accidentally" shot down. Are you trying to say that this plane was shot down on purpose so as to kill Dutch citizens by Ukrainian rebels? For what reason? So the world would turn against their cause?

The circumstances that led to them can hardly be compared. But you are still missing the point. Let me run it again by you, in case you are still sobering up and cannot focus: if the Ukrainians did it, why Russia strongly objects to the tribunal which would let the global community punish the perpetrators to the maximum??? It is as simple as 2+2, Wally, try again.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:21

Ah, so are paying attention!

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 03:25
Ah, so are paying attention!

More than you do I guess, if you care to re-read my post #10 on page 1 here.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:28

The circumstances that led to them can hardly be compared. But you are still missing the point. Let me run it again by you, if you are still sobering up and cannot focus: if the Ukrainians did it, why Russia strongly objects to the tribunal which would let the global community punish the perpetrators to the maximum??? It is as simple as 2+2. Wally, try again.

Maybe cause America has said "it just knows" who shot it down. Anyway I am sure the guilty will be punished. You're not so sure? Russia is already being punished for it with stronger sanctions and there hasn't been one bit of concrete evidence to suggest Russia had anything to do with it.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 03:31
More than you do I guess, if you care to re-read my post #10 on page 1 here.

Maybe tomorrow I'm going to sleep ��

Oh and I haven't drank a drop today. Taking a break.

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 03:34
Oh and I haven't drank a drop today. Taking a break.

That's commendable.

I am sure the guilty will be punished. You're not so sure?

This is absolutely correct, I don't have a single doubt about it.

Benedikt
17-07-2015, 07:54
, they think they will be able to proceed and and get a conviction against the Russian government.

he was not a (russian) army regular, or employed by Russia or whatever. now they have to proof that it was so. will take forever and a day, i would assume....

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 08:08
..and to make matters worse

"Foreign Minister Julie Bishop is sickened by footage apparently showing Russian-backed rebels ransacking luggage of passengers in the aftermath of the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.
Bishop said she couldn’t verify the authenticity of the video published by News Corp Australia.
“It is sickening to watch and 12 months on from the downing of MH17 it is deeply concerning that this footage has emerged now,” Bishop told the Nine Network."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/17/footage-of-russian-backed-rebels-looting-mh17-luggage-is-sickening-julie-bishop-says

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 08:14
, they think they will be able to proceed and and get a conviction against the Russian government.

he was not a (russian) army regular, or employed by Russia or whatever. now they have to proof that it was so. will take forever and a day, i would assume....

No he wasn't Russian but perhaps their aim is to try and prove the Kremlin was backing him. It all depends what the investigators have found, i suppose.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 11:05
..and to make matters worse

"Foreign Minister Julie Bishop is sickened by footage apparently showing Russian-backed rebels ransacking luggage of passengers in the aftermath of the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.
Bishop said she couldn’t verify the authenticity of the video published by News Corp Australia.
“It is sickening to watch and 12 months on from the downing of MH17 it is deeply concerning that this footage has emerged now,” Bishop told the Nine Network."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/17/footage-of-russian-backed-rebels-looting-mh17-luggage-is-sickening-julie-bishop-says

Yes it is "deeply concerning" that this comes out now with all it's lies and distortions.

Armoured
17-07-2015, 11:37
Tell me this. When Ukraine accidently shot down a Russian passenger jet was they a tribunal?

No, because Ukraine admitted to it and paid compensation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/1359353/Ukraine-admits-it-shot-down-Russian-airliner.html

When America accidentally shot down an Iranian passenger jet was there a tribunal?

An amicable settlement was reached between Iran and the US and registered/filed with the International Court of Justice. If you read the document, it refers to 'cases pending before the Iran-US Claims Tribunal.' So actually there was a tribunal, but they settled.

http://www.icj-cij.org/docket/files/79/11131.pdf

The correct answer is NO

Not in any meaningful sense. There's no need for a tribunal if the parties to the incident agree as to facts and agree a settlement.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 12:29
Not in any meaningful sense. There's no need for a tribunal if the parties to the incident agree as to facts and agree a settlement.

And we all know that the USofA will never let that happen. "We just know" is not something to condemn Russia on. You can't understand that this happened in Ukraine and America attacks Russia for it? Nothing wrong with that?

Armoured
17-07-2015, 13:51
And we all know that the USofA will never let that happen. "We just know" is not something to condemn Russia on. You can't understand that this happened in Ukraine and America attacks Russia for it? Nothing wrong with that?

What? Does any of what you wrote have anything to do with the above? It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I presume when once again presented facts that directly contradict your statements, your brain had another mini-stroke. Check your shirt for the tell-tale signs of drool.

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 13:52
Check your shirt for the tell-tale signs of drool.

I second the request.

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 13:53
What? Does any of what you wrote have anything to do with the above? It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

I presume when once again presented facts that directly contradict your statements, your brain had another mini-stroke. Check your shirt for the tell-tale signs of drool.

PMSL :D
Welcome to Wally's world!

fenrir
17-07-2015, 14:16

Wally's ADD and convenient memory disorder are back. The BUK manufacturer admitted it was a BUK that brought down the plane, so your air-to-air missile theory is dead in the water, but we have covered this already. Stay on your meds.

Uncle Wally
17-07-2015, 15:46

It has to do with America's unfounded and unsubstantiated facts. We know they have a history of lying and distorting facts.

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 18:25
It has to do with America's unfounded and unsubstantiated facts. We know they have a history of lying and distorting facts.

Right, the US is lying and all the Western journalists and OSCE are paid off by the US and CIA.

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 18:27
Sorry, but it's pretty obvious. No one outside of Russia believes the Kremlin's version on this.

FatAndy
17-07-2015, 18:43
Sorry, but it's pretty obvious. No one outside of Russia believes the Kremlin's version on this.
Sorry, but it's pretty obvious only for those who are brainwashed by so called independent reputable Western media. :coffee:
And with beliefs - it's to rusmeister and other cult serving persons.:whisper:

Right, the US is lying and all the Western journalists and OSCE are paid off by the US and CIA.
:agree: Not all yet, but the majority ;)

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 18:47
Sorry, but it's pretty obvious only for those who brainwashed by so called independent reputable Western media.
And with beliefs - it's to rusmeister and other cult serving persons.
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
Not all yet, but the majority

So, the international investigation that is being carried out is also bought by the evil US of A and CIA and you will not trust its results? And the reputable, barking Russian media source Lifenews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvCOPC0stA) lied to us when they reported this victory of opolchentsi on that day? And that's basically why we don't want an international tribunal, right? - because it is a global conspiracy against the peaceful and innocent Russia, most likely with the participation of Jews? :coffee: Just trying to understand your кочка зрения. Does it sum it up or I have misunderstood your point of view?

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 18:52
IMO, a big difference in the US and Russia regarding journalism is that most Americans feel it's better to be a good journalist rather than be a good American. Just opposite in Russia. Russians put their country before the journalism and truth. M17 is a вопиющий example of this. I had a Russian friend the other day swear that the Soviet Union and Hitler didn't agree to invade 6 countries in 1939. Go figure. ;-)

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 18:56
Ok, so I'm brainwashed. (shaking head) I read the NYT, Economist, FT, and listen to Radio Free Europe. For the Russian perspective I listen to Osoboye Mnenie and watch Soloviev. So what are some of the wonderful sources of Russian news you'd recommend so that I can avail myself to the truth, a truth that is being denied to me by my brainwashed American sources and CIA funded Western media

Russian Lad
17-07-2015, 18:59
Ok, so I'm brainwashed. (shaking head) I read the NYT, Economist, FT, and listen to Radio Free Europe. For the Russian perspective I listen to Osoboye Mnenie and watch Soloviev.

About the same here, I watch RT, Rossiya-24, read all sorts of stuff in the Russian media, besides the Western media. So, Andy, you were saying?:coffee:
Who is brainwashed by whom?

FatAndy
17-07-2015, 19:11
IMO, a big difference in the US and Russia regarding journalism is that most Americans feel it's better to be a good journalist rather than be a good American.
Congratulations.

Russians put their country before the journalism
Sure and of course. And this is good and correct. Our country is much more important thing, than brain damage called "journalizzm". :)

I had a Russian friend the other day swear that the Soviet Union and Hitler didn't agree to invade 6 countries in 1939. Go figure. ;-)
Unfortunately we have got crazy ppl, as same as everywhere.

So, the international investigation that is being carried out is also bought by the evil US of A and CIA and you will not trust its results? And the reputable, barking Russian media source Lifenews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvCOPC0stA) lied to us when they reported this victory of opolchentsi on that day? And that's basically why we don't want an international tribunal, right? - because it is a global conspiracy against the peaceful and innocent Russia, most likely with the participation of Jews? :coffee:?
Too many letters, bro.
No, most likely with participation of Japan. :)

About the same here, I watch RT, Rossiya-24, read all sorts of stuff in the Russian media, besides the Western media. So, Andy, you were saying?
I was bringing my sincere condolences to you. :)

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 19:11
About the same here, I watch RT, Rossiya-24, read all sorts of stuff in the Russian media, besides the Western media. So, Andy, you were saying?:coffee:
Who is brainwashed by whom?

Oh, and Vice TV. Simon O. is the best war journalist in this conflict.

Ignatius
17-07-2015, 19:13
Sure and of course. And this is good and correct. Our country is much more important thing, than brain damage called "journalizzm". :)

They say the same thing in North Korea. :-)

FatAndy
17-07-2015, 19:21
They say the same thing in North Korea. :-)
Maybe. It is their f@$#ed business - what to say about their country. And about brain damage called "journalizzm". :)

FatAndy
17-07-2015, 20:47
Off-topic was moved there - http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?t=650104
Insha alla...

And congratulations with Uraza Bairam/Eid-al-Fitr.
:verycool:

Nobbynumbnuts
17-07-2015, 20:57
Insha alla...

Moving things from where they shouldn't be is a good idea..:)

Uncle Wally
18-07-2015, 11:06
Not much in the news about the nazi revolt in Ukraine.

rumple_stilskin
18-07-2015, 12:19

totally wrong

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 13:05
totally wrong
As far as I understand, Ignatius believes, it's much more important ;)

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 13:12
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
totally wrong

Well, change "no one" to "most people" and it would be rather accurate, I think. Otherwise we would not have many dozens of sovereign states sanctioning our arses, among other things.

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 17:40

TolkoRaz
18-07-2015, 18:25
I am not sure why all this debate etc; the investigation continues with Russian support.

This BBC video segment with the lead Dutch investigator confirms the current status of the ongoing investigation:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33563137

Indeed, a carefully worded interview.......

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 18:27
Indeed, a carefully worded interview.......

Fine then, let's wait for the results without jumping at premature conclusions and punish severely the culprits, the masterminds and those who were behind them. The souls of almost 300 innocent dead people, including many women and children, are shouting from their graves, demanding the ultimate justice to be served.:suspect:

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 18:31
The souls of almost 300 innocent dead people, including many women and children, are shouting from their graves, demanding the ultimate justice to be served.:suspect:
More hell and stress in comments, comrade...

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 18:33
More hell and stress in comments, comrade...

Well, do you disagree with anything I have just said? :confused1:

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 18:41
Well, do you disagree with anything I have just said? :confused1:
No, I just forget you always like to perform like a drama queen. Go on.

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 18:47

It is called "emphasis", comrade - it is taught at any reputable, literary-leaning institution of higher learning. :rules:

TolkoRaz
18-07-2015, 18:52

Andrei, I suppose being a Site Admin and being on duty, you do not have the joy of being able to place RusskiLad on your 'Ignore List'?

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 19:03
Andrei, I suppose being a Site Admin and being on duty, you do not have the joy of being able to place RusskiLad on your 'Ignore List'?

Why would he want to do that? :confused1: I find it was a perfectly fitting emphasis, anything wrong with it? Or you disagree with my statement?

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 19:24
No chance, the burden of the power :) And Site Admin is... erhmmm... another person...

It is called "emphasis", comrade - it is taught at any reputable, literary-leaning institution of higher learning. :rules:
Yes, it is degrading - in my times it was taught in low-level dramatic circles. Insha alla...

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 19:28
Yes, it is degrading - in my times it was taught in low-level dramatic circles. Insha alla...

Well, tastes differ. The main purpose of an emphasis is to draw attention to a text. Looks like it is working just fine and achieves the desired effect on the audience.

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 19:35
Looks like it is working just fine
Your clownade? Sure, it always works.

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 19:48
Your clownade?

Well, I can sulk into silence again if you insist, comrade. I did propose it once just a couple of days ago. You are the boss... :confused1::pressie:

FatAndy
18-07-2015, 19:50
Well, I can sulk into silence again if you insist, comrade. I did propose it once just a couple of days ago. You are the boss... :confused1::pressie:
No-no, I told you - more hell and stress, the audience demands.

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 20:57
Ok, comrade, if you insist, I am fine either way.;)

Uncle Wally
18-07-2015, 22:25

Please do. Your arrogance and ignorance knows no bounds. We are all expendable.

Uncle Wally
18-07-2015, 22:26
No-no, I told you - more hell and stress, the audience demands.

You love popcorn!

Russian Lad
18-07-2015, 22:28
knows

I know it should be know in this case. And the boss said no.:pressie:

We are all expendable.

I don't remember claiming otherwise.