PDA

View Full Version : Visa registration - likelihood of a knock at the door?

bomzhara
10-07-2015, 11:45
Hi all

I have a question about registration. Basically I use 90 day business visas to stick around here, but swiftly got lazy with registering them because the registration was never needed. Now though I'm slightly antsy about a potential check-up from FMS or similar, as I'm on something like visa no. 17 and it all seems too easy. How much of a possibility is that? If I should buck my ideas up, would registering using a hostel etc. (as I've done before) suffice in case of any predicament, even though I'm not actually living there?

Cheers

Judge
10-07-2015, 12:33
How would the FMS know where to knock if you aren't registered at a place. ?
You might face questions when leaving or entering, that's if they ever notice ..your main concern should be getting stopped in the street , for sure they will ask for registration. .It costs about 1000 ru at a hostel,it's better,safer than walking around without registration.

bomzhara
10-07-2015, 12:44
How would the FMS know where to knock if you aren't registered at a place. ?
You might face questions when leaving or entering, that's if they ever notice ..your main concern should be getting stopped in the street , for sure they will ask for registration. .It costs about 1000 ru at a hostel,it's better,safer than walking around without registration.

Well you never know - I'm not sure what kind of tools they have at their disposal, or what exactly goes on at the border with that electronic stuff they use. Registration I mostly gave up on for 3 month visas because it took the hostel most of a month to process it, at which time it was already necessary to apply for the next month's registration. The result was that I wasn't in possession of a valid registration document most of the time anyway, so I figured I might as well save the money. Perhaps other places are more efficient but I don't know - it seems they can only register me for 1 month at a time.

Judge
10-07-2015, 12:56
Try contacting Vadim at Liga, maybe he can help,
http://rusvisa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=25

bomzhara
10-07-2015, 13:00
Try contacting Vadim at Liga, maybe he can help,
http://rusvisa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=5&Itemid=25

Yeah I'm in touch with him already, I'm in spb not moscow though so gotta find a local solution.