PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit for spouse of HQS Visa Holder

abhilife2001
26-06-2015, 14:59
Hello,

I have a HQS visa and wife & kid have dependent visas.
From what I read in this forum, the spouse needs work permit if she has to work legally.

I checked this very informative post..http://forum.expat.ru/showthread.php?t=526779

I seem to have most of the documents except few which I can arrange..

Question is does the spouse need to get another visa or can she get a work permit by submitting all documents staying in moscow itself ?

Getting conflicting info as some folks say we need to travel to our home country to get another visa too ?

Any decent agent I can get hold of to clarify doubts and maybe help her get the work permit ?

Seek advise..

tonytony
26-06-2015, 21:36
Question is does the spouse need to get another visa or can she get a work permit by submitting all documents staying in moscow itself ?

Getting conflicting info as some folks say we need to travel to our home country to get another visa too ?

Any decent agent I can get hold of to clarify doubts and maybe help her get the work permit ?

Seek advise..

This is my understanding of the situation:-

Your wife does not need another visa. As you are in Russia on a HQS, your wife's visa means that she can get a work permit. In fact she qualifies to get a work permit outside of the ''quota'' regime for foreign work permits.

Your wife does not need to return to another country in order to get another visa. The only reason she might need to return is if she does not have all the required documents available in Russia.

My understanding is exactly the same as the other thread that you linked to:-

As I understand to work in Russia you must obtain both a work visa and a work permit.

A Spouse of a HQS has a spousal visa. My understanding it that the Spouse does not need to apply for a separate visa in order to work.

The spouse will however require a work permit.

Companies (Russian company, Representative office or Branch office) are granted a quota to employ a certain number of foreigners.

However, the spouse of a HQS is outside of the quota system - i.e. whilst the employer must apply for a work permit, that work permit will not reduce the quota of foreigner work permits available to the employer.

I would also have suggested the company that was mentioned in that previous thread:-

http://www.timservices.ru/en/

abhilife2001
27-06-2015, 23:14
This is my understanding of the situation:-

Your wife does not need another visa. As you are in Russia on a HQS, your wife's visa means that she can get a work permit. In fact she qualifies to get a work permit outside of the ''quota'' regime for foreign work permits.

Your wife does not need to return to another country in order to get another visa. The only reason she might need to return is if she does not have all the required documents available in Russia.

My understanding is exactly the same as the other thread that you linked to:-

I would also have suggested the company that was mentioned in that previous thread:-

http://www.timservices.ru/en/

thanks for ur reply.. will contact this company the coming week.. cheers