PDA

View Full Version : Buying towels

ConanS
14-06-2015, 22:48
Hey all, first of all, I'm alive and well. So, I understand and want to preemptively apologize if this is in the wrong place in the forums. Anyways, I realized that I left my towel back in my hostel in Tallinn, and naturally it occurred after I got back to my apartment. Anyways, where is a good place to buy them and are there certain brands you'd recommend? Also, giving away the remnants of my cover of my location, does anybody happen to know places in Mitino where I possibly could find said towels? Spasibo!

tasel
14-06-2015, 22:54
Is buying a towel such a hard thing to do in Russia ?

FatAndy
14-06-2015, 23:09
Is buying a towel such a hard thing to do in Russia ?
Tasel, it's you're the experienced spy:12115:, ConanS just has finished his 1st year :)

Well, last ones I bought in Bulgaria, at summertime.

Closest to me is Varshavskoe shosse, 125 (it's ~1 km long building, proximal part), kitchenware shop, they also have housewares, including towels.

And, of course, IKEA - nearest to your Pyatnichka is that in Himki, Leningradka, left side if you go to SVO.

But I'm pretty sure near those 2 metros in Mitino you can find them... oh, and don't forget to check Otrada shopping center, further by Pyatnichka to Krasnogorsk, right side of the shosse.

ConanS
15-06-2015, 09:09
Tasel, it's you're the experienced spy:12115:, ConanS just has finished his 1st year :)

Well, last ones I bought in Bulgaria, at summertime.

Closest to me is Varshavskoe shosse, 125 (it's ~1 km long building, proximal part), kitchenware shop, they also have housewares, including towels.

And, of course, IKEA - nearest to your Pyatnichka is that in Himki, Leningradka, left side if you go to SVO.

But I'm pretty sure near those 2 metros in Mitino you can find them... oh, and don't forget to check Otrada shopping center, further by Pyatnichka to Krasnogorsk, right side of the shosse.

Awesome, thanks! I realize Auchan may have them, but the information about places in my neck of the woods is handy

Benedikt
15-06-2015, 16:30
next to it ( not In the building as such) there are several smaller shops who have bedlinnen, towels and the likes. from cheapo chinese made to expensive , though still chinese made, designer things.

FatAndy
15-06-2015, 16:49
Mitino RADIO rynok
next to it ( not In the building as such) there are several smaller shops who have bedlinnen, towels and the likes. from cheapo chinese made to expensive , though still chinese made, designer things.
Ben, it's you're the experienced spy (see my reply to tasel above). :D

Novices can't imagine radio market with towels. Just not in their universe for the moment.

It's so called Main Russian Military Secret (C) :rofl:

ConanS, it was a joke, for a case ;)

Benedikt
15-06-2015, 18:22
D

Novices can't imagine radio market with towels. Just not in their universe for the moment.

not in the MAIN building but around it. they are like flies around dung. a big shop/shopping center sets up and all round the little ones settle as well.

ConanS
15-06-2015, 20:53
ConanS, it was a joke, for a case ;)

Don't worry, I didn't cry myself to sleep ;)

FatAndy
15-06-2015, 21:03
Don't worry, I didn't cry myself to sleep ;)
Well, and how're your achievements? Auchan, Ikea, radiorynok or what?

ConanS
15-06-2015, 22:46
Well, and how're your achievements? Auchan, Ikea, radiorynok or what?

I may try Radiorynok as that'll be easier. Auchan will be next, then barring that, Ikea is my third option, as far as the plan goes.

Uncle Wally
16-06-2015, 12:00
I may try Radiorynok as that'll be easier. Auchan will be next, then barring that, Ikea is my third option, as far as the plan goes.

What have you been doing to dry off, just stand naked in front of an open window?

ConanS
16-06-2015, 21:47
What have you been doing to dry off, just stand naked in front of an open window?

Touche sir, touche

penka
16-06-2015, 22:06
Jeez, go and buy those bloody towels already!!!!!

ConanS
16-06-2015, 22:57
Jeez, go and buy those bloody towels already!!!!!

And deprive everybody of a borderline hijacked thread? Come on, where's your sense of adventure! Kidding aside, as soon as I get my sh*t together I'll skedaddle over and get them

penka
16-06-2015, 23:46
And deprive everybody of a borderline hijacked thread? Come on, where's your sense of adventure! Kidding aside, as soon as I get my sh*t together I'll skedaddle over and get them

:):):)

You go, man, get 'em!:)

natlee
17-06-2015, 00:47
What have you been doing to dry off, just stand naked in front of an open window? :D :D :D

ConanS
17-06-2015, 18:40
:D :D :D

I'm glad Natlee supports me in this endeavor

Uncle Wally
17-06-2015, 22:15
I'm glad Natlee supports me in this endeavor

Maybe you need to rent a flat across from hers?

ConanS
17-06-2015, 23:41
Maybe you need to rent a flat across from hers?

I mean, I am going to be moving to a different part of Moscow, so this actually is good timing

vossy7
18-06-2015, 00:21
Now if this was about sanitary towels then I could understand the longevity of the thread....my wife tells me about the early days in Soviet times....yes we do discuss it....we discuss everything :10641:

Judge
18-06-2015, 00:38
Now if this was about sanitary towels then I could understand the longevity of the thread....my wife tells me about the early days in Soviet times....yes we do discuss it....we discuss everything :10641:

Of course, this I've discussed too,with many here, the hardship that many went through is what makes them what they are today (determined ), sometimes I think living through real tough times makes us really appreciate what we have today.
Take this thread about towels, Penka a real Russian woman ordering a man to buy towels ,to make it here a man needs not to worry about where and how to buy towels. .

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 11:08
I mean, I am going to be moving to a different part of Moscow, so this actually is good timing

PM Natlee for address.

Uncle Wally
20-06-2015, 11:10

Even your mushy flirting with Natlee?

penka
20-06-2015, 11:38
Of course, this I've discussed too,with many here, the hardship that many went through is what makes them what they are today (determined ), sometimes I think living through real tough times makes us really appreciate what we have today.
Take this thread about towels, Penka a real Russian woman ordering a man to buy towels ,to make it here a man needs not to worry about where and how to buy towels. .

What are you trying to say, dear?:) Not sure, I got it.

FatAndy
20-06-2015, 12:48
As every guy, he is trying to confuse and mess you ;)

vossy7
20-06-2015, 12:50
Even your mushy flirting with Natlee?

Ah Wally.....do I detect a hint of green there? :)

penka
20-06-2015, 12:54
As every guy, he is trying to confuse and mess you ;)

Ah! Silly me:D

FatAndy
20-06-2015, 13:03
Ah! Silly me:D
Precious! ;)

penka
20-06-2015, 13:05
Precious! ;)

:kiss_mini:

Uncle Wally
21-06-2015, 08:51
Ah Wally.....do I detect a hint of green there? :)

A hint?

ConanS
22-06-2015, 18:03
In the riveting saga of ConanS's attempt to buy a replacement towel, I haven't gotten off my ass yet to do so, but this weekend is it. I know you all cared to know, but there we are.

penka
22-06-2015, 18:22
In the riveting saga of ConanS's attempt to buy a replacement towel, I haven't gotten off my ass yet to do so, but this weekend is it. I know you all cared to know, but there we are.

Er... you need any further encouragement or what?;)

ConanS
22-06-2015, 19:41

Yeah, I've gotta get in the right frame of mind to go out and buy them. It's all about that game face, you know?

penka
22-06-2015, 19:46
Yeah, I've gotta get in the right frame of mind to go out and buy them. It's all about that game face, you know?

How difficult you are!:D

FatAndy
22-06-2015, 20:52
Write a book about this...:12115:

penka
22-06-2015, 21:08
Write a book about this...:12115:

Great idea! Will Conan decide on a self-help book or a thriller with a foreign connection?:book:

FatAndy
22-06-2015, 21:17
Great idea! Will Conan decide on a self-help book or a thriller with a foreign connection?:book:
What else besides thriller can be written about the Citadel of Bloody Rotten Regime?!:brush:

ConanS
22-06-2015, 22:18
What else besides thriller can be written about the Citadel of Bloody Rotten Regime?!:brush:

It'll be a self-help book about how to survive in when foreign countries intervene in one's quest to buy towels in a foreign country ;)

Uncle Wally
24-06-2015, 12:17
It'll be a self-help book about how to survive in when foreign countries intervene in one's quest to buy towels in a foreign country ;)

Sounds more like a tragic comedy. Do I sense a screen play coming shortly after the books release?

Uncle Wally
24-06-2015, 12:19

You see all he needs to know is that there a cute young girl working at the shop.

FatAndy
24-06-2015, 13:00
there a cute young girl working at the shop.
...and she will be the beginning of the thriller mentioned...:ok:

Judge
24-06-2015, 13:11

Nothing really, just that you seem frustrated about him (like a lost puppy) buying towels, how hard can it be to find a shop that sells towels in a city with 14 m people and shops, malls all over the place.
I think he only owned one towel and has been towelless for weeks.:thumbsup:

FatAndy
24-06-2015, 13:24
and has been towelless for weeks.:thumbsup:
Paper ones are in Perekrestok! :eh:

[The whole forum is breathless awaiting "le fin" of the epos!]

Judge
24-06-2015, 13:25

Good man,
I just gave this thread 5 stars. Good luck with your hunt.

penka
24-06-2015, 16:38
Nothing really, just that you seem frustrated about him (like a lost puppy) buying towels, how hard can it be to find a shop that sells towels in a city with 14 m people and shops, malls all over the place.
I think he only owned one towel and has been towelless for weeks.:thumbsup:

:jawdrop:

actually, I'm quite sure, Conan is capable of managing his towel situation. and even write a self-help bestseller on the subject.

ConanS
24-06-2015, 22:31
You see all he needs to know is that there a cute young girl working at the shop.

The plot twist is when she's revealed as the enemy spy

ConanS
24-06-2015, 22:33
:jawdrop:

actually, I'm quite sure, Conan is capable of managing his towel situation. and even write a self-help bestseller on the subject.

If I ever become a world-famous author, you can pinpoint it on me being an idiot and forgetting my towel in Tallinn ;)

Judge
24-06-2015, 23:09
If I ever become a world-famous author, you can pinpoint it on me being an idiot and forgetting my towel in Tallinn ;)

You're lucky you forgot only your towel,
have you visted Amsterdam yet, you might lose more than just a towel.:rasta:

Uncle Wally
25-06-2015, 11:11
The plot twist is when she's revealed as the enemy spy

Did you only figure that out when she dropped the towel? Man she looked good in just a towel but she knock my sox off when she dropped it.

ConanS
25-06-2015, 20:27
Did you only figure that out when she dropped the towel? Man she looked good in just a towel but she knock my sox off when she dropped it.

^^^. Yeah, I'm planning to write that we went out for drinks afterwards, which is when the obligatory fast car chase occurred.

penka
25-06-2015, 21:13
Oh dear... That is getting very complicated....

TolkoRaz
25-06-2015, 21:19
'Threw the Towel-in' in Tallin!

It promises to be an epic movie! :coffee:

penka
25-06-2015, 21:20

Sounds like a political thriller...

FatAndy
25-06-2015, 21:23
Oh dear... That is getting very complicated....
Once more, he isn't a very experienced spy...::coffee: he'll discover the beauty of simplicity a bit later...

But noooot veeeeryyyyy faaaaast uaaaaan... ;)

vossy7
25-06-2015, 23:31
So , I believe myself to be an Irishman with more than a bit more intelligence than the average Chukcha .....so here is a post about buying towels in Moscow....not the sanitary variety , we got that covered , thank god, but the ones that we covet from Germans on holiday WTF.....and yes once again WTF...J has give this post 5......yes 5 f@#$%^& stars.......RL, JAS , where are you guys when we need you most :floating:

penka
25-06-2015, 23:33
So , I believe myself to be an Irishman with more than a bit more intelligence than the average Chukcha .....so here is a post about buying towels in Moscow....not the sanitary variety , we got that covered , thank god, but the ones that we covet from Germans on holiday WTF.....and yes once again WTF...J has give this post 5......yes 5 f@#$%^& stars.......RL, JAS , where are you guys when we need you most :floating:

ńsch, screw the towels. Everyone has switched off to a bestseller now!

vossy7
25-06-2015, 23:41
ńsch, screw the towels. Everyone has switched off to a bestseller now!

Ahh Pen ....you got my juices flowing......which bestseller?

penka
25-06-2015, 23:44
Ahh Pen ....you got my juices flowing......which bestseller?

A political thriller on acquiring some towels in Russia:evilgrin:

vossy7
25-06-2015, 23:52

Well unashamedly I am just reading the bible of cooking by Delia....note my book mark of a piece of loo roll:)

Uncle Wally
26-06-2015, 00:03
^^^. Yeah, I'm planning to write that we went out for drinks afterwards, which is when the obligatory fast car chase occurred.

A drunken car chase! I hope she's still wrapped it a towel!

ConanS
26-06-2015, 23:11

I plan on getting Liam Neeson to star in the movie adaption ;)

ConanS
26-06-2015, 23:13
I promise that I'll bring this riveting saga to a close tomorrow by going to Auchan tomorrow

TolkoRaz
26-06-2015, 23:34
I plan on getting Liam Neeson to star in the movie adaption ;)

To the bath towel:

I don't know where you are, but I will look for you, I will find you, and I will use you!

vossy7
26-06-2015, 23:46
To the bath towel:

I don't know where you are, but I will look for you, I will find you, and I will use you!

Ha ha..... love this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzerTKCuRJ0

Uncle Wally
27-06-2015, 01:44
I promise that I'll bring this riveting saga to a close tomorrow by going to Auchan tomorrow

I was hoping you wouldn't buy one so soon. All good things must come to an end I guess.

ConanS
27-06-2015, 10:06
I was hoping you wouldn't buy one so soon. All good things must come to an end I guess.

If it makes you feel better, I won't use it for at least another day

Uncle Wally
27-06-2015, 10:10
If it makes you feel better, I won't use it for at least another day

It was only so the thread wouldn't end. People are having such fun. Anyway there is still a chance you will fail to obtain a towel today.

ConanS
27-06-2015, 10:49
Anyway there is still a chance you will fail to obtain a towel today.

I feel that you're rooting for that to happen so this thread continues

Uncle Wally
27-06-2015, 11:57
I feel that you're rooting for that to happen so this thread continues

A little I must admit.

vossy7
27-06-2015, 13:28
I know a banya downtown where you guys can share a towel :D

FatAndy
27-06-2015, 13:30
Sanduny...

Uncle Wally
27-06-2015, 13:46

Is that where you meet TR? You know Natlee is getting jealous.

ConanS
27-06-2015, 14:22
Update: I finally got the towel! However, after I got out of Auchan, the guy whom I'm moving in with told me that I need to get bedding. So, it's time to write another best selling self-help/thriller on getting blankets and bedding!

penka
27-06-2015, 14:28
Update: I finally got the towel! However, after I got out of Auchan, the guy whom I'm moving in with told me that I need to get bedding. So, it's time to write another best selling self-help/thriller on getting blankets and bedding!

I believe you should post the picture of the long-awaited towel before everyone could move on. Please, attach a short summary of your feelings on your interaction with it!

FatAndy
27-06-2015, 14:30
it's time to write another best selling self-help/thriller on getting blankets and bedding!
Congrats with a new towel(s?) ;)

About blankets, pillow shells etc - don't buy cheapest ones, they often contain polyester threads with cotton - this leads to ESD and less comfort. Pure cotton ones are much better.

penka
27-06-2015, 14:35
Congrats with a new towel(s?) ;)

About blankets, pillow shells etc - don't buy cheapest ones, they often contain polyester threads with cotton - this leads to ESD and less comfort. Pure cotton ones are much better.

Andy, don't encourage Conan to change the subject!:11513:

I want to see the climax of this saga first!:fireworks:

ConanS
27-06-2015, 15:00
I believe you should post the picture of the long-awaited towel before everyone could move on. Please, attach a short summary of your feelings on your interaction with it!

It's a green one, and I'm digging it so far

penka
27-06-2015, 15:05
It's a green one, and I'm digging it so far

I see, you are maintaining the suspense on purpose!:)

ConanS
27-06-2015, 15:21
I see, you are maintaining the suspense on purpose!:)

I mean, it's cause the picture I took on my phone is too big to upload here and I'm lazy and don't want to adjust it. But yeah, let's go with keeping the suspense. ;)

penka
27-06-2015, 15:24
I mean, it's cause the picture I took on my phone is too big to upload here and I'm lazy and don't want to adjust it. But yeah, let's go with keeping the suspense. ;)

You had to save it small or medium size, my friend:)

vossy7
27-06-2015, 21:49

Hey Pen , just had a swim after the banya.....and I am still steaming :AngelPray:

penka
27-06-2015, 21:59
Hey Pen , just had a swim after the banya.....and I am still steaming :AngelPray:

Is TR informed?:)

vossy7
27-06-2015, 22:04
Is TR informed?:)

He's just toweling himself off :)

penka
27-06-2015, 22:24
He's just toweling himself off :)

:eek:

vossy7
27-06-2015, 22:27
:10600:

Uncle Wally
27-06-2015, 22:40

I bet that's what you tell all the girls. It's too big to "up load"

Did your roommate wait until you got home from buying a towel to tell you you need sheets too? You could have bought them in the same place. It must not be very comfortable sleeping without sheets. So the saga continues.

natlee
27-06-2015, 22:43
I'm glad Natlee supports me in this endeavor Yup! I, too, do without a towel (occasionally) ;)

Maybe you need to rent a flat across from hers? Mmmm! :p

Even your mushy flirting with Natlee? :D

Is that where you meet TR? You know Natlee is getting jealous. Of? :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

vossy7
27-06-2015, 22:53
OK....this has been toweled enough....we all love towels.....we all need towels .....we use, abuse, steal ....whatever ....all I know is I am f#cking freezing after a swim just now and my towel is my best friend , ever....ever :10189:

ConanS
27-06-2015, 23:00
I bet that's what you tell all the girls. It's too big to "up load"

Did your roommate wait until you got home from buying a towel to tell you you need sheets too? You could have bought them in the same place. It must not be very comfortable sleeping without sheets. So the saga continues.

1) ;)

2) I was walking around the mall after buying it when I got a message from him. No worries though, as I have some sheets I can temporarily use. So yes, the saga continues.

penka
27-06-2015, 23:06
:fireworks:The show must go on!:D

ConanS
27-06-2015, 23:12
:fireworks:The show must go on!:D

Stay tuned for round two of me trying to be a responsible adult and buy necessary apartment items!

penka
27-06-2015, 23:24
Stay tuned for round two of me trying to be a responsible adult and buy necessary apartment items!

:bowdown:

Uncle Wally
28-06-2015, 09:54

Please start an individual thread for each individual household item so we can give each said household item it's just do. Some household items may be funnier than other household items and may appear larger when viewed in side mirrors of select automobiles.

Bath towels for one are hilarious.

ConanS
30-06-2015, 00:00
Please start an individual thread for each individual household item so we can give each said household item it's just do. Some household items may be funnier than other household items and may appear larger when viewed in side mirrors of select automobiles.

Bath towels for one are hilarious.

Next up on the agenda are bed sheets, so fear not Wally

Uncle Wally
30-06-2015, 12:50
Next up on the agenda are bed sheets, so fear not Wally

The suspense is killing me!