PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever file G-325a to support a spouse's Visa application?

Caoimhin
31-05-2015, 18:36
I am a U.S. citizen and was married to a Russian citizen this January. I am in the process of applying for a visa for my wife so that she can move back to the U.S. with me. I have a few questions regarding the G-325a biographical information form in support of the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative form and have been unable to find answers online so far. I would appreciate it very much if anyone here who has experience with these documents could help me resolve my questions.

1.) Under the section heading: "Residence Last 5 Years" do I need to list the addresses my wife and I were physically residing or the addresses where we had our permanent residences?
(For example: For most of the last 5 years I was a student. My physical residence changed from dormitory to my home to an apartment back to home then back to an apartment and then back to home, but my permanent residence was always at my home during the whole period ... And as for my wife, she has one address on her citizen's passport/propiska, but was often living at a different address and even in different cities from that for which she has a propiska.)

2.) Under the section heading: "This form is submitted in connection with an application for" do my wife and I need to have different answers or the same?
On some websites I have seen that I should check "Other" and write in "I-130 application" and my wife should check "status as a permanent resident", and on other websites it says we should both check "Other: I-130". Which is correct?

3.) At the very bottom of the form, it asks for the printed name of the "Applicant". Should this be my wife's name on both forms, as she is the one applying for a visa, or should my form have my name and my wife's have her own name?