PDA

View Full Version : How long for Khodorkovsky ?

vossy7
19-06-2015, 17:15
Is he brave or stupid laughing all the way to the bank :soapbox:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33197782

Benedikt
19-06-2015, 17:28

and see who has the better lawayer, more money and time. for sure VV...

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 17:34
I will vote for him if he ever runs for the president. :cool::AngelPray:

and see who has the better lawayer

So, you claim the Hague court ruling has no value? Are you an anarchist just like Wally?

Benedikt
19-06-2015, 17:44
So, you claim the Hague court ruling has no value? Are you an anarchist just like Wally?[/QUOTE]

they are not independent. they convict whome and when they are being told to do so. after akll, why is Bush,Cheney and Co not there... they are no less criminals than many other petty dictastor.
do yo urealy believe the courts in deHague,Strassbourgh or for that matter i n Washington, or Moscow if it pleases you, are independent and follow only the letter of the law.

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 17:46
they are not independent. they convict whome and when they are being told to do so. after akll, why is Bush,Cheney and Co not there... they are no less criminals than many other petty dictastor.
do yo urealy believe the courts in deHague,Strassbourgh or for that matter i n Washington, or Moscow if it pleases you, are independent and follow only the letter of the law.

You verified it yourself, that they are not independent? So, you are an anarchist? The question remains unanswered. Look at yourself - a seemingly seasoned and responsible Austrian man suddenly turning into a raging, rabid anarchist in Russia, not just questioning but firmly rejecting the internationally recognized authority of the Hague court of law. What a joke of fate.

Nobbynumbnuts
19-06-2015, 18:02

Not sure he's going to see any of the money, he's no longer a shareholder. But he could get poisoned or shot like many others who've crossed the kremlin.

Benedikt
19-06-2015, 18:52
You verified it yourself, that they are not independent? So, you are an anarchist? The question remains unanswered. Look at yourself - a seemingly seasoned and responsible Austrian man suddenly turning into a raging, rabid anarchist in Russia, not just questioning but firmly rejecting the internationally recognized authority of the Hague court of law. What a joke of fate.

i have my opinion and yo uhave yours. i do not FORCE my opinion on to you. neither do i say only i am right and you are wrong. i cal lthat democracy and freedom of expression.

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 19:22
Sure, Ben, you can have your opinion, I am not stripping that right off you, I would not be able to even if I tried. But this opinion of yours clearly makes you an anarchist, I am sure you are aware of that as well as I am. :11721::10293:

vossy7
19-06-2015, 19:41
RL, always like your posts....looks like you lie in wait and just pounce when something gets your juices going :10518:

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 20:03
Cheers to you too.:) My juices are always ready to outpour.:)

Uncle Wally
19-06-2015, 20:06
Not sure he's going to see any of the money, he's no longer a shareholder. But he could get poisoned or shot like many others who've crossed the kremlin.

Slander! No proof in any of that. You show your love of hating Russia.

Carl
19-06-2015, 20:50
Slander! No proof in any of that. You show your love of hating Russia.

I've always found Nobby's comments regarding Russia fair and balanced. After all, he has many years of experience working and living in Russia under his belt. Never felt a hate towards Russia in any of his posts.
You Willy, on the other hand, really have done nothing here but show your love of licking ass of the current regime..

Nobbynumbnuts
19-06-2015, 21:01
I've always found Nobby's comments regarding Russia fair and balanced. After all, he has many years of experience working and living in Russia under his belt. Never felt a hate towards Russia in any of his posts.
You Willy, on the other hand, really have done nothing here but show your love of licking ass of the current regime..

Cheers for that Carl but take no notice of that plonker, i certainly don't.

Actually, if he'd read my post properly he'd have noticed i didn't accuse the kremlin of anything. I merely stated that many people who have crossed the kremlin have been murdered. Fact. ;)

Ass licker. Couldn't have put it better myself! :rofl:

FatAndy
19-06-2015, 21:44
I will vote for him if he ever runs for the president.
Well, it's worth for the fun only, but he looses to Zhirik in this sense :)

show your love of licking ass of the current regime..
You've forgot to add - bloody rotten, member ;)

To the bank or... erhm... bridge? :eh: http://vladimir.vladimirovich.ru/2013-12-19/#an3237 in Russian, but very good ;)

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 22:01
Well, it's worth for the fun only, but he looses to Zhirik in this sense

I don't think his potential electorate crosses the path of Zhirik's followers in the slightest.
By the way, this court ruling and what has now followed is a two-sided sword - on one hand, the justice is being restored and the shareholders will be getting their money, on the other hand, Khodor's reputation is being given back to him, including here in Russia, so many more Russians will consider him as an option in the future elections (not necessarily in the coming ones).

Uncle Wally
19-06-2015, 23:11
I don't think his potential electorate crosses the path of Zhirik's followers in the slightest.
By the way, this court ruling and what has now followed is a two-sided sword - on one hand, the justice is being restored and the shareholders will be getting their money, on the other hand, Khodor's reputation is being given back to him, including here in Russia, so many more Russians will consider him as an option in the future elections (not necessarily in the coming ones).

Are you sure people won't look at it like just another attempt make Russia look bad.

Uncle Wally
19-06-2015, 23:15

Yeah from one Russian hater to another. Spewing lies and flasehood.

Russian Lad
19-06-2015, 23:36
Are you sure people won't look at it like just another attempt make Russia look bad.

There are two catches in that, Wally:
1) There is a growing dissatisfaction among some branches of the Russian elite, because the money is getting scarce and certain industries/branches of business have received a hard blow, there are many other new problems affecting the elite as well;
2) The Russian hoi polloi, aka narod, are beginning to fight a challenging battle in their heads and stomachs - namely, the "battle between the refrigerator and the tv-set". So far, the tv-set seems to be winning, but it is not a decisive victory like a year ago, it is losing its edge, rather fast. Irritation is visibly mounting and the refrigerator will win soon, I have no doubts about that. It will be interesting to see the results.

These two factors are beginning to change the Russian society, hard to say where it is going to take us, but at the end of one of the tunnels into the future that I can see there is Khodor, patiently waiting for us...

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 00:39
There are two catches in that, Wally:
1) There is a growing dissatisfaction among some branches of the Russian elite, because the money is getting scarce and certain industries/branches of business have received a hard blow, there are many other new problems affecting the elite as well;
2) The Russian hoi polloi, aka narod, are beginning to fight a challenging battle in their heads and stomachs - namely, the "battle between the refrigerator and the tv-set". So far, the tv-set seems to be winning, but it is not a decisive victory like a year ago, it is losing its edge, rather fast. Irritation is visibly mounting and the refrigerator will win soon, I have no doubts about that. It will be interesting to see the results.

These two factors are beginning to change the Russian society, hard to say where it is going to take us, but at the end of one of the tunnels into the future that I can see there is Khodor, patiently waiting for us...

I haven't noticed it. I have noticed more Russians don't like America but I still meet Russians who want to go there. Some food has gotten more expensive but others have gotten cheaper. We'll still waiting because big changes are coming. The Greeks have taken out over 800 million euros out out banks today and it looks like that will keep up. America is very close to their borrowing cap and close to a race war. In 2001 Russia got lucky and oil hit $100 maybe she just get lucky again.

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 01:25
I haven't noticed it. I have noticed more Russians don't like America but I still meet Russians who want to go there. Some food has gotten more expensive but others have gotten cheaper. We'll still waiting because big changes are coming. The Greeks have taken out over 800 million euros out out banks today and it looks like that will keep up. America is very close to their borrowing cap and close to a race war. In 2001 Russia got lucky and oil hit $100 maybe she just get lucky again.

I think the getting lucky part is over and the smelling the coffee part has arrived, big time - it is banging on the door, rather loudly - one may dismiss the reality, like you do, but it is not going to go away, it will keep banging on the door either till you let her in, politely, or by smashing the door off its weak hinges altogether and storming inside.
It is not about whether the Russians like or dislike Americans (most of those who dislike them have never even been to America anyway and don't even know English), en masse, it is about for how long they will be willing to tolerate their increasingly difficult conditions inside their own country while being spoon-fed with the Ukrainian news and problems on tv, instead their domestic ones - each time I switch on a central channel they are babbling about Ukraine this and Ukraine that - sometimes I am getting a feeling I live in Ukraine, not in Russia. It is very wrong and it is simply crazy. I know it is a distraction tactic, but it has lost all novelty and is becoming an irritant rather than the intended diversion.
Greece may be nothing but a smokescreen, and even if it leaves Europe I don't see how Russia is going to profit from it in any way. Besides, while the ruble is not the global reserve currency, more problems in Europe and/or in the US only promise even more problems and hardships in Russia, with at least x2 multiplier, like the crisis of 2008 clearly and unequivocally demonstrated, so I am not sure what in particular you are enthused about. Do you want the Russians to prosper and to enjoy life or to live in misery and abject poverty? The policies you are so adamantly supporting are only impoverishing my not that rich folks (+3 million Russians below the flimsy poverty line (USD 200 per month) during the last three months alone). One cannot eat bravado or hurrah-patriotism for dinner.

Carl
20-06-2015, 08:57

So..now you're betting on Luck?

Carl
20-06-2015, 09:10
Yeah from one Russian hater to another. Spewing lies and flasehood.

What lies & what falsehoods?
Willy, I dare say I love Russia a fair bit more then your average expater..including you. While you've shown a great love the current regime, I certainly have not felt your love for Russia herself. Sure, you might be able to smoke weed on the Kremlin bridge, drink yourself silly on cheap vodka, party all week, eek out an existence without being gainfully employed and f**K plenty of young hotties (god help them!).. but that seems to be about the extent of your love of this great country.

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 09:30
I think the getting lucky part is over and the smelling the coffee part has arrived, big time - it is banging on the door, rather loudly - one may dismiss the reality, like you do, but it is not going to go away, it will keep banging on the door either till you let her in, politely, or by smashing the door off its weak hinges altogether and storming inside.
It is not about whether the Russians like or dislike Americans (most of those who dislike them have never even been to America anyway and don't even know English), en masse, it is about for how long they will be willing to tolerate their increasingly difficult conditions inside their own country while being spoon-fed with the Ukrainian news and problems on tv, instead their domestic ones - each time I switch on a central channel they are babbling about Ukraine this and Ukraine that - sometimes I am getting a feeling I live in Ukraine, not in Russia. It is very wrong and it is simply crazy. I know it is a distraction tactic, but it has lost all novelty and is becoming an irritant rather than the intended diversion.
Greece may be nothing but a smokescreen, and even if it leaves Europe I don't see how Russia is going to profit from it in any way. Besides, while the ruble is not the global reserve currency, more problems in Europe and/or in the US only promise even more problems and hardships in Russia, with at least x2 multiplier, like the crisis of 2008 clearly and unequivocally demonstrated, so I am not sure what in particular you are enthused about. Do you want the Russians to prosper and to enjoy life or to live in misery and abject poverty? The policies you are so adamantly supporting are only impoverishing my not that rich folks (+3 million Russians below the flimsy poverty line (USD 200 per month) during the last three months alone). One cannot eat bravado or hurrah-patriotism for dinner.

All you write could be said about America also, just replace the word Russia with America. The only difference being that in America the government is abusing their citizens more by beating and shooting them. In the US 50 million people need food assistance, that's a lot of people, millions more are just above that line. All that is need is a big enough spark to set the US in flames.

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 09:32
What lies & what falsehoods?
Willy, I dare say I love Russia a fair bit more then your average expater..including you. While you've shown a great love the current regime, I certainly have not felt your love for Russia herself. Sure, you might be able to smoke weed on the Kremlin bridge, drink yourself silly on cheap vodka, party all week, eek out an existence without being gainfully employed and f**K plenty of young hotties (god help them!).. but that seems to be about the extent of your love of this great country.

How far does your love go Carl? As far as how much money you can earn?

Carl
20-06-2015, 12:33
How far does your love go Carl? As far as how much money you can earn?

There you go again Willy... Making statements like you actually know what you're talking about!..when it's so obvious you don't!!
I don't make my money in Russia:nono: I SPEND money in Russia!

FatAndy
20-06-2015, 12:43
many more Russians will consider him as an option in the future elections (not necessarily in the coming ones).
Does it change anything? :D

I SPEND money in Russia!
...supporting this nasty bloody rotten regime. How do you dare?!?!:bomb:

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 16:36
Does it change anything?

The future will show, comrade. Usually it is full of surprises. To understand that, for instance, read today's headlines and imagine being showed them like 3 years ago - you would think the guy who showed them to you must be joking or is crazy. However, it is our new reality that we cannot brush it away, no matter how hard we try. It is changing rather fast even as we speak. Clinging at the past is like clinging at straws, one has to embrace the future.

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 16:55
Some food has gotten more expensive but others have gotten cheaper.

By the way, Wally, what food has gotten cheaper?:) Vodka? :coffee: Even vodka prices seem to be rising a bit, that is, if it is food for you.

fenrir
20-06-2015, 16:56
All you write could be said about America also, just replace the word Russia with America. The only difference being that in America the government is abusing their citizens more by beating and shooting them. In the US 50 million people need food assistance, that's a lot of people, millions more are just above that line. All that is need is a big enough spark to set the US in flames.

That's more Wally for you. Mention anything negative about Russia and it is immediately 'What about America?' In his mind, all discussions about Russia are really about the US.

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 17:12
Maybe Wally thinks he is Steve Jobs and possesses a reality distortion field? :jawdrop::confused:

vossy7
20-06-2015, 17:32
The "haves and have-nots " needs to be taken into the discussion here.
The "haves" are clearly taking a much bigger hit than the "have-nots" and we all know that the latter accounts for the vast majority of the Russian population. We have our goddaughter here with us at the moment and she is so grateful for the most basic of things ....she does not want to watch TV but rather have a game of UNO , which is a card game I gave her last year and she introduced to her friends . We went running with her this morning , she helped with the gardening today , I truly hope she is an example of the future of Russia :)

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 18:09
The "haves" are clearly taking a much bigger hit than the "have-nots"

This statement is more than questionable since there are +3 million impoverished Russians who have just joined another 17 million of those living on below 10K rubles per month. I would say both the "haves" and the "have-nots" are affected heavily, except for the "haves" in the military and special forces, who are clearly benefiting, and the "have-nots" slaving away for them. But that's a minor fraction of the Russian population, everybody else is losing big time. A lot of good people suffering for the wrong cause and for the wrong reason.
I would go as far as claiming the "have nots" are suffering even more, because it is one thing not to be able to afford a vacation on the Carribean this year and flying to Turkey instead, or having to postpone the purchase of a yaught or a private plane and having to fly with common people in the business cl**** or having to send your children to a second rate university instead of to Oxford or Cambridge, and it is quite another thing to be unable to buy meat and vegetables for your children every day (or at all) and to see them suffer terribly from malnutrition and in some cases even hunger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p66q81eUb8A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Eky3eWwMg

vossy7
20-06-2015, 18:20
This statement is more than questionable since there are +3 million impoverished Russians who have just joined another 17 million of those living on below 10K rubles per month. I would say both the "haves" and the "have-nots" are affected heavily, except for the "haves" in the military and special forces, who are clearly benefiting, and the "have-nots" slaving away for them. But that's a minor fraction of the Russian population, everybody else is losing big time. A lot of good people suffering for the wrong cause and for the wrong reason.

RL , when is the last time you have actually been in the deepest parts of Russia where people live and don't actually give two hoots about who runs the country? I hear what you are saying and will put my hands in the air if the Armageddon scenario you visualize actually happens..... Nostradamus got it all wrong , I hope to god you do too....have a nice evening my friend :)

Russian Lad
20-06-2015, 18:28
if the Armageddon scenario you visualize actually happens..... Nostradamus got it all wrong , I hope to god you do too...

Why, I don't visualize any Armageddon scenario as far as the world is concerned. I visualize changes in Russia, either for better or for worse. I would prefer peaceful changes actually, but who cares about my wishes or preferences, hehe.:)

RL , when is the last time you have actually been in the deepest parts of Russia where people live and don't actually give two hoots about who runs the country?

Yes, many times, I used to travel around Russia a lot, have been both to the Eastern and the Western Siberia, etc. So, what does it tell us? Changes, if they begin, will begin in/from Moscow, not even Saint Pete or some remote villages. Russia is very centralized - it has its advantages maybe, but it also tells me that the real events will unfold in the financial and economic center - Moscow. I don't expect any activities and/or changes in other cities before it happens in Moscow.

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 22:58
Why, I don't visualize any Armageddon scenario as far as the world is concerned. I visualize changes in Russia, either for better or for worse. I would prefer peaceful changes actually, but who cares about my wishes or preferences, hehe.:)

Yes, many times, I used to travel around Russia a lot, have been both to the Eastern and the Western Siberia, etc. So, what does it tell us? Changes, if they begin, will begin in/from Moscow, not even Saint Pete or some remote villages. Russia is very centralized - it has its advantages maybe, but it also tells me that the real events will unfold in the financial and economic center - Moscow. I don't expect any activities and/or changes in other cities before it happens in Moscow.

Yes only you care about your preferences, get used to it.

You've been around huh?

Life is what you make of it and Russia "St Petersburg & Moscow" for sure is not Mars. I can understand if you don't like the weather but if you can't make it here you can't make it anywhere. I have been outside of Moscow and people seem happy, yeah they could be happier but then again the US could stop f@#king with Russia and making Europe do as they want and go against their best interest. I can't believe you want to give up living in the biggest and richest country in the world????? For what? A fascist corporate state? The police aren't shooting you down like dogs in the street. They ain't pulling you over and taking your cash because you might go buy drugs with it and they ain't running up debt that you and your great great grand children will have to pay for just so they can take over the world and make 99% of people their slaves. You should feel lucky you don't live in such a repressive society.

rumple_stilskin
20-06-2015, 23:02
This statement is more than questionable since there are +3 million impoverished Russians who have just joined another 17 million of those living on below 10K rubles per month. [/url]

In Western countries, the 100 metres sq apartment cost more than $2000 per month(not the centre of big city), electricity $200 per month, bus ticket can be $10 for 20 minute jouney.($400 per month). In some places in sydney if you want to park your car on the street a parking permit costs $5000 per year, park your car near the beach in sydney is $7 per hour in some places.

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 23:56
In Western countries, the 100 metres sq apartment cost more than $2000 per month(not the centre of big city), electricity $200 per month, bus ticket can be $10 for 20 minute jouney.($400 per month). In some places in sydney if you want to park your car on the street a parking permit costs $5000 per year, park your car near the beach in sydney is $7 per hour in some places.

Holey poop!

Fantastika
21-06-2015, 01:31

The choice isn't between a) the Hague Court, and b) anarchy. It's between a) the Hague Court, and b) a nonbiased court.

Fantastika
21-06-2015, 01:51

I already posted questions about this, but everyone gave irrelevant retorts.

Nostradamus prophesied that by the year 2025 the world would be guided by a new way of thinking or a new "religion" that would replace all the old "religions." By 2022, this new organization would be in power through much of the world, and it would start to have a major, credible influence in 2017-2018.

Is anyone interested in thinking about what such a new (I hate to say "new world order" because it would not be under some individual's "control") ordering of society would mean? How it would affect the way we do business as individuals or countries, how we raise children, how we interact as individuals and groups (rich-poor, black-yellow-red-white, young-old, male-female, etc.).

What would be the tenets of such a global change? Doesn't anyone ever think about this? Granted, the world is in bad shape and getting worse fast. Salvation, or whatever , however, is at hand. Does the human race just succumb when things get dark and gloomy? Do they join ISIS and riot and rape? No, the better people always make a comeback and the next day things are improving and better.

So what would the new global religion be like?

Thank quickly, it's coming faster than you know.

Carl
21-06-2015, 10:10
the US could stop f@#king with Russia and making Europe do as they want and go against their best interest. I can't believe you want to give up living in the biggest and richest country in the world????? For what? A fascist corporate state? The police aren't shooting you down like dogs in the street. They ain't pulling you over and taking your cash because you might go buy drugs with it and they ain't running up debt that you and your great great grand children will have to pay for just so they can take over the world and make 99% of people their slaves. You should feel lucky you don't live in such a repressive society.

'Well in America.." "In the US.." "Yeah but in America.." "In America.." Well in the US.." "In America..." "Well in the US.." "In America.." "Yeah but in the US...":rant: :cry::asskiss::mooooh:

Do you see a pattern here...? The overriding majority of Willy's post contain the US slant in one form or another. Quite telling actually.

Uncle Wally
21-06-2015, 10:50
'Well in America.." "In the US.." "Yeah but in America.." "In America.." Well in the US.." "In America..." "Well in the US.." "In America.." "Yeah but in the US...":rant: :cry::asskiss::mooooh:

Do you see a pattern here...? The overriding majority of Willy's post contain the US slant in one form or another. Quite telling actually.

Yeah you think maybe I don't like a government that goes around starting illegal wars and killing who ever they want without a trial. Sad thing about you Carl is you don't care or worse you think America is a good country and that's the way it should be. Which is f@#ked up Carl.

fenrir
21-06-2015, 12:36

And all that has as much to do with impoverishment in Russia as the surface temperature of Mars does.

fenrir
21-06-2015, 12:39

I guess the buttlicking quota has gone up to keep receiving his supplies of Putinka.

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2015, 13:04

Gross over exaggeration.
I pay 47 per month electricity in my one bed flat in London AND i don't have gas.

Nice 1 bed flats in east London near the tube for $1450 a month (check zoopla.com)

London buses are a set fare of 1.50 with an Oyster Card. (Everyone has an Oyster Card-even tourists)

Why would you drive a car in the city?

penka
21-06-2015, 13:40
Gross over exaggeration.
I pay 47 per month electricity in my one bed flat in London AND i don't have gas.

Nice 1 bed flats in east London near the tube for $1450 a month (check zoopla.com)

London buses are a set fare of 1.50 with an Oyster Card. (Everyone has an Oyster Card-even tourists)

In London there is nowhere to park a car or one ends up paying a small fortune for that privilege:)

Not sure, if Sthlm counts for a capital of a Western country, but one can rent a flat, ca 90 -100 sqm, in a good area, for ca 1600-2000 EUR a month. Good area means, you can walk through the town. Electricity for such flat would be about 50 EUR/ month. Insurance - ca 30 EUR. TV, broadband - ca 40 EUR.

One bed with a high standard would be about 600-700 EUR/ month. In the centre.

Median salary is about 3000-3300 EUR/ month, tax rate 30%.

Public transportation is fantastic. And there is also something like an Oyster card:)

Carl
21-06-2015, 13:47
In London there is nowhere to park a car or one ends up paying a small fortune for that privilege:)

Not sure, if Sthlm counts for a capital of a Western country, but one can rent a flat, ca 90 -100 sqm, in a good area, for ca 1600-2000 EUR a month. Good area means, you can walk through the town. Electricity for such flat would be about 50 EUR/ month. Insurance - ca 30 EUR. TV, broadband - ca 40 EUR.

One bed with a high standard would be about 600-700 EUR/ month. In the centre.

Median salary is about 3000-3300 EUR/ month, tax rate 30%.

Public transportation is fantastic. And there is also something like an Oyster card:)

Gross over exaggeration.

Yeah.. but facts don't really fit rumple_skin-flute's agenda.:nut:

Uncle Wally
21-06-2015, 15:26
Gross over exaggeration.

Yeah that's why 250,000 people came and marched in London. They're all so happy! Happy happy joy joy!

rumple_stilskin
21-06-2015, 16:29
Gross over exaggeration.

But this is "factory farmed" English, you know there is free range too....it exists. crammed into a small area with nowhere to sit and think - London. My figures were Australia. $5000 per year to park your car on the street in some areas.(not right in front of your house).

That 1 bed flat, does the garage have space for 1 or 2 cars?

rumple_stilskin
21-06-2015, 16:33
Yeah.. but facts don't really fit rumple_skin-flute's agenda.:nut:

My post was in response to comments about 17 million Russians earning 10000 Roubles per month, like comparing apples and oranges. My point is valid.

Oh another thing, free health care in Russia, not in america. one of a million points.

Carl, your not seeing the forest for the trees.

fenrir
21-06-2015, 17:29
Moscow considers all countries west of the border 'the West.'

Why cherrypick Australia? Closer to home is poor little Estonia which also has free healthcare and better quality too - there is particular form of medical tourism here: Finns come here for dental work and Russians come to give birth. We also have free public transportation in Tallinn. You can't do better than free.

Btw, this still has nothing to do with poor people in Russia, but keep trying to deflect the issue.

penka
21-06-2015, 17:46

Why cherrypick Australia? Closer to home is poor little Estonia which also has free healthcare and better quality too - there is particular form of medical tourism here: Finns come here for dental work and Russians come to give birth. We also have free public transportation in Tallinn. You can't do better than free.

Btw, this still has nothing to do with poor people in Russia, but keep trying to deflect the issue.

:D:D:D

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2015, 17:51
Real tendency here for some posters to just post the first f*cking sh*t that comes into their heads lol ;)

vossy7
21-06-2015, 18:09
Real tendency here for some posters to just post the first f*cking sh*t that comes into their heads lol ;)

Hey Nobby , what time is it in Stanley?

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2015, 18:21
Hey Nobby , what time is it in Stanley?

Back from Stanley now, mate. In London at the moment...

penka
21-06-2015, 18:29

Have you just noticed?:)

Welcome to motherland, mate!

rumple_stilskin
21-06-2015, 18:49

I wasn't cherry picking Australia, this is simply where i had information for. a link below.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Australia

It was related, but i didn't spell it out for dummies. 10,000 Roubles per month income doesn't really tell the whole story as in the west the rent/debt levels are astronomical and hence the cost of living is sky high. that was the point.

There would be more poor people and homeless in western countries than in Russia i would have thought. is it not 22% of american children receive food stamps?

Uncle Wally
21-06-2015, 19:40

And some just post what's been put into their head. Just keep following maybe someday you'll get somewhere.

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2015, 20:00
Have you just noticed?:)

Welcome to motherland, mate!

Been going on for a while, just getting worse recently. The usual morons....;)

penka
21-06-2015, 20:02
Been going on for a while, just getting worse recently. The usual morons....;)

It's the internet....

Did you encounter the yesterday's gathering btw?

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2015, 20:16
It's the internet....

Did you encounter the yesterday's gathering btw?

Yesterdays gathering? Did you mean my soiree at home with friends? ;)

Russian Lad
21-06-2015, 21:21
Is anyone interested in thinking about what such a new (I hate to say "new world order" because it would not be under some individual's "control") ordering of society would mean? How it would affect the way we do business as individuals or countries, how we raise children, how we interact as individuals and groups (rich-poor, black-yellow-red-white, young-old, male-female, etc.).

What would be the tenets of such a global change? Doesn't anyone ever think about this? Granted, the world is in bad shape and getting worse fast. Salvation, or whatever , however, is at hand. Does the human race just succumb when things get dark and gloomy? Do they join ISIS and riot and rape? No, the better people always make a comeback and the next day things are improving and better.

So what would the new global religion be like?

The digital age has arrived and it has changed the world big time. That's a new religion, in a way.:) Especially after we will be able to become immortal after we get digitalized and after the artificial intellect truly develops.:) I would be looking in this direction.

I can understand if you don't like the weather but if you can't make it here you can't make it anywhere.

Wally, all I need for my work is a computer, Internet and a bank account (and even that is not a must), so I can do what I regularly do in quite many countries. Whatever I have achieved, I have only myself to thank for it. However, I have enough brains to understand that my situation is rather unique and there are many Russians who are suffering immensely from the current situation. They are forced to see their children starve or suffer from malnutrition. 3 million+ more Russians like that recently. 20 million out of 150 million below the poverty line (which in itself is a joke, 10K rubles) - that's a lot of people. At this rate it will be like 30 million by the end of this year, that's every fifth Russian. It inevitably brings higher crime rates too.

tonytony
21-06-2015, 22:22
A lot of good people suffering for the wrong cause and for the wrong reason.

to be unable to buy meat and vegetables for your children every day (or at all) and to see them suffer terribly from malnutrition and in some cases even hunger.

Russian Lad,

I do feel that you are exaggerating here. My wife was a teenager during the early 90s and she has told me about what life was like then. She had to travel to other cities with her father in order to find anywhere that was selling meat as there was no meat for sale at all in her city. The situation today is a far cry from that in the early 90s.

Her parents are now both pensioners and are really feeling the pinch so we are helping them out at the moment. However, they clearly say that the current situation is nowhere near as bad as it was during the early 90s.

In Western countries, the 100 metres sq apartment cost more than $2000 per month(not the centre of big city)

Gross over exaggeration.

I would really agree with Nobby here. Outside of London you will be really pushed to pay $2000 per month for a 100 metre flat unless it was some sort of penthouse apartment right in the very centre of the city.

For example, I am generally very loath to disclose information about myself online but we currently let out our old home where we used to live in a very nice and leafy suburb of Manchester. It is about 170 metres and we are getting about $1,400 - 875 - per month.

Although maybe we should put the rent up as here is another house for rent about 500m away from our house that is a bit smaller than ours and they are asking for $1,500 per month:-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-52767896.html

Our house, like this one, is in a very desirable area of Manchester in the catchment area for a very good school. So, as I'm sure you can imagine, the average price for a 100 metre flat is quite a bit lower.

EDIT

Just noticed that, while our house is actually in the catchment area for the best school in the area, the house in that link is just outside - so again maybe we should look at increasing the rent.

Russian Lad
21-06-2015, 22:34
I do feel that you are exaggerating here. My wife was a teenager during the early 90s and she has told me about what life was like then. She had to travel to other cities with her father in order to find anywhere that was selling meat as there was no meat for sale at all in her city. The situation today is a far cry from that in the early 90s.

What's the use of having meat available in stores if you don't have cash to buy it? Besides, I don't fully exclude food shortages in stores in the near future, either.

However, they clearly say that the current situation is nowhere near as bad as it was during the early 90s.

Hmmm, ok, but that's because you are helping them out now and weren't available in the early 90s to render your kind assistance, isn't it?:) In some respect the situation is even worse, in some respect it is better. The bottom line - 20 million dirt poor Russians and this number is set to see a steep rise, from what I see. Whoever is benefiting from this all here in Russia, it is not the Russian people.

Russian Lad
21-06-2015, 23:37
The Russian translation industry has been severely damaged, by the way - the payments of Russian translation bureaus have remained the same in rubles or much less, payment delays for 1-2 months are a common occurrence. Finding new clients is close to impossible because many other industries have basically stalled in their tracks. I have managed to avoid losing on this big time only by sheer luck so far, but it doesn't mean I will remain unaffected for a long time.

Fantastika
22-06-2015, 06:37
The digital age has arrived and it has changed the world big time. That's a new religion, in a way.:) Especially after we will be able to become immortal after we get digitalized and after the artificial intellect truly develops.:) I would be looking in this direction.

Thanks, but humanity has to get back to being human.

The "digital age" has exacerbated whatever problems are extant.

Who could imagine leaders of the world - UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, (dis)United States, degenerating to using Tweets and Teleprompters to proclaim their macho and their "profound insights" about long-running, historical problems in one-sentence comments? Idol-worshiping fools emboldened with biased media, pseudo intelligent with "smart" phones, and foolishly brave backed by totalitarian snoopy NSA's.

What is a cell-phone, anyway? It's an endorphin-releasing device. At least with drug addicts, we knew something was haywire.

A new religion will, as a very basic axiom, will establish and renew human-to-human communication abilities. Perhaps then, after leaders stop with the "shirtfronting," there might be a little understanding blossoming in the minds of these warmongering, hate-spewing "leaders".

Fantastika
22-06-2015, 06:40
The Russian translation industry has been severely damaged, by the way - the payments of Russian translation bureaus have remained the same in rubles or much less, payment delays for 1-2 months are a common occurrence. Finding new clients is close to impossible because many other industries have basically stalled in their tracks. I have managed to avoid losing on this big time only by sheer luck so far, but it doesn't mean I will remain unaffected for a long time.

You're just like everyone in the US - "I'm doing OK, but everyone else is suffering..." :)

Russian Lad
22-06-2015, 06:44
You're just like everyone in the US - "I'm doing OK, but everyone else is suffering..."

Well, I am just trying to be brave in the face of the merciless storm, not having children and a woman to support and having my own room to hide in also helps the matters, just as my low-profile habits in general. Besides, the nearby garbage container is always full of fresh potato peels and just slightly rotten sausages that make a marvelously refreshing borsch.
In fact, I did suffer - I had to stop working for one company because their fee in rubles devalued and they didn't offer a slightest raise, while they delayed the last payment for two months. But I would not bother whining about my losses or difficulties anyway, the stakes are much higher. And I cannot afford to pass for a whiner to those "fence-sitters" here to whom my seemingly useless posts are really addressed... Which truth are they going to buy - mine or Wally's or Fat Andy's? Will they take the red or the blue pill? Will the refrigerator prevail over the tv-set? Do they really want to know how deep the rabbit holes goes?:)

A new religion will, as a very basic axiom, will establish and renew human-to-human communication abilities. Perhaps then, after leaders stop with the "shirtfronting," there might be a little understanding blossoming in the minds of these warmongering, hate-spewing "leaders".

Such a religion existed already, it was called communism. While some ideas were enticing, it turned out that it was a path to even more evils, because of the corrupt human nature. Since it is corrupt, we can only seek to minimize the damage. By the way, any religion is used for control and manipulation of the masses, just as culture, actually. So, there is no way to invent a square circle.:)

What is a cell-phone, anyway? It's an endorphin-releasing device. At least with drug addicts, we knew something was haywire.

Fully agree, I use my cell phone only when I absolutely must do it, most of the times it is switched off.

The "digital age" has exacerbated whatever problems are extant.

That's debatable, I can see more advantages than disadvantages. If there was no Internet, I would have to be going to work every day and actually meeting all sorts of crazy individuals and talking to them. An appalling thought, especially in today's Russia.

Fantastika
22-06-2015, 07:35
Well, I am just trying to be brave in the face of the merciless storm, not having children and a woman to support and having my own room to hide in also helps the matters, just as my low-profile habits in general. Besides, the nearby garbage container is always full of fresh potato peels and just slightly rotten sausages that make a marvelously refreshing borsch.
In fact, I did suffer - I had to stop working for one company because their fee in rubles devalued and they didn't offer a slightest raise, while they delayed the last payment for two months. But I would not bother whining about my losses or difficulties anyway, the stakes are much higher. And I cannot afford to pass for a whiner to those "fence-sitters" here to whom my seemingly useless posts are really addressed... Which truth are they going to buy - mine or Wally's or Fat Andy's? Will they take the red or the blue pill? Will the refrigerator prevail over the tv-set? Do they really want to know how deep the rabbit holes goes?:)

Alice knows how deep it goes....You're an intelligent person, why are you spending your time posting here? You know you're not going to change anyone's mind. Don't ask me the same question, because I don't know, either! :) Anyway, I prefer the white pill, the refrigerator and the microwave oven. The TV can go in the moosorny bloc :)

Such a religion existed already, it was called communism. While some ideas were enticing, it turned out that it was a path to even more evils, because of the corrupt human nature. Since it is corrupt, we can only seek to minimize the damage. By the way, any religion is used for control and manipulation of the masses, just as culture, actually. So, there is no way to invent a square circle.:)

I don't believe you think human nature is corrupt. That's the Christian axiom, too - man is born in sin. The new religion will discard that canard, and focus on enhancing a person's innate abilities to succeed and prosper, and produce a happier population.

That's debatable, I can see more advantages than disadvantages. If there would be no Internet, I would have to be going to work every day and actually meeting all sorts of crazy individuals and talking to them. An appalling thought, especially in today's Russia.

I meant to say, it's exacerbated the age-old problems of human communication and understanding. The millennial generation does not know how to have a face-to-face conversation, how to listen, how to make sure another person understands them, etc., with their noses buried in a virtual alternate reality.

I love the internet, too, I am making good money buying and selling on EBay, Amazon, etc. No boss, I work as much and whenever I want, etc.

Russian Lad
22-06-2015, 08:00
Alice knows how deep it goes....You're an intelligent person, why are you spending your time posting here?

Some English practice, a lot of free time, having fun. I don't post very often these days though, may become silent for weeks any time.:)

I don't believe you think human nature is corrupt. That's the Christian axiom, too - man is born in sin. The new religion will discard that canard, and focus on enhancing a person's innate abilities to succeed and prosper, and produce a happier population.

I am not a big fan of Christianity as some "truth", but they got this one right - I do believe it is corrupt.:) Why? Many reasons. One - we are mortal and we know it. In this respect, we are way more corrupt than animals, hence we kill each other more often in wars and so forth.

penka
22-06-2015, 08:04
Yesterdays gathering? Did you mean my soiree at home with friends? ;)

No, the one in the centre;)

Uncle Wally
22-06-2015, 08:07

The one with 250,000 people?

I doubt it, he likes everything his government does.

Nobbynumbnuts
22-06-2015, 19:36

..was outside London. Had a lovely day down at Henley on Thames, on the river. :floating:

penka
22-06-2015, 19:51
..was outside London. Had a lovely day down at Henley on Thames, on the river. :floating:

Nice!:):uk: