PDA

View Full Version : Sobyanin's Moscow

natlee
18-06-2015, 13:30
Had just finished a long post and closed it by mistake - not my day eh! :mad:

Anyway, Judge... too long to explain it all but let's start small.

We have a playground here, used to be called Пушкинский дворик - will try to find some photos online a bit later to show you, won something along the lines of Moscow's best playground years ago. Was good for all ages - I remember being on the swing when pregnant with my eldest, ah bliss! As it was mostly made of wood, time and weather started taking its toll eventually, not without the help from drunk teens and prob adults, too, and finally virtually nothing was left of what was once the pride of the area. They would fix bits, do a horrible job, for the most part, and knock down what was starting to become dangerous and would've been a bother to properly fix. A few years ago, with Sobyanin the f*** in power, the playgrounds (that one and a couple of smaller ones around it) were fixed. I was so excited watching the work until I came close and saw just what they were doing and how... They even left bits that were in ok state - never mind looked ridiculous next to the new stuff! Still, I was ecstatic they finally installed the safe surface and the main playground looked ok overall, except it was no longer good for children above the age of 3! Nothing there to do for my eldest who would barely fit in the swing and her legs were too long for it - she's a very skinny 9 y/o of below average (for her age) height today, but I'm talking years ago! Just days (!) later the swings were broken and weeks later the playground looked 20 years old. I have not been able to take one photo of my children in that playground without it looking as though we live in some sort of a dump! Surface patches are missing today and in the most key places, swings have been fixed to look awful and offer questionable safety, the walls (need to take a photo really) are missing bricks etc. Yesterday I was there with both girls and two men came to remove what was left of the... seesaw or something - sharp metal bits sticking out of the ground which had been there for probably a year! They dragged an electric cable through the whole playground, started cutting out the bits creating sparks and, mainly, stinking smoke which was so bad it made us flee - and all that in broad daylight with dozens of little ones playing right there. I could then see them start to patch the surface (not the safe surface but the asphalt? underneath it) where the metal bits used to be - again, in broad daylight with little ones all over the place! Would that sort of thing be happening in the UK? Think we know the answer to that one!

Same is true for everything else, too. Ever since Sobyanin's been in power, my whole area's a mess. They've been fixing one thing or another every damn day - I actually used to get properly excited for changes were truly needed, except the changes he's given us have been making me cry. Roads, tram tracks, playgrounds - look good for a day or two before they need fixing again! We all know the reason, and I fecking hate it all, hate him and the city and living in this dump. Am embarrassed to invite friends from the UK etc., for they already think of Russia as one big dump and this is our capital, and I live in the damn center of the damn capital and it IS a dump, and one I pay lots of money to live in. And I'm sure you've seen the tiles for the blind all over the place? They must want the blind dead!

Judge
18-06-2015, 16:51
I remember you telling us awhile ago about the state of your local playground .
Have you complained about it?

There are places online where you can complain , take pics and protest, government sites and sites where others like you who are annoyed have set up , bug the authorities,they do listen.
Moscow these past few years has changed for the better,this can be seen nearly all over the city...
It's far from being one big dump....
I don't live near the centre, but my area is awesome now, they extended the park,now 5 metro stations north Moscow are more or less connected by parks, loads of kids playgrounds for all ages, bike lanes, a really cool BBQ area with tables,benches and mangals for all to use..

Uncle Wally
18-06-2015, 17:00
I remember you telling us awhile ago about the state of your local playground .
Have you complained about it?

There are places online where you can complain , take pics and protest, government sites and sites where others like you who are annoyed have set up , bug the authorities,they do listen.
Moscow these past few years has changed for the better,this can be seen nearly all over the city...

Yeah I agree! I think they have been doing a great job on fixing up parks. They have been fixing underground passages and if no one has noticed they are now closing all kiosk in the metro underground passages. Maybe they're working more on the bigger places and not doing so much in smaller parks. The park I take my kid to is not so bad and it's about 5 or 6 years old now.

Judge
18-06-2015, 17:34
Yeah I agree! I think they have been doing a great job on fixing up parks. They have been fixing underground passages and if no one has noticed they are now closing all kiosk in the metro underground passages. Maybe they're working more on the bigger places and not doing so much in smaller parks. The park I take my kid to is not so bad and it's about 5 or 6 years old now.

The list is endless when it comes to improvements in and around Moscow, regarding kiosks,they pop up and close often..
The new roads are impressive, massive road works all around the city, Yaroslavl shosse for one, they are building a new road to bypass taraskova, even the one to St Petes, I've been told that drive now is so much easier..I mention Yaroslavl shosse cos that's the one I often use,from the MKAD to about 20km out of Moscow, the amount of roadworks being done makes your head spin...

Uncle Wally
18-06-2015, 17:52
The list is endless when it comes to improvements in and around Moscow, regarding kiosks,they pop up and close often..
The new roads are impressive, massive road works all around the city, Yaroslavl shosse for one, they are building a new road to bypass taraskova, even the one to St Petes, I've been told that drive now is so much easier..I mention Yaroslavl shosse cos that's the one I often use,from the MKAD to about 20km out of Moscow, the amount of roadworks being done makes your head spin...

Yeah I've noticed that too and the work they are doing is made to last. I remember how people said that his wife must own a brick making company because he started replacement of all the sidewalks. The scam was the old sidewalks that needed replacement every year and roads too. I have never seen in the 20 years I've been here so much improvement.

natlee
18-06-2015, 18:00
They have indeed improved most of the tourist center, outskirts and the nicer parks throughout the city. They have majorly messed up the rest. No, I have not complained because I've been dealing with far more pressing issues to do with water and electricity in my building for as long as I can remember :evilgrin: I guess it won't hurt to try, but I have not heard of such complaints by individuals leading anywhere (good).

It is not one playground they've messed up but the whole area, and it's not just my area, either. Even the expensive center like Stoleshnikov they have had to retile, and again, that is just one example. And I repeat, how do you feel about the tiles for the blind - have you looked? Please do next time you see some. You were lucky, but my take is he and his people should burn in hell for what they've done to certain parts of my city.

Uncle Wally
18-06-2015, 18:24
They have indeed improved most of the tourist center, outskirts and the nicer parks throughout the city. They have majorly messed up the rest. No, I have not complained because I've been dealing with far more pressing issues to do with water and electricity in my building for as long as I can remember :evilgrin: I guess it won't hurt to try, but I have not heard of such complaints by individuals leading anywhere (good).

It is not one playground they've messed up but the whole area, and it's not just my area, either. Even the expensive center like Stoleshnikov they have had to retile, and again, that is just one example. And I repeat, how do you feel about the tiles for the blind - have you looked? Please do next time you see some. You were lucky, but my take is he and his people should burn in hell for what they've done to certain parts of my city.

Please remind me never to make you mad!

Yes you live in an old part of the city and most likely need more work done. You had the oldest escalator in the whole of Moscow's metro system. But then who goes there? I haven't been there in a long time. It's not like a tourist area, schools yes but.

Do you talk with other mothers that use the park? Maybe one of them has more time? If not don't worry the problem will still be there when you get back and soon will be winter and snow will cover all the trash and Moscow will seem beautiful again. During the winter you will have more time to write e-mails.

Benedikt
18-06-2015, 20:04

because his wife owned a construction company. Sobranin builds roads because he owns an asphalt company....
said that, there is an improvement in the parks and infrastructure. but that has little do do with the mayors office as such. it is each district's prefect and administration who are responsible for that.
Nat, indeed, take pics, each district has a web site. you also get the districts free (knock and drop) newspaper. they are always looking for stories. and they bring results, believe me. Do you have an official/office of the -Yabloko- Party. We i nStrogino have an excellent lady deputy here. she has put up much effort and get things moving. Just because i can not vote, does not mean i can not get involved in the happenings in my district... and just complaining here, will help nothing....

vossy7
18-06-2015, 20:50

My heart goes out to you Nat , maybe I am living in a bubble but we live in an old Stalinki in Moscow....and I was always impressed with what they did with the playgrounds....this shot is this evening after I got back from Warsaw....it's empty.... where are the kids.....I think they are watching telly and/or on their gadgets :question:

natlee
18-06-2015, 21:23
Please remind me never to make you mad!

Yes you live in an old part of the city and most likely need more work done. You had the oldest escalator in the whole of Moscow's metro system. But then who goes there? I haven't been there in a long time. It's not like a tourist area, schools yes but.

Do you talk with other mothers that use the park? Maybe one of them has more time? If not don't worry the problem will still be there when you get back and soon will be winter and snow will cover all the trash and Moscow will seem beautiful again. During the winter you will have more time to write e-mails. It's not so much about the area needing work done, but the fact that they tick it off the list once they've 'fixed' it when in fact they've made it worse! I have spoken to a local deputy who has assured me she had demanded they build Пушкинский дворик from scratch, but I do have my doubts!

What does it matter who goes here? It is not just the tourist parts that need fixing, you know ;)

Not really, because the one time I spoke to a mother in the playground I could no longer leave the building without being taken by the hand and told about every neighbor's private life in great detail! :eek:

On a more serious note, it is not about my area - if my area was the only one that was so bad, then I'd have moved (to a different area) ages ago. It's tons of things from the overall state of the city to (some of) its people. I'm getting very sick of doors slammed in my face, and general rudeness all over the place. My most 'favorite' people are my own neighbors who think that they can speak to me like sh*t simply because I'm a young(ish) single(ish) woman, and with less money than them!

Whooops, the thread title isn't actually why we wanna leave.......... ;)

natlee
18-06-2015, 21:43
My heart goes out to you Nat , maybe I am living in a bubble but we live in an old Stalinki in Moscow....and I was always impressed with what they did with the playgrounds....this shot is this evening after I got back from Warsaw....it's empty.... where are the kids.....I think they are watching telly and/or on their gadgets :question: Ours looked like this for about two days ;)

Honey, I would've been very happy to live in a bubble - sadly, I'm among the few (it seems) unlucky ones! And yup, sadly the kiddies are on their iPads! :evilgrin:

Had a really nice evening outside today, check this out - my favorite film of all time! Wish they did this more often :)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/561/18743194330_2e60fe6001_z.jpg

natlee
18-06-2015, 22:06
(Part of) the old Pushkinskii dvorik...

TolkoRaz
18-06-2015, 23:31
Had a really nice evening outside today, check this out - my favorite film of all time! Wish they did this more often :)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/561/18743194330_2e60fe6001_z.jpg

Pokrovskie Vorota! ;)

natlee
19-06-2015, 20:28
Pokrovskie Vorota! ;) ;)

Uncle Wally
19-06-2015, 20:32
;)

They ain't showing that movie or any other movie in a park in the UK! See how much cooler Moscow is?

vossy7
19-06-2015, 21:13
(Part of) the old Pushkinskii dvorik...

Your's looks cooler than ours , looks like you have drive in movies :reindeer:

natlee
19-06-2015, 21:16
Your's looks cooler than ours , looks like you have drive in movies :reindeer: Sadly, no more!

vossy7
19-06-2015, 21:26
F%^&....this was to Nat.....
They ain't showing that movie or any other movie in a park in the UK! See how much cooler Moscow is?

OK....so here is a token of my appreciation of your wonderful and open posts....a rose which just opened up since I got back ....it deserves to be called Nat's rose.....it has some imperfections as we all do .....but at it's heart there is real beauty and kindness....:10518::10518:

penka
19-06-2015, 21:33
In my parents' yard (if you are lucky to get in since there is a gate) there are several trees on the perimeter (all but one are poplars - everyone knows, what means in practical terms) and a bunch of porshes with horrid paint on (WHY??).
No other greenery, no flowers, nada. I mean, nothing to rest an eye on.
And bless all the delivery people who are managing to get through!

natlee
19-06-2015, 21:56
F%^&....this was to Nat..... :D

Ahhh thank you honey :inlove:

Uncle Wally
19-06-2015, 23:06
:
:D

Ahhh thank you honey :inlove:

:yuk: ::vomit: