PDA

View Full Version : My students

AstraTeaching
28-02-2008, 22:03
As I have posted before, I will have a number of students that I'm no longer able to teach. Here I will post them. If you are interested and want phone numbers/e-mails, please PM me.

1. Female student, Yugo-Zapadnaya metro, morning or afternoon (any day of the week). I simply don't have time for her. She reads and writes, needs to improve her conversational skills.

Bels
28-02-2008, 22:14
And due to being an active member you are a post to be trusted. Unfortunately they are not in my area, and I don't travel anywhere except a few minutes walk to my classroom. And I prefer groups, one to one is now very expensive with me.

AstraTeaching
28-02-2008, 23:51
BTW, I charge RUR 1500 per 2 ac.hours, but, if needed, I think I will be able to negotiate a higher price (I'm a good salesperson:)
PM please, as I really don't have time to PM all teachers who advertize in Lessons.

Bels
29-02-2008, 00:20
BTW, I charge RUR 1500 per 2 ac.hours, but, if needed, I think I will be able to negotiate a higher price (I'm a good salesperson:)
PM please, as I really don't have time to PM all teachers who advertize in Lessons.

Ouch! I do that for one. But it's ok for some I suppose. There is massive inflation here, and I'm planning 2,ooo rooblees per academic hour per group this coming September. So if for example 10 in a group it will be 200 rooblees per academic hour, if it's five the figure would obviouslsly be doubled. And no I don't expect those on one to one to accept 2000 rooblees per academic hour. But That doesn't matter if I get the groups.

Now if you want to live it's the only way, and it does take time. But they will come eventually. And for your own safety and credibility please charge them one month in advance. I f they cancel lessons that's their problem. Due to experience you must do this, andinform them they should complete a course and to reach one higher level they will need at least 100 hours.

Miracle77777
29-02-2008, 01:12
Sorry for intruding in your business area....I just wondered - your students are so lucky!!
Professors in Conservatory charge one hour between 100-500 euro...Depend of person and his background....:rolleyes:
And you could no gather a group for lesson - meaningless....:)

AstraTeaching
29-02-2008, 01:29
Bels, if I would live where you live I would charge the same. I think it's a fair price. I was planning to raise it to 2000 per 2 ac.h from September, but, if we leave, I'll just enjoy the life of the corporate wife in London:) No more teaching:)

AstraTeaching
29-02-2008, 01:32
Sorry for intruding in your business area....I just wondered - your students are so lucky!!
Professors in Conservatory charge one hour between 100-500 euro...Depend of person and his background....:rolleyes:
In case you did not notice, I'm not a professor in Conservatory. If I would be one, I would gladly charge 500 EUR:)

Bels
29-02-2008, 12:31

Gathering groups is the secret.It's then more possible to get your 2000 rublees. for example 200 rublees multiplied by 10 in a group.

If you continue to get pressure from those extravagents, and the realise that you're busy and prefer groups anyway (much more reliable) They will bid for the same price s you get for a group.

I think I would do better in a good are of Moscow, due to a much greater population, and they have more wealthy prepared to pay to have their children educated in English

Also I could contact and can legally invoice them with my entrepeneurs stamp. Therefore I have this advantage of pursuading a companies interest on teaching their staff English. I am legal.

Will
29-02-2008, 14:53
This money question is so damn arbitrary here, I never know what to charge, unless I have established that they live on ostozhenka before we talk prices.
But dollars are useless, I'm having to lose all my dollar stdents lately.
Has Obama stated his plans for improving my salary yet, I've not read it.

AstraTeaching
01-03-2008, 00:16
Yugo-Zapadnaya student is being taken care of. Thanks!
Watch this space!

Miracle77777
01-03-2008, 00:22
In case you did not notice, I'm not a professor in Conservatory. If I would be one, I would gladly charge 500 EUR:)

I had noticed.....But in English-teaching you could appropriate some Degree as well....No?? :suspect:

BTW: Question for the Teacher's Folder:
> Would your income raise, if you would obtain Degree of Prof or Doc?????
:confused: :confused:
And how it works in Russia????

Thanks..........

Miracle77777
01-03-2008, 00:22

You see now, why I choose my profession......;) ;) :verycool:

AstraTeaching
01-03-2008, 01:31
I had noticed.....But in English-teaching you could appropriate some Degree as well....No?? :suspect:

BTW: Question for the Teacher's Folder:
> Would your income raise, if you would obtain Degree of Prof or Doc?????
:confused: :confused:
And how it works in Russia????

Thanks..........

I've got two degrees and a professional certificate. IMHO, the paperwork does not make the damn difference either to students or to the teacher. The gift of teaching is a natural ability and no amount of degrees can create a talent.
You should know it well, being a musician.
If you are tone deaf, you ain't gonna play the piano:)

Miracle77777
01-03-2008, 01:55
I've got two degrees and a professional certificate. IMHO, the paperwork does not make the damn difference either to students or to the teacher. The gift of teaching is a natural ability and no amount of degrees can create a talent.
You should know it well, being a musician.
If you are tone deaf, you ain't gonna play the piano:)

Well...I agree with some points...
But, in my area - it is a bit different...
You could be deaf and still - you could create Masterpieces!!!
Remember Beethoven??
And you could be an excellent performer.....musician - but still - not able for Teaching itself....as you said - it is an ability.....
Yes - no degrees can create a talent....but no one would gave you Degree if you are totally non-fitting to it.....Follow me??
Of course, I am talking about fair situation, when it does not matter, whether your father oil-baron....or you sleep with a Head of Jury....
;)

AstraTeaching
28-06-2008, 23:02
OK, since I'm very close to leaving, one more student.
Twice a week, morning lessons, solid Intermediate level, needs conversational practice. Lovely girl, lessons at her place (5 mins from Savelovskaya). Woman teacher only.
I'm finishing with her in a couple of weeks, than she goes on vacation and wants to start again in September.
PM me your phones/e-mails ans I will pass them to her.

SalTheReturn
29-06-2008, 14:17
I want just to tell you that Miracle is lying, in fact i have never heard of a professor at conservatory charging more than 100euros. And tell me Miracle, who pays them? Foreigners, russians?

MissAnnElk
29-06-2008, 15:18
I want just to tell you that Miracle is lying,

Must we use the word "lying"? Is it possible that, if anything, she is merely "mistaken." Or holds a different opinion?

"Lying" suggests a malicious intent to deceive, and that hardly describes Miracle.

AstraTeaching
29-06-2008, 15:18
I want just to tell you that Miracle is lying, in fact i have never heard of a professor at conservatory charging more than 100euros. And tell me Miracle, who pays them? Foreigners, russians?

As if I would care but thanks nevertheless. I guess somebody like late Rostropovitch would charge 500 EUR, although I've never heard of him giving private lessons.

xSnoofovich
30-06-2008, 20:04
Also I could contact and can legally invoice them with my entrepeneurs stamp........I am legal.

But Bels- do you have the legal right to work? Do you have a work permit? ;)

Bels
30-06-2008, 20:54
I have the legal right to be self employed, I have entrepeneurs license.

Bels
30-06-2008, 20:56
And if I was to find a company who could give me the contract to work, I would have the legal right to work, if I wanted to go down that road.

Bels
30-06-2008, 21:02
I will have the legal right to work with any company I wish very soon, when I get my permanent residency. But do I want to go down that road? No!

Bels
07-08-2008, 21:56
In regards to the question of whether a teacher can sell their contacts of students? Well I have changed my mind on this on this one, but not quite.

If you have a good clientele of students, that might be worth a good immediate regular income for teacher, then it's certainly worth selling it. For example if you can offer a teacher 500 or $1,000 per week over 9 monthly periods then that kind of business might be a bargain for let's say $25,000. Their investmest would be easily recovered within a year. And hey! you would be payed much more than what a school would pay you, and for less hassle, as you are the boss:)