PDA

View Full Version : Arriverderci Capello!

Benedikt
14-07-2015, 12:03
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-dumps-capello-as-coach-before-world-cup-finals/525579.html

time to go home.... and find another Club where management is silly enough to pay you you exorbitant fees and not seeing much in return....

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 12:24
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-dumps-capello-as-coach-before-world-cup-finals/525579.html

time to go home.... and find another Club where management is silly enough to pay you you exorbitant fees and not seeing much in return....

Not really Capello's fault if Russia wants to throw huge amounts of money at him.
Also worth considering is that Russia, like England (another former Capello team) are unlikely to amount to anything, anytime soon.

Capello is one of the best managers in the game. He can only do so much with the players he has...

Benedikt
14-07-2015, 15:33
Not really Capello's fault if Russia wants to throw huge amounts of money at him.
Also worth considering is that Russia, like England (another former Capello team) are unlikely to amount to anything, anytime soon.

Capello is one of the best managers in the game. He can only do so much with the players he has...

---you get paid by the wins!....

vossy7
14-07-2015, 16:13
---you get paid by the wins!....

If only Ben....agents run the game and they take a huge amount of any fees and buyouts.....and they refuse to link any contract to performance.....they just say "you want my manager/player then you pay for them ,period" crazy....maybe I should have stuck to my sports more seriously.....the thing was I liked the after game refreshments too much:11158:

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 17:25
If only Ben....agents run the game and they take a huge amount of any fees and buyouts.....and they refuse to link any contract to performance.....they just say "you want my manager/player then you pay for them ,period" crazy....maybe I should have stuck to my sports more seriously.....the thing was I liked the after game refreshments too much:11158:

..and why should he only get paid on results? If Russia play Germany, Columbia and Argentina away and Russia loose, he won't get paid? Who sign a contract like that?

Strange that the Russian football team has been playing badly but no blame falls upon the Russians..

vossy7
14-07-2015, 18:09
..and why should he only get paid on results? If Russia play Germany, Columbia and Argentina away and Russia loose, he won't get paid? Who sign a contract like that?

Strange that the Russian football team has been playing badly but no blame falls upon the Russians..

Nobby , I'm surprised with you , I have managed people all my life in business, if I inherit the wrong people then I fire them, I seek out the best available and then nurture them, no prima donnas , if you are a really good coach/ mentor then you will bring out the best in your team. The man in question failed miserably in England and now Russia ......he just did not have what it takes.
Now he walks away with 15M Euros.....that is not cricket.....sorry football :bash:

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 18:30
Nobby , I'm surprised with you , I have managed people all my life in business, if I inherit the wrong people then I fire them, I seek out the best available and then nurture them, no prima donnas , if you are a really good coach/ mentor then you will bring out the best in your team. The man in question failed miserably in England and now Russia ......he just did not have what it takes.
Now he walks away with 15M Euros.....that is not cricket.....sorry football :bash:

The question of money being paid to Capello is absolutely not his concern. If someone offered you millions of dollars for a few years work, you'd say no?

Yes, if Russia are not happy with Capello, then fire him. I have no problem with that. Football managers are getting fired everyday. Part and parcel of the job.
What i do have an issue with is putting all the blame on him. The Russian football team are pretty lousy, yet no one mentions that. He's only as good as the players he has..

He failed in England? England have had 15 managers since we won the World Cup back in 1966 and we've won nothing since. They were all sh*te?
Of course not. It's just that the expectation is much higher than the ability of the players....

vossy7
14-07-2015, 19:09
The question of money being paid to Capello is absolutely not his concern. If someone offered you millions of dollars for a few years work, you'd say no?

Yes, if Russia are not happy with Capello, then fire him. I have no problem with that. Football managers are getting fired everyday. Part and parcel of the job.
What i do have an issue with is putting all the blame on him. The Russian football team are pretty lousy, yet no one mentions that. He's only as good as the players he has..

He failed in England? England have had 15 managers since we won the World Cup back in 1966 and we've won nothing since. They were all sh*te?
Of course not. It's just that the expectation is much higher than the ability of the players....

Yep , I have to concede there , the word sh&te springs to mind all the time and yes I would jump at the chance to retire with my millions and the morons who hire them are the ones to blame....
I remember the great days when MU et al teams were filled with home grown players from England , Scotland , Wales and even us Republican Irish ....where have they gone ....the agents and the money grabbing managers and overpaid prima donnas have taken the money out of the grass roots of the game .....I am so f%cking mad:soapbox:

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 19:22
Yep , I have to concede there , the word sh&te springs to mind all the time and yes I would jump at the chance to retire with my millions and the morons who hire them are the ones to blame....
I remember the great days when MU et al teams were filled with home grown players from England , Scotland , Wales and even us Republican Irish ....where have they gone ....the agents and the money grabbing managers and overpaid prima donnas have taken the money out of the grass roots of the game .....I am so f%cking mad:soapbox:

Right mate, i remember those days too. Frank Stapleton, Liam Brady, Niall Quinn....
I did a spell at the Waldorf in London back in the early '80's. The chef told me to take a football shaped birthday cake up to the bar to be collected by a Mr. Neill. When i got there Terry Neill was waiting. Had a brief chat and he was on his way......................made my day!

vossy7
14-07-2015, 20:16
Right mate, i remember those days too. Frank Stapleton, Liam Brady, Niall Quinn....
I did a spell at the Waldorf in London back in the early '80's. The chef told me to take a football shaped birthday cake up to the bar to be collected by a Mr. Neill. When i got there Terry Neill was waiting. Had a brief chat and he was on his way......................made my day!

Yeah , Terry was a lad , I believe he was one of the youngest managers , but didn't have a clue, those were the days :11157:

penka
14-07-2015, 21:22
There is an old anecdote: If the brothel doesn't bring any income, don't make changes to the interior, change the girls...

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 21:26
There is an old anecdote: If the brothel doesn't bring any income, don't make changes to the interior, change the girls...

:eek:

Madame penka, i couldn't have put it better myself! lol :p

penka
14-07-2015, 21:43
:eek:

Madame penka, i couldn't have put it better myself! lol :p

Your ambiguous comment does not offend my sensitivity, nobby. I run a group of employees and know too well, if people do not or cannot perform, they are highly expendable. Facts of life, really:)

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 21:55
....I run a group of employees......

Never heard it put quite like that but couldn't agree more!! :p

penka
14-07-2015, 22:14
Never heard it put quite like that but couldn't agree more!! :p

Must my crap English or your aged brain:D

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 22:24
Must my crap English or your aged brain:D

...my perverted brain, probably! :p

penka
14-07-2015, 22:29
...my perverted brain, probably! :p

Oh, how very risqué!;)

Judge
14-07-2015, 23:10
England have had 15 managers since we won the World Cup back in 1966 and we've won nothing since. They were all sh*te?

I wouldn't call Sir Bobby Robson that, England was only a penalty kick away from knocking out the Germans and would have got revenge over Maradona at the 90's finals, I know,wishful thinking. And Venables would have reached a final if only Gazza was cm taller,https://youtu.be/anlX9QIpT14

Nobbynumbnuts
14-07-2015, 23:27
I wouldn't call Sir Bobby Robson that, England was only a penalty kick away from knocking out the Germans and would have got revenge over Maradona at the 90's finals, I know,wishful thinking. And Venables would have reached a final if only Gazza was cm taller,https://youtu.be/anlX9QIpT14

..i would definitely agree, Robson and Venables were good managers but remember, the press and fans were calling for Robson's head in the run-up to the world cup. Feelings were so high that the FA informed Robson that his contract would be terminated after the finals. The team played well of course but it was Gary Lineker's performance in particular (up to then an unknown) that saved his reputation. He and the team came home heros but Robson was out of work.

From 12 world cups and 12 European championships (24 competitions) since 1966 we've never come closer than 4th place (twice)
I think that reflects on the players more than the managers..

vossy7
15-07-2015, 03:06
I blame the internet......the poorer countries will just keep getting better and better :10293:

Nobbynumbnuts
15-07-2015, 10:11
I blame the internet......the poorer countries will just keep getting better and better :10293:

Perhaps football will be played in the virtual world in the future then England will finally have a chance to win something! :D